Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2008, 08:06 AM   #15

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good old western mountain raised naturally fed beef are the best in my book. Find my best beef thru Albertsons and Smiths, sadly they are not in too many states.
MtManLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2008, 01:40 PM   #16

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oemtech:
Gents,

I have been in Kobe Japan and had Kobe beef.... It is probably the some of the best beef I ever had. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I had it in Okinawa while in the military. Yes, was some of the best beef that I've ever had also. But not at the price that want today. Was much cheaper back then. Fantastic flavor and melted in your mouth!
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:06 PM   #17

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have had imported Wagyu beef at the Seattle restaurant Metropolitan Grill, (albeit it not anywhere near 1 lb but at $140 for 8 oz). Kobe 'style' (raised in the Kobe fashion, but in the USA) beef is available at less cost than imported Kobe beef. I am not sure of any Wagyu-style USA raised beef.

I felt the Wagyu was much different and worth the experience "once" on my own dime, but even the Metropolitan Grill's price was nowhere near the Costco price, it was just a few months ago that I had it and in Seattle (Costco's home turf). Maybe Costco is hoping to cover some of it's executive bonuses.
Ceratto's Grotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:31 AM   #18

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
It's hard enough for me to eat beef anyway since I'm such an animal lover, but there's no way I could put a bite of Kobe beef in my mouth. If you don't know how this meat is produced read this:

http://www.chicagofoodies.com/...kobe-beef-and-c.html

Then see if you still want a bite . . .
Old 12-23-2008, 12:29 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
I could come up with any number of questionable food practices that would probably turn you away from eat any number of products as I worked for Wilson's Meat Packers.

Bottom line... to each his own!
Old 12-23-2008, 12:42 PM   #20
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I agree.

To each his own.

I would still like to taste some Kobe Beef.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:57 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We visited a Kobe beef farm in Japan. The cattle we saw were treated very well, much better that the cattle raised in feed lots here.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:47 AM   #22

There is no difference between this and paying $4.00 for a cup of coffee. When you have money to burn then some people will burn it. Others will save it. It is part of the "right now" generation. One of the richest men in America "brown bagged" his lunch every day. That did not make him a miser. He spent his money on other things that he considered more important. Maybe selective spending was how he got so rich??
Glen41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">One of the richest men in America "brown bagged" his lunch every day . That did not make him a miser. He spent his money on other things that he considered more important. Maybe selective spending was how he got so rich?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There was more to it than that. I tried that approach for years and it didn't work for me.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote