Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Infield at NASCAR

I'll bet there are some on this fourm that have camped in the infield at a NASCAR race.
Sounds like it would be more fun than Dianeyland.
What are the rules and what did it cost you?????????

Larry

Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I did the infield at Chicagoland speedway's september race last year with my son. Cost for the tickets was around $900, last year you had to buy 4 entries.
This year you only have to buy 2, cost is $450.

with the rain-out last year, this turned into a 5 day event.
It was absolutely the most fun I've ever had in the motorhome.
My next door neighbor on the right made a rpime rib, and invited anyone within earshot to share it.
My next door nieghbor on the left had a 30 yeasr old motohome and a cheap chinese genny he intended to run all night, we took turns unplugging it.
guys in front were a lot of fun, we spent much time with them.

A few spaces down they had a different live bvand each night.

Lots of people with old school buses with decks on top. One deck stretched across 4 of them.

One guy in a monaco signature had a full bar setup, free drinks for anyone.

One group had a stipper pole in a tent, inviting any and all passing ladies to try it out.

At one point, we hooked up with a guy and his lady who had a life sized cutout of RickyBobby. We went around the entire infield twice, free drinks from everyone, RickyBobby does not go dry.

If you like a good party (and I do), nascar infield camping is HIGHLY recommended!!!

As we were leaving, a motorcycle cop took a liking to us. He came up to the window and asked where we were going. On being told we wanted to go west on I 80, he said "follow me" and climbed on his bike. He lit up the lights, hit the siren, and went into the oncoming lane going out the tunnel under the racetrack, waving me to follow. We followed him for almost 15 miles to the interstate, traffic parting before us like the jews crossing the red sea. Only incident was when Kyle Busch'es hauler didn't get far enough off the road and I tapped his mirror with mine.

when we got to the I80 on ramp, that cop gave me a big wave, and just kept going.
I swung the knight into the onramp and blasted a big thanks with the air horns.

Best #@&*^&# camping trip of my life.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Oh... missed the part about rules... far as I can tell, there are no rules.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry & Rita View Post
I'll bet there are some on this fourm that have camped in the infield at a NASCAR race.
Sounds like it would be more fun than Dianeyland.
What are the rules and what did it cost you?????????

Larry
Daytona is $300/day or $600 for the weekend only (no hookups).
Other spots with hookups were $3000 for 10 days others were $1800. Tickets include 1 extra vehicle per site and it was only for 2 folks. Extra people ove 12 were $165 each.

Rules were no bikes, scooters, motorcycles, fireworks, or fires.
You could rent golf carts from a local company that satisfied the facility insurance requirements which they keep a secret. Thought it was lame they dont allow street legal scooters with current registration or bicycles.

Also sewer trucks charge $40/ per drain and water fills were $40 as well.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks Jim
I was watching the Las Vegas race and they panned the RVs area, looked like party central.
Larry
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherTodd

Daytona is $300/day or $600 for the weekend only (no hookups).
Other spots with hookups were $3000 for 10 days. Tickets include 1 extra vehicle per site and it was only for 2 folks. Extra people ove 12 were $165 each.

Rules were no bikes, scooters, motorcycles, fireworks, or fires.
You could rent golf carts from a local company that satisfied the facility insurance requirements which they keep a secret. Thought it was lame they dont allow street legal scooters with current registration or bicycles.

Also sewer trucks charge $40/ per drain and water fills were $40 as well.
Did those prices include seats or were they extra. ?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I looked into it a few years ago for the California Speedway. At that time, it was about $400 plus tickets. A friend has an infield suite (above pit row) every year, and my son and I have tickets and use that, so we would not have to buy tickets. The problem was and still is, that people who first started doing it, established priority, and it is almost impossable to get a spot, unless you started doing it over 10 years ago.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #8
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Been to Daytona and Indianapolis several times but that was back in the 70's and 80's. Lots of fun and sometimes a bit risqué. We would rent a uhall truck and genset. Would like to do it with the MH. DW and I plan to hit all the races once we retire.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Did those prices include seats or were they extra. ?
no seats were extra same as fan zone. You could easily eclipse the camping cost getting primo tower seats and fan zone access.
The seasoned folk had trackside spots and a flat screen/satillite setup along with the ear muffs...lol.

From our spot on top f thoe motorhome you can see the whole track so I wouldnt buy a ticket.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #10

I have been wanting to do a Nacar race, infield myself. How much fun would that be............
Old 03-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
We are going to our first NASCAR race in May at Talladega. Could not get camping tickets for inside the track, we are just outside in a reserved family area. We also have Pit Passes for Sunday and the cost was very reasonable for the whole package. This has been on my bucket list forever. I just want to see what all the excitement is about. DH is a trooper to go along with this. I am excited.....can't wait.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #12

Gotta start my bucket list, Maybe in Sept?
Old 03-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #13

NASCAR at Charlotte

Nothing beats a NASCAR race at Charlotte. Camping prices range from $150 to $1000 ($1000 is for the Tom Johnson full service camping resort just across the street from the track) for the 10 day period of the All-Star race to the Coca Cola 600. There are parades, race shops, Speed Street downtown and more fun then should be legal. You can also camp in the infield but must leave after the All-Star race and enter again the next weekend for the Nationwide and Coca Cola race.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
no seats. infield camping assumes you can watch from on top of your motorhome, or find a place along the fence.
Pit passes were included at chicagoland speeday, but not garage passes.
the whole experience was unreal.