Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2016, 03:23 AM   #211

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcreek View Post
twinboat,

That sounds like a winner. Price is sure right. Have read on this subject some and always thought to be interesting. Just wondering did you pick the username' twinboat' because of the trawler you own? Just a interesting approach to wintering. Have fun!!
The name came from back when I got my first twin engine boat in the late 80s.

My trawler is a 1985, 35 ft single engine Volvo Penta diesel.

The boat is home to us and we have cruised the east coast for 5 years before doing some land cruising.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2016, 05:32 PM   #212

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Burrrrr from North Georgia this morning. 18 degrees F. Winterized to the max but I still need to fill my diesel tank up on MH with #1. My first winter having MH behind the house for the winter. I will have to observe any condensation that may occur inside the MH as to whether or not to put some heat on the very cold mornings or not. Have it under a nice shed, but won't protect from the temps. Any other things you may could add for me to watch for much appreciated. Thanks!!
I just caught what you said about diesel. Check your engine owners manual. Are you certain #1 can be used? Winter diesel at most reputable pumps is preconditioned at the station when the tanker delivers.

I hope you can stay warm. Don't forget to drip your faucet if it drops below freezing.

At the moment San Diego, CA is under a tornado watch.

Happy trails,
Rick Y

Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
jerichorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 06:51 PM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
I just caught what you said about diesel. Check your engine owners manual. Are you certain #1 can be used? Winter diesel at most reputable pumps is preconditioned at the station when the tanker delivers.

I hope you can stay warm. Don't forget to drip your faucet if it drops below freezing.

At the moment San Diego, CA is under a tornado watch.

Happy trails,
Rick Y
Thanks! I guess by your post you must be in or around the San Diego area. I saw on the news there are bad storms out that way. Be Safe!!
Old 01-07-2016, 08:24 AM   #214

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks! I guess by your post you must be in or around the San Diego area. I saw on the news there are bad storms out that way. Be Safe!!
A heavenly fire hose is blasting the rig as I write. This camp is all stick and no brick. Being safe is very relative. No ware to go but up. The good news is that the drought is being quenched.

Blessings and happy trails,

Rick Y
Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
Old 01-07-2016, 10:24 AM   #215

National RV Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
34 degrees and snowing lightly. Home is at 4200 ft in the San Diego county mountains. Rig is loaded leaving Saturday, weather permitting.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:05 PM   #216

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flagstaff.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	116053

My brother moved from the Phoenix area to Flagstaff about a year ago.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:11 AM   #217

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
Attachment 116053

My brother moved from the Phoenix area to Flagstaff about a year ago.
Frying pan to freezer!
Old 01-10-2016, 01:36 PM   #218

-18 this morning. Wind chill was -33. Tropical northern Minnesota.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:56 PM   #219

It got down in the 60s last night. It was too cold this morning for me to read my paper on the lanai.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:47 PM   #220

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Michigan and 14 this AM. I don't know what the wind chill was but frigid does not quite describe it.

Come on Spring!
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:02 AM   #221

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Official temp this AM here in Townsend, GA 30,, Measured here at the RV park 35. Folks around me are all bundled up like it's cold out, Complaing how they are Freezing (Well 30 is Freezing)

Me... Well I keep remembering one morning parking cars (or rather directing the drivers to parking) before the sun came up at an event that was advertised as "First in Michigan" (Meaning the first of the calendar year) The guy across the road in the nice heated room handling talk in (Lots of folks have 2-way radios) came onto the parking lot frequency and told us the wind chill factor at the moment.. -40... your choce of C or F at that temp... Now that.. Is COLD.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:07 AM   #222
Just south of Twin Cities

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
-10 this AM with a -28 wind chill.

We had a really warm Fall and early Winter and we all knew it was coming eventually. One more month and we're outa here.

2015 Ford Explorer Blue Ox tow bar, AF1
Cooperhawk is online now   Reply With Quote