Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #127
Monaco Owners Club
Of my days on the road I have flashed my lights to warn others of animals on the road, rocks, tire debris, an accident ahead, a cyclist, and kids playing close to the road. I have also flashed my lights to warn people of a policeman with radar ahead. It sometimes saves a knee jerk reaction for people to slam on their brakes in order to get down to speed and cause the guy speeding behind them to swerve around them. I have seen it happen and had to get out of the way. Just another point of view.

Dennis & Marcie & Hook The Jack Russell, 2001 HR Imperial 38wds 350 Cummins, 07 Chevy Trailblazer/Blue Ox/Ready Brake, 04 Dodge 3500 Cummins,
slickest1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #128
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by topdownman View Post
If the true intent of law enforcement on the highways was to slow people down, they wouldn't use unmarked vehicles. If you park a marked police vehicle on the shoulder, people will slow down. A blue Mustang? Perhaps not.
In fact many communities have parked a marked patrol car with a solar panal, a broken radar and officer Baloon (An inflatable baloon shaped like a man and dressed in a uniform) on the shoulder and accomplished just that.. In many cases the patrol care, like the radar, was disabled and had to be "parked" with the aid of a tow truck.

Works great, low cost. So your point is valid.

AAA has a number of cities (many in FL) underlined in RED on their maps... WHY... Well, figure it out and you won't need my comments.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #129
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ah yes! Benjamin Franklin The spy!

Even stegonagraphy goes back to ancient times.

Where do the limits end? What price is freedom? It is priceless in my book, and it needs to be protected by many different means.

While browsing, look up ECHELON Established around 2000.

And the most recent, PRISM Established around 2007.
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #130
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Ah yes! Benjamin Franklin The spy!

Even stegonagraphy goes back to ancient times.

Where do the limits end? What price is freedom? It is priceless in my book, and it needs to be protected by many different means.
Franklin's spying (still somewhat debatable), was against the French - not his own people. I take no issue with NSA, or any of the other three-letter agencies protecting our borders using every tool necessary - so long as they do not violate our founding principles. Even our president has acknowledged that what the NSA is doing "strikes a balance" between our privacy and our security. WRONG.

Another great quote attributed to Thomas Jefferson: "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

However, if government is able to superstitiously record all actions of its citizens, liberty is dead. Not only will people fear speaking out against government (i.e. targeted IRS retribution), but with their surveillance, the government would be able to stamp out any opposition before it ever got going. Think Revere could have rallied as he did against the British, if the British had this technology.

Watch this clip of Miss Alabama (the runner up to Miss America), and tell me that the founding fathers wouldn't be turning in their graves. Not just at her comment, but the crowd's reaction:

Miss Alabama on NSA Prism Scandal - YouTube
erkme73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #131
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ahh yes, flashing your headlights and Miss America.Throw in Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson the NSA and the IRS and this thread is right on topic.
dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #132
Ford Super Duty Owner
This is not a story that I read but I was a witness to this in Las Vegas. We were walking down the strip through the huge crowds and could hear this "Tuner" (very loud,fast lowered, bright, flashy foreign car) coming down the street at a high rate of speed. He came to a halt at the light and when it changed they again loudly performed for the on-lookers as they took off and sped down to the next light. From behind me I heard some guy saying, "Excuse me, please excuse sir, excuse me. I turned and noticed two cops on bicycles weaving their way through the crowd to the street in hot pursuit of the Tuner. At the next light they finally caught up to them, pulled them over and who knows what those poor guys got. It was obvious they could not escape in the Vegas traffic. We still laugh about it and I'm sure those people have not gotten over the fact that they, in their very fast Tuner got pulled over by two cops on bicycles.

TeJay (Tim) Auto Instructor 35 yrs (4-yrs USAF) Liz: RN/ WBGO 2014 Vista 30T/ F-53/ CHF/5-Star/Koni/Centramatics * Bella- Golden/Cocker mix & Louie-The cat / All Retired
TeJay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #133

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
In edit - never mind.

Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote