Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #29
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
That will only work with non-toll free numbers.

You cannot block your number when calling an 800, 888, etc. toll free number.

Different technology is used when calling 800 numbers.

Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
In my "Area" with Verizon, if I do not want "you/them" to see my number on caller ID/redial.......I just press "star 67" before dialing your number...........

Adios, Dirk - '84 Real Lite Truck Camper, '86 Wilderness Cimarron TT, previously 4 years as a fulltimer in a '07 DSDP

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, but millions of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2014, 09:37 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
That will only work with non-toll free numbers.

You cannot block your number when calling an 800, 888, etc. toll free number.

Different technology is used when calling 800 numbers.
Thank you for pointing this out.........I did not know this.......always learning something on here Thank you

2000 Newmar MADP 4060, 350ISC, Spartan MM, IFS 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:05 AM   #31
Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
No wonder they were calling with a address like that Mark!
Typo, I know, couldn't resist myself
Mark & Nancy
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Shep dog, R.I.P. Kenzie dog Toad 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:59 AM   #32
I got this call Saturday twice. I decided to have fun with him. I didn't answer him but let him go to my voice mail were he heard my best "taken" voice. " I don't know who you are, I do know what you want. as for a ransom I don't have money but what I do have are a particular set of skills, skills that I acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. if you don't call, I will not look for you, if you continue to harass me I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kick your dog."
vol445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:01 AM   #33
well, I did look for him and I did find him in park city florida. I have never been there might be a good rv trip. stupid guy used a landline
vol445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:04 PM   #34
I never get any of the fun calls !
Don and Nancy
[2014 40QBH Phaeton, 2015 Buick Enclave, 2yr old sisters Sara n Kaycee, Havanese, Two Segways
djbmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:15 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by spinn View Post
If you are curious it is better to look the number up using google. There are some telephone marketing companies that will call you and hang up or leave a message like the one you received. If you call back then they will continue to blast you with calls. Technically you have called them therefore you wish to receive their calls.
There is a way to eliminate unwanted calls. I purchased an Ooma VOIP phone system for my home a few years ago. When I get a call from someone I don't want to hear from again, I log into my account and block that number and, presto, you never hear from them again (at least not if they call from that number). You can set the system up to deliver one of several messages when they call ... it's a great system and the premier service is about $13 a month which includes free long distance to anywhere in the US and Canada and discounted rates elsewhere.

Scott & Lise
2015 Dutch Star 4381 with HWH Active Air
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon "Hard Rock" or
2011 Chevy Traverse LTZ ...... both w/Blue Ox Aventa and M&G Brake
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote