Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2015, 09:18 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
We never really had a recovery. The news people love this president and have covered for him. There are more people unemployed in this country than ever in history. The jobs that are being filled are low level, low paying jobs. The worst is yet to come.
Looks like we had a pretty good recovery, actually:

When "this president" took office on Jan. 20, 2009, the Dow Jones was at 7,949.09.

As to jobs, here's a reference for you:

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/01/oba...y-2015-update/

The economy has now gained nearly five times more jobs under "this president" than it did during the presidency of George W. Bush, and the unemployment rate has dropped to just below the historical average.

Certainly there are areas where improvement are needed, but it isn't as cataclysmic as may be suggested. As a journalism major and editor-in-chief of the university paper, I'm guessing it depends as to where you get your news that influences opinions.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2015, 09:24 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
We never really had a recovery. The news people love this president and have covered for him. There are more people unemployed in this country than ever in history. The jobs that are being filled are low level, low paying jobs. The worst is yet to come.
This is what no recovery looks like. Fortunes have been made during this administration. Like it or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1440429837889.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	104515  
Old 08-24-2015, 10:23 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Let's steer away from politics please.

Thank you
2024 Ford Expedition
Old 08-24-2015, 11:42 AM   #18

Isn't this an RV site? Flag an Pago, your facts are accurate, however people, or should I say puppets, no longer care about facts. Let's get back to talking about RVs and why we love them.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:25 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post
Let's get back to talking about RVs and why we love them.
Which is not the subject of this thread...
Old 08-24-2015, 02:03 PM   #20

I'm not putting much thought in to it at this point and plan on riding it out. I'll continue my normal investing and hope I'm buying as much at the bottom as possible.
The fed is out of bullets and the national debt doubled in 6 years. Something had to give. It'll fix itself or crash to ground. A fix works out in my favor if I hold and buy, a crash screws us all.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:16 PM   #21

We need another war.

NOT!
Old 08-24-2015, 02:45 PM   #22

"on the verge of collapse?"

Of course it is! It always is; it's just a matter of timing................

Tom
Old 08-24-2015, 07:37 PM   #23

Don't worry, be happy! Remember that? It fits this weeks financial news, since there is absolutely nothing you can do to rectify the situation.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 08-24-2015, 08:34 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
With the Canadian Dollar dropping like it is it makes it harder to cross the border. That is how it affects this Rver!!
Old 08-24-2015, 08:45 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Being retired, I follow all this way too closely! When all is said and done, we were overdue for a market correction. Stocks had recovered way too quickly (20.1% average per year) and were a bit overpriced. However, if you look at charts over the past several decades, you'll see ups and downs, but the overall trend has been up. Keep in mind you haven't lost a dime until you sell and lock in your loss!
Old 08-24-2015, 08:55 PM   #26

This might be a clue. I have attended approximately 8 FMCA international conferences. I know that at some of these there were upwards of 4500 to 5500 coaches in attendance and many vendors selling various accessories for motorhomes. At the recent FMCA International in Madison, Wisconsin only 1300 coaches showed up. Plus, the selection of vendors dealing with motorhome equipment, accessories was way down. Camping World, a usual vendor that was often located right in the middle of all the exhibitors wasn't there. It certainly didn't feel like the good ole days.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:00 AM   #27

I own an employment website. Over the past 16 years the site has been a reasonably accurate indicator of what lies about 6 months ahead for the economy based on hiring practices nationwide. We are down approximately 20% year to date. Even with adjusting for seasonal fluctuations, we haven't seen numbers like these since 2008 - 2009. In fact, it's about 3% more unfavorable compared to that period.

Hoping it is wrong, but a review of the past performance compared to the economy at any given time over the past 16 years demonstrates reasonably accurate forecasts.

Now, if I could just prove the concept and sell those metrics 6 months in advance, we would all make a fortune - ha ha.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:21 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Personally, I'd like to see the love affair with all things China come to an end. Maybe some good will come out of this. CHINA IS NOT OUR FRIEND! There is way too much dependence on global economies these days. Wall Street needs to scale it back.
China has a lot of growing up to do before it can be a true player IMO.
Closed Thread