Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2005, 05:08 AM   #1

Has anyone had very good or bad experience with certain companies?
rustee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2005, 05:08 AM   #2

Has anyone had very good or bad experience with certain companies?
rustee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 06:41 PM   #3

My experience with State Farm is good ...having three vehicles, an RV and the home insured with them ...but then again, an accident could happen tomorrow whereas they (or any other company) might decide to drop any or all the policies in a heart beat. Your question is a hard one to answer.

Rich
iRV2.com Member #216

2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T (Northwood Mfg) 5th wheel - 2014 RAM 3500:cool dually
Rich & Zara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 05:38 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
We have Progressive Insurance for the MH and toad. they have been great through several mishaps. We had hail damage on both vehicles and a claims agent was "on site" within 3 hours and even found damages I hadn't. they had a check to us within the week. I rolled the toad (on ice, nnot being toad) they paid very promptly. We had a firre in the MH and they paid off. They have not "adjusted our premiums! The above incidents occurred over a period of time, but still they are our insurance company. We have the insurance through our MH club and RV advantage (Farm & City). they are great agents!
Old 11-11-2005, 06:32 PM   #5

We have had two companies and both were okay but Progressive has been the best. Since we are full timers a lot of companies will not cover our unit.
Sissy7378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 04:52 PM   #6

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
It took me three months to get money for a burnt up plug and a air conditioner cap. from Nationwide but it not the company fault. The bills got lost on the agents desk. It took over two weeks to get him to call me. I am not sure what I am going to do in Jan. when it comes time to renew.
Tom
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 06:22 AM   #7

Angela at Farm and City Insurance is the best.

email: Angela Wirth <AWirth@rvadvantage.com>
tel: 800-331-1520
wrollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:56 AM   #8

In the mid 90s, before Progressive was covering autos, our truck broke down. Progressive paid to tow our truck and TT back to the park we were staying in and then towed the truck to the dealer to be fixed. We were pleased and impressed that they would tow the truck even though it was not insured thru them. They said since it was attached to the TT is was covered for towing.

We have had Progressive now for the last 4 years with decreasing deductible. When we go into Camping World the agent there is sure they can beat Progressive rates. Progressive bills our MH on yearly and GMAC do it on 6 months. Their 6 month premium runs $2-300 less than Progressives yearly premiums.

The same runs true for our autos - we have a p/u and two cars. No one comes close to Progressives rates. Our only other claim has been to replace a windshield on one of the cars.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rustee:
Has anyone had very good or bad experience with certain companies? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2000 Sea View 34' Ford V10
rvgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 04:38 PM   #9

I just had a bad experience with GMAC.
After having progressive for the last 5 years, I thought I'd give GMAC a chance seeing how Campers World endorses them.
Called an agent on the phone, read her my "declaration page" from Progressive, so we could compare apples to apples. Her quote....$200.00 less! Gave her the visa number for the policy. Got my visa bill a week later and they charged me $155.00 higher than what I agreed on. Making a long story short, after talking with 4 different reps at GMAC, I cancelled and went back to Progressive. That of course cost me another $50.00 to cancel the policy, and I haven't even had the policy a month! Never will I ever trust GMAC Insurance again. I even told the last lady that if I was having all these problems starting a policy, God help me if I ever had a claim!
Progressive is the way to go.
PS: AAA quoted me $400.00 higher than GMAC and that was including a special group rate.

Hope I haven't offended anyone associated with GMAC, if I have I offer my apology. I just had to vent.

'96 - 38' Adventurer
Flintstones Adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:11 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We are in the process of changing insurance companies with our move. So far GMAC is one of the higer ones we have a quote from.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 03:58 AM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
About three weeks ago i was involved in a rear end accident. I was the fourth of four cars involved. I was the last one hit. I am insured with Nationwide. When I filed the claim, I was informed Nationwide would not pursue the other insurance company until I had the truck repaired and paid the deductible. What they basically told me was they would not pursue the issue until their money had been put out. then they would pursue to recoup their money and get back my deductible. The other insurance company for the driver at fault was Amica. They are dragging their feet and dragging the matter out even though the police report and statements from their driver show they are clearly at fault. They have lied to me, to my insurance company and are telling us it will take several weeks or months to investigate to prolong having to put out money for 2 other vehicles that most likely will be totalled and to repair my truck. I will say, my agent is supposedly going to be making calls today to try and get resolution on this. As of now, I am not happy with either company, and will probably be looking for new insurance after this.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:50 PM   #12

Our experience with Foremost has been excellent, been with them since 1995 when we bought our first used motor home.

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote