Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2019, 03:55 PM   #855
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
That's gorgeous! You sure picked a winner. How old are the batteries? Will you have to replace any anytime soon? How about the tires? Those won't be cheap either.

I see the generator says 80amp on that spec sheet. So you can run everything in your coach plus.......what? Maybe a portable hot tub?

That cockpit looks like it's straight from an aircraft. Does the bus have "call letters" printed on the tail?

Awesome tank capacities. You'll go a long ways, both in miles & between dumps, with those volumes.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2019, 07:19 PM   #856

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
That's gorgeous! You sure picked a winner. How old are the batteries? Will you have to replace any anytime soon? How about the tires? Those won't be cheap either.

Not sure how old the batteries are. Tires are 2 (6 rear)5 (front)years old. The front ones are the pricey ones.

I see the generator says 80amp on that spec sheet. So you can run everything in your coach plus.......what? Maybe a portable hot tub?
That would be nice. 20,000 watts!

That cockpit looks like it's straight from an aircraft. Does the bus have "call letters" printed on the tail?
We can start one or all of the A/C's from the drivers seat

Awesome tank capacities. You'll go a long ways, both in miles & between dumps, with those volumes.
Yup we need two hundred gallons of diesel fuel at 6 mpg

Lori-

I truly is made for boondocking but at 53K GVW not sure how far we would want to venture off the road. If we were to get stuck, it has two receiver hitches up front that the coach can be safely pulled with. Hope that will never happen.
It has been upgrade to two 4000 watt 24 volt Magnum pro sine inverters, plus the fridge has it's very own pro sine inverter.

It is way more complicated than the Alpine and I will have a very long apprenticeship. Guess we have three -four years to get to know it before we truly hit the road.
OH, the best part. Like all Blue Birds, it has a horn that plays 100 songs!!
Old 12-27-2019, 08:59 PM   #857
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
We can start one or all of the A/C's from the drivers seat...
That's fancy!

Dave used to tell people we had voice command shades for the cockpit in the Bounder. He'd say "Lori, lower the front shade a bit, the sun's in my eyes.".

Lori-
Old 12-27-2019, 10:23 PM   #858

Alpine Owners Club
Indiana Members

Quote:
That's fancy!

Dave used to tell people we had voice command shades for the cockpit in the Bounder. He'd say "Lori, lower the front shade a bit, the sun's in my eyes.".

Lori-

Did it work[emoji12]?

Starting the A/C’s will be nice till it doesn’t work[emoji35]
Old 12-28-2019, 05:29 AM   #859

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes - - Angie uses hers all the time - saves wait times at the laundry room at the park....I'm talking about the washer and dryer.....(of course)...
Old 12-29-2019, 05:41 AM   #860

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Patty View Post

Starting the A/C’s will be nice till it doesn’t work[emoji35]
Happy thoughts.......nothing but happy thoughts for the New Year......

Now - - go out and give your new rig a hug.....!

Happy New Year everyone......

g
Old 12-29-2019, 08:16 AM   #861

Alpine Owners Club
Yes. Happy New!

I trust it will be full of wonderful new experiences and travels.

Enjoy the Florida weather!

Travel safe!
Old 12-30-2019, 08:38 AM   #862

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Patty View Post
D and E,

We took a long time to decide what we wanted. I wanted an all metal coach so there were only a few to choose from....Newell, BB and Prevost. Blue Bird fitted our wants.....Big window and dinette in the passenger side and at least two slides. This thing is built like a tank!

We really need to schedule a campfire!! As they say, we need to "get'er done!"

Hey Tom, I just checked out your pictures and Wow!! Y'all sure got 1 beautiful rig!! It seems really heavy but, I bet it has a lot more room inside then the Alpine did. How's the tag axle? I think our next rig will have the bath and a half option and it would be nice to have a tag!
We took off Thursday and went up to Chain O Lakes state park in northern Indiana. This is our 4th time dewinterizeing since November! We are really enjoying winter camping, there was only 2 other campers in the entire park. Very peaceful and quiet, which is always nice. Sunday we came to your neck of the woods, we came to Indy and got a spot at Haven lake campground. There are a ton of people here! We are going to stay a couple days up here because of Dr appointments.
Anyway, I hope y'all have a Happy New year and we will have to find a campfire to sit around!!
Take care, D n E
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191229_140519.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	270987   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191229_141009.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	384.4 KB
ID:	270988  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191229_140515.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	306.7 KB
ID:	270989  
Old 01-01-2020, 09:00 PM   #863

Alpine Owners Club
Happy New Year everyone!
I trust we will all get out more this year and do what we enjoy.....glamping.

Doug and Elaine. We need to put together a small rally. We and even invite Dave and Lori......from Ohio[emoji12].

Glenn,
We actually found a spot for the Bird in Greenwood. As luck would have it another Bird owner from Canada was storing his and we took his spot. Like yours and almost the same price.
At least it is out of the weather!!

Safe travels everyone!
Old 01-21-2020, 10:18 PM   #864

Alpine Owners Club
Indiana Members

Patty is getting antsy and it is getting harder for me to distract her. She wants to camp and I still need to finish going through the Blue Bird. No way do I want to get out west in single digit weather and not be sure we will have heat.
We had basement heat the whole three days we drove back from Phoenix, but I just don’t trust my knowledge yet.
Still lots more fine tuning to do....for me anyway....before the coach will feel like mine and I won’t feel like a novice owner.
Come on warm weather so I can get Patty out!!!
We still need to load the basement....maybe that will work.
One question...How long did it take to get organized inside and in the basement after buying a new coach?
Old 01-21-2020, 10:44 PM   #865
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Tell Patty, she can be in it all she wants while you're putzing around with it. Certainly she's got plenty to do shopping for new decor & getting all the dishes/pots/linens...etc. for inside. Tell her to get on Black Forest Decor & start buying. Spring will come soon enough.

As to your question about how long it takes.....I reorganized stuff in the Bounder bays every year for the 13 seasons we used it. Each Fall, when we unloaded stuff to winterize, I'd evaluate if it was something that was going to go back in the next Spring. Then we were always buying something or other we had to find a place for.

While I've got most everything in it's place in the Phaeton, I'm still searching for the perfect zero-gravity camp chairs that coordinate with the new coach colors. When I finally find them, that'll probably require some reorganizing.

I think it's a never ending task.

Lori-
Old 01-23-2020, 06:02 AM   #866

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When we went from diesel to gas - I had a major concern about basement storage.

I evaluated everything I had “stuffed” in the old diesel’s basement and only load stuff we used in the gasser.

To this day....I still have space left over ......... it’s great.......!

g
Old 01-25-2020, 04:27 PM   #867

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks Lori and Glenn.
I will do my best not to move “everything” from the Alpine to the Blue Bird. Some of it that was in the coach was never used.🤫
Old 01-25-2020, 04:31 PM   #868

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Tell Patty, she can be in it all she wants while you're putzing around with it. Certainly she's got plenty to do shopping for new decor & getting all the dishes/pots/linens...etc. for inside. Tell her to get on Black Forest Decor & start buying. Lori-

She has marked a few things from Black Forest[emoji765][emoji15]
I hope she can find substitutes[emoji12]