Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #43

Curious as to why you would have a roof fan sucking in? heat rises...roof fan blows out..fresh air comes in the windows...correct?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #44

I've been to Bristol, Talladega (both races every year), Daytona and Homestead. Stay in track camping at Daytona and Homestead, privately owned campgrounds outside the track at Bristol and Talladega. Either way, you can't have much more fun than is to be had at a NASCAR event. I'm retiring in the very near future, and my first agenda item for retirement is to load up the rig and follow the complete NASCAR circuit, every race, every track, Daytona in February to Homestead in November. If you're a NASCAR fan, you absolutely have to take in a race. As said up front, whether you are in the track or outside, you will have a good time!

Old 10-20-2012, 01:17 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by wydglydrydr
I've been to Bristol, Talladega (both races every year), Daytona and Homestead. Stay in track camping at Daytona and Homestead, privately owned campgrounds outside the track at Bristol and Talladega. Either way, you can't have much more fun than is to be had at a NASCAR event. I'm retiring in the very near future, and my first agenda item for retirement is to load up the rig and follow the complete NASCAR circuit, every race, every track, Daytona in February to Homestead in November. If you're a NASCAR fan, you absolutely have to take in a race. As said up front, whether you are in the track or outside, you will have a good time!
Wydgl...... (Way too many consonants) - have a great time at all the races!
Cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:32 AM   #46

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc3283 View Post
Curious as to why you would have a roof fan sucking in? heat rises...roof fan blows out..fresh air comes in the windows...correct?
Some Fantastic fans are reversible (ours aren't), so they can suck air in too. Some people think they get better cooling that way (they don't according to Fantastic Vent). So they turn the fan on and suck the exhaust fumes into their RV.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #47

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wydglydrydr View Post
I'm right there with 'ya. The DW and I have a NASCAR season on our bucket list! Just for kicks, I mapped out the last 10 chase races and with a start and end point at our sticks 'n bricks, it came in at about a 12,000 mile - 10 week journey.

The longest and toughest leg is the trip between race 9 (35) at Phoenix Raceway and race 10 (36) at Homestead Miami Speedway. It's a 2,500 mile leg. At an average speed of 55MPH, that's three, 15 hour days of driving.

As a guestimate, the 10 race Chase run is probably about a $25,000 trip. For us @ an average 6MPG, it would be about $9,000 in fuel, then tack on a low average of $1,000 per track (assuming a semi-premium, to premium spot) along with food and misc - and that's just for the 10 chase races.

We're gonna' need to save up a LOT more dollars to do a full, or chase season follow ... but we're not giving up on the dream!
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:56 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Labs View Post
I'm right there with 'ya. The DW and I have a NASCAR season on our bucket list! Just for kicks, I mapped out the last 10 chase races and with a start and end point at our sticks 'n bricks, it came in at about a 12,000 mile - 10 week journey.

The longest and toughest leg is the trip between race 9 (35) at Phoenix Raceway and race 10 (36) at Homestead Miami Speedway. It's a 2,500 mile leg. At an average speed of 55MPH, that's three, 15 hour days of driving.

As a guestimate, the 10 race Chase run is probably about a $25,000 trip. For us @ an average 6MPG, it would be about $9,000 in fuel, then tack on a low average of $1,000 per track (assuming a semi-premium, to premium spot) along with food and misc - and that's just for the 10 chase races.

We're gonna' need to save up a LOT more dollars to do a full, or chase season follow ... but we're not giving up on the dream!
It will be pricey and there are a couple of long legs over the course of the season, but I'm solo and I'll be retired, so I can make it work! When I do the full season, I'll compromise. M camping will probably all be outside the track and aside from Bristol and 'Dega, where I have season seats, I'll be sitting in general admission. I think it's a compromise worth making just to be able to do it.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #49

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wydglydrydr View Post
It will be pricey and there are a couple of long legs over the course of the season, but I'm solo and I'll be retired, so I can make it work! When I do the full season, I'll compromise. M camping will probably all be outside the track and aside from Bristol and 'Dega, where I have season seats, I'll be sitting in general admission. I think it's a compromise worth making just to be able to do it.
That's certainly one way to bring the costs down - camping outside the track, and since you'll know the entire schedule up front, you can reserve a campsite early.

For us, we'd like to do onsite or infield camping where ever possible as we love the atmosphere and there's nothing better than having your own RV, bathroom, fridge and kitchen when watching a race ... especially when the raindrops start to fall!

There are also quite a few tracks that you can't infield camp at anyway, so exterior camping is a necessity.

All hail to you on your quest for a full season ... let us know when you head out. You should start a blog when you do both for "our" entertainment, as well as having your own travel log.

Best of luck!

2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote