Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Free Trade was a great idea that suddenly went sideways. Once some saw the possibilities it got pork barreled to death and we are now seeing the eventual end result. Few make millions and millions make nothing. I wonder how many miles to the bale my motorhome will get when I am forced to convert back to a basic 4 HP.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #44

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Free Trade was a great idea that suddenly went sideways. Once some saw the possibilities it got pork barreled to death and we are now seeing the eventual end result. Few make millions and millions make nothing. I wonder how many miles to the bale my motorhome will get when I am forced to convert back to a basic 4 HP.
Go to oxen or mules instead... they're better at living off whatever scrub they can find along the way, if the "Oregon Trail" pioneers are to be believed!

Old 02-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
The guy in the foreground right kinda looks like me with a mustache. Ain't that a scarey sight, especially the legs, OMG the legs are the same too! He hasta be on the same beer diet as me!!
Old 02-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Illinois is as bad off as California, actually even worse, because the outlook for California is beginning to improve while Illinois' is worsening. The pension mess has yet to be resolved and it's a biggie, something like 48% funded.
As a State employee this is an ax over my head. It ticks me off because the politicians raided the pension fund and didn't fund it and now the State employees are going to be the ones who are going to get screwed, along with the taxpayers.
One problem is that when you retire from the State of Illinois you can take another state job and receive your full pension and a full-time salary. It's called double-dipping and it's wrong. And, it's legal. This is the type of reform that needs to happen but the pols in Springfield are gridlocked and it's business as usual.
Done ranting.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #47

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
The guy in the foreground right kinda looks like me with a mustache. Ain't that a scarey sight, especially the legs, OMG the legs are the same too! He hasta be on the same beer diet as me!!
I'm ordinarily much too dignified to comment on such things as the evidence of Beer Consumption illustrated in the picture I posted...but since you bring it up: think you we're looking at the effect of Molson's or Bud?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
Western society cant continue with this farce called free trade. We give all our jobs to third world countries and then wonder why there is no money to support our system. The middle class has disappeared and they were the ones paying all the bills. Canada is the same as the USA in this regard. Who will buy all the goods if no one has a job. Big business has sold us out to the highest bidder. jmho.
Actually, they sold out to the lowest bidder. Off-shoring is about cheaper labor. One did it, and everyone else climbed on the wagon.
It was about competition. It got out of control.
So, what is the way out of the hole? We cant just keep digging!
Special interest money gets lots of attention from folks of power that have outstretched hands. And that tends to ensure status quo.
Far to go before we sleep.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:30 AM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCCRVr View Post
Always check your source, Arch Hoagland:

snopes.com: Melting Canadian Money

FALSE
My sources:
melting canadian money - Google Search

Bank Of Canada won’t discuss melting plastic bills, says national security behind silence | Canada | News | National Post

The Mystery Of The Melting Money: Bank of Canada mum on allegedly baked bills | Windsor Star

Looks like they are melting to me.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #50

When the tail starts wagging the dog, its time for a change. Greed downed communism and I dont think any political system is above reproach once greed is in charge. Oh well, they can always eat cake, eh.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Actually, they sold out to the lowest bidder. Off-shoring is about cheaper labor. One did it, and everyone else climbed on the wagon.
It was about competition. It got out of control.
So, what is the way out of the hole? We cant just keep digging!
Special interest money gets lots of attention from folks of power that have outstretched hands. And that tends to ensure status quo.
Far to go before we sleep.
There was plenty of warning, who spoke out against this before the gavel came down? Who wrote to their politicians? Who shops at Walmart? We get what we vote for. Money has power but voices also have power.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #52

Sure they can melt!
concerning allegations its new polymer bills melted in the scorching summer sun.
Soon after, Mona Billard of Cambridge, Ont., reported that she had returned eight plastic bills in January, after her son stashed his $800 Christmas bonus in a tin can and hid it near a baseboard heater.

Polymer crystallinity

Can the new polymer bills take the heat? - Canada - CBC News

Ms. Girard noted “no bill is indestructible,” but claimed “Canadian banknotes have been designed to ensure they can withstand the demanding weather.
To test durability, the banknotes were boiled, frozen and run through washing machines. A tumbling mechanism filled with coffee grinds, marbles, bolts and synthetic sweat was meant to simulate the effect of being left in a pocket.

"We put the notes in boiling water for over an hour and the notes retained their shape, size and properties, and could still be used as a means of payment," she says.

The bottom line? Polymer notes, like their paper counterparts, can't withstand every threat.

"The Bank of Canada cannot rule out that polymer notes may be damaged in certain extreme conditions," Girard acknowledges. Just as paper-based bills can burn, polymer notes can also be damaged by very high heat. But the emphasis is on "very high".

Perhaps the kid should have stored them in a pot of boiling water

I've not had one melt in my pocket or my wallet, but then again, they are not stored there for long I just wish they could make hundred dollar bills that don't disappear so fast!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
The fact that 2/3 of the world is now going polymer should not stop the conspiracy theorists in any way. The guy from the mint in Winterpeg did mention that the new plastic bills do outlast the old paper money so there would be a good chance of replacing the loonie and twoonie with bills just as the old paper bills were replaced with coins for the same reason, longevity. Now the million dollar question is, will the mint bring back the thousand dollar bill?
Old 02-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #54

Quote:
There was plenty of warning, who spoke out against this before the gavel came down? Who wrote to their politicians? Who shops at Walmart? We get what we vote for. Money has power but voices also have power.
BTW, those are not questions to answer, only to ponder.....
Old 02-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #55

Quote:
The fact that 2/3 of the world is now going polymer should not stop the conspiracy theorists in any way. The guy from the mint in Winterpeg did mention that the new plastic bills do outlast the old paper money so there would be a good chance of replacing the loonie and twoonie with bills just as the old paper bills were replaced with coins for the same reason, longevity. Now the million dollar question is, will the mint bring back the thousand dollar bill?
And the pennies.....?
Old 02-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
And the pennies.....?
Jeneece Endroff would sure like to have them stay. She's collected over a million dollars for Variety and also funded a home called Jeneece Place for families with children needed long term care in Victoria. For a very sick young lady one has to admire her work, tenacity and dedication.

THE JENEECE EDROFF SOCIETY - Official Website

Jeneece Place | Jeneece Place

Some benefactor has come up with the cash to send this dedicated young lady to the Mayo Clinic to get a much needed operation our supposed universal health care system up here in Canada will not supply.