Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2011, 09:57 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Is anyone into Renaissance Faires?

I'm just curious if anyone on this forum is into doing Renaissance Faires, either as a vendor or a participant. We went to one here in Texas yesterday and had a blast. One of Nancy's good friends was the King and they had a Coronation of the new Queen.

We were wondering if any of you follow the faires and use your MH at them.

We are considering doing some faires this next year and were looking for more info as good and bad faires.
geekygpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2011, 03:26 AM   #2

iRV2 No Limits Club
Me. Lady Fitzgerald is my stage name. Mostly, I did interactive street improv (I har...entertained the paying customers in the streets) but I did have a stage act in 2006-2007, a female trio or quartet that sang a capella (think Renaissance Andrews Sisters). I've worked Festivals in CA and AZ although I've had to slow down quite a bit. I was supposed to work one in Escondido, CA last and this weekend but had to cancel out because of health issues.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:18 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Tracy and I were at the NC Renaissance Faire Saturday ... I have attended this Faire 12 out of the 18 years it has been held.
Yes in tights .. I have meet and remained Friends with many performers. There isn't a better time to be had... A yummy roasted turkey leg and a nice cold beer.... great people having fun... If you can attend one you won't be disapointed... Peace D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:27 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We haven't been in years, but the Sterling Renaissance Fair in Sterling NY is one of the best.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:47 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Thanks for the replies.

LadyFitz we wish you better health and being able to get back out there and to be able to 'Knock em dead'

Dixieray53 - in tights, Huh? That must be an interesting site to see 'Men in tights'.

birsby - we may try to get there if when get to that area, if it's the right time for it.

If we do start going to more than the 'local' ones, we will go in costume after we make them. Maybe I can get Nancy's friend to make us a Duke and Duchess and be his ambassadors from Middlefaire.
geekygpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:30 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekygpa View Post
Thanks for the replies.

LadyFitz we wish you better health and being able to get back out there and to be able to 'Knock em dead'

Dixieray53 - in tights, Huh? That must be an interesting site to see 'Men in tights'.

birsby - we may try to get there if when get to that area, if it's the right time for it.

If we do start going to more than the 'local' ones, we will go in costume after we make them. Maybe I can get Nancy's friend to make us a Duke and Duchess and be his ambassadors from Middlefaire.
That sounds like a lot of fun.
Personally, the visual of Dixieray53 in tights is causing me to laugh just a little... no alot
Old 10-31-2011, 07:14 PM   #7

iRV2 No Limits Club
Y'all know those "turkey legs" are actually emu legs? I would hate to run into a turkey big enough to have legs like that!

The man that runs the festival in NC also runs the big one just east of Apache Junction in AZ. I worked that one for several years.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:13 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
Y'all know those "turkey legs" are actually emu legs? I would hate to run into a turkey big enough to have legs like that!

The man that runs the festival in NC also runs the big one just east of Apache Junction in AZ. I worked that one for several years.
Seriously?? Why don't they sell them as emu legs then? I'm not being a smart alec, just curious.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
Seriously?? Why don't they sell them as emu legs then? I'm not being a smart alec, just curious.
Marketing, folks gets squeamish about eating things they are unfamiliar with. That's why they call calamari, calamari who would eat it if they called it fried battered squid rings! Also D the thought of a grown man in tights is making me reconsider our friendship.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:24 PM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to vermilye
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
We haven't been in years, but the Sterling Renaissance Fair in Sterling NY is one of the best.
I helped run a booth making stained glass at the Sterling Faire the first year. It sure has grown since then!
Old 11-01-2011, 01:25 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
There is at least one Renn Faire in PA - but it closed for the season last week. Check out their webpage at :
Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire
Don't go often but we do like to see the human chess match.
KSDP_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #12

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
Marketing, folks gets squeamish about eating things they are unfamiliar with...
The whole idea of eating turkey legs at Renaissance Festivals is rather silly. Turkeys are New World birds and were pretty much unknown in Europe during the Renaissance. The idea came from a portrait of Henry VIII holding what people have mistaken to be a turkey leg but more likely was a venison haunch.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	68394_1503947477675_1203888284_31180153_2231185_n.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	15289SCA stuff is fun as well, if you are near Phoenix in the winter go here
ESTRELLA WAR Home Page
oldcouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
Marketing, folks gets squeamish about eating things they are unfamiliar with. That's why they call calamari, calamari who would eat it if they called it fried battered squid rings! Also D the thought of a grown man in tights is making me reconsider our friendship.
A little bit of strange....Is better than a liitle bit of nothing....Be my friend....Please....
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote