Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2015, 10:41 AM   #1

interstate batteries

ok I give up telling people about the danger of buying these batteries where a new blew up in my face thank god I had a water hose there to flush the acid out of my eyes lucky not being blind .the battery was built wrong in mexico where a lab tech gave me this info.the flame arrester was not installed with other problems,had a real education on this issue.
rvers are still looking to save money this is one issue you shouldn't.
the lab tech told me the best battery to buy is Trojan which I originally had.all you have to do is go on the net and see how many lawsuits they have against them and mine was one of them and no I did connect them properly
anyways you take this the way you want if you don't have your good health you don't have anything
that is my final thread on this rest is up to you guys and yes at one time this was a great product not any more
lacdubonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2015, 10:54 AM   #2

Sparks have contributed to many brands of batteries exploding.
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:48 PM   #3

I am glad to hear finally someone else is aware of these batteries problems. I think the Nascar advertising has kept them going so far.
I have had problems with then since the 90's.

Hope you recover well.
GBRG07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:54 PM   #4

I'll admit I was concerned when I saw "Made In Mexico" stamped on the tops of the Interstate golf cart batteries I bought at Costco. That was over a year go. I installed them and have been using them without a problem since. My last pair of Interstate batteries were 8 years old and still working fine when I sold the trailer. If these hold up that well, I'll be happy. If not, it'll be Trojans next time.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:40 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I still say Trojan is overpriced,, I have DEKA, made here in the USA by East Pen Battery,, even the lead that goes into them is processed in the USA, no imported content. Not many manufacturers can make that claim. Only one smelter of lead still in the US.. East Penn Battery.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:24 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just replaced a 2.5 year old Interstate deep cycle RV house battery. They tested it and it had a bad cell. It was just out of warranty. The replacement Interstate that I bought looked a lot different than the old one. It works fine so far. A few days afterwards I was shopping in a Walmart and was looking at their deep cycle batteries. Their house brand top of the line RV deep cycle battery looked just like the replacement Interstate that I had purchased a few days earlier and had the same specifications. And it was priced about $50 less! So I know where I will be buying my next RV batteries.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:12 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had a pair of Interstate batteries that failed after 5 years, bad cells and we would get the rotten egg sulphur smell in the coach. I checked the voltage from the charger to the batteries and it was within proper range. I maintained these batteries carefully and was not happy they only lasted 5 years.
I bought a pair of deep cycle batteries from NAPA, hopefully they will last longer.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries