Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpro
god know I am doing my part to close them up.
You close Walmart and you will devastate every mom and pop store located in walmarts vicinity. We have 4 times the mom and pop stores and strip malls then we used to have before Walmart came to town and drew people in from all over the region. Prior to them coming in everyone would go 150 miles to a much larger town to exercise their right to choice at fair prices. Walmart has significantly added to the tax rolls and local economy and provided insurance and a livable wage to the blue collar associates that had nothing with the mom and pop stores. Not to mention all their yearly donations to the local charities and civic groups that the mom and pop stores would snub their noses at because it cut into their ridiculous profit margin.

Their is nothing more American than freedom and the right to choose, yet there are those arguing their choice is the only choice (humm). I would suggest those folks shop elsewhere then. That would help us both as I would have a shorter wait in line at the Walmart!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #142

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
We complain about Walmart but we shop there. We complain about the loss of jobs in America but we buy American flags made in China. We complain about our government but we don't exercise our right to vote. I don't see the problem. Maybe it's in the mirror but we refuse to look.
1. Don't shop Walmart
2. Don't buy Chinese made American Flags! Local flag maker packed up and moved its operations to Mexico?
3. I do vote for what its worth, but it seems that who I vote for and out of the field of the electable they are worthless anyway, but I still vote.
And yes I can look in the mirror and say that I try to be a good honest tried and true American!
I won't buy HERSHEY products since they closed the local candy plant (which by the way made my favorite candy bar!) and moved operations to Mexico. Have you checked the size of a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup lately, which by the way comes from Mexico! It's now about the size of a quarter!
All candy purchased is from the locals.
I really do take the time to shop American but in some cases you just have to bend over and buy what you don't like.
When are the Politicians and the great American Public going to say , enough is enough and make America No#1 again! Stop bending over for foreign governments and trade?
Global Economy,,, my tail!
Sorry for the rant but thats my thoughts and WalMart mentality don't help!

Old 02-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #143

I do not shop at Wallmart. I try only to support companies that employ union workers and pay a living wage while offering benefits to their employees. Yes they charge more but at least the employees there do not have to go to the county hospital for service if they get sick. I do not support greed while taking advantage of employees to maximise profit. I also have never parked overnight in a wallmart parking lot. I pay to go to a campground.
-Paul R. Haller-
Old 02-14-2012, 05:17 PM   #144

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul R. Haller View Post
I do not shop at Wallmart. I try only to support companies that employ union workers and pay a living wage while offering benefits to their employees. Yes they charge more but at least the employees there do not have to go to the county hospital for service if they get sick. I do not support greed while taking advantage of employees to maximise profit. I also have never parked overnight in a wallmart parking lot. I pay to go to a campground.
-Paul R. Haller-

I do shop at Wal Mart,and I live in Texas we believe here in right to work with out pressure from over paid Union bosses,and we have Benefits too with out paying to Union and we don't have many county Hospitals left,but do have many non profit Hospital and we do not support greed either,nor do we support employees taking advantage of employers who take the risk to hire people as my self,and I spent plenty at Wal Marts over the years and will Park with their permission and rest to save a Buck!Oh yes i like State Parks and Corp parks cause they are $20 or less!How do you think I was able to buy this over Priced RV?
Old 02-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #145

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
How do you think I was able to buy this over Priced RV?
I got mine because I worked a well paid Union job and for a great company that provided me with a pension!
A company that paid a real living wages, great benefits and a place where everyone was family. The place was great until the Government stuck their nose in it!
Old 02-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by RovinOn View Post
1. Don't shop Walmart
2. Don't buy Chinese made American Flags! Local flag maker packed up and moved its operations to Mexico?
3. I do vote for what its worth, but it seems that who I vote for and out of the field of the electable they are worthless anyway, but I still vote.
And yes I can look in the mirror and say that I try to be a good honest tried and true American!
I won't buy HERSHEY products since they closed the local candy plant (which by the way made my favorite candy bar!) and moved operations to Mexico. Have you checked the size of a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup lately, which by the way comes from Mexico! It's now about the size of a quarter!
All candy purchased is from the locals.
I really do take the time to shop American but in some cases you just have to bend over and buy what you don't like.
When are the Politicians and the great American Public going to say , enough is enough and make America No#1 again! Stop bending over for foreign governments and trade?
Global Economy,,, my tail!
Sorry for the rant but thats my thoughts and WalMart mentality don't help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul R. Haller View Post
-Paul R. Haller-
Quote:
Originally Posted by RovinOn View Post
I got mine because I worked a well paid Union job and for a great company that provided me with a pension!
A company that paid a real living wages, great benefits and a place where everyone was family. The place was great until the Government stuck thier nose in it-
Thank you
Old 02-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #147

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My pleasure!
America better wake up or some of the good folks here aren't going to be able to afford their favorite pastimes! Middle class America is getting its throat cut and slowly bleeding away,,,very sad!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #148

Monaco Owners Club
Getting told that if my husband parks my PT Cruiser at a Ford plant not to be surprized if it's turned upside down or scratched or ruined in anyway and there would be nothing to be done. Even with camaras all over the place there would be no evidence about it.
That is union mentality? Really? My hard earned money getting thrown out the window cause of some bully mentality? I spend my money where and when I choose. That is my right or at least I thought we were still in somewhat of a democracy.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #149

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Getting told that if my husband parks my PT Cruiser at a Ford plant not to be surprized if it's turned upside down or scratched or ruined in anyway and there would be nothing to be done. Even with camaras all over the place there would be no evidence about it.
That is union mentality
Not all good Union people are that simple minded. Sorry to hear that...
Old 02-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #150

Monaco Owners Club
Most of my working life I belonged to a union. Two different unions due to job change. I appreciate the wages I got and the part pension I receive. With corruption within the ranks they don't have the right to tell me where to spend my dollars or whom to vote for. I have had to walk off a job in support of other groups only to be let down by the same group when we needed support. I have seen this time and time again. There are alot of hardworking union people out there that share a common goal and I applaud them. But there is also a bunch of fanatics that use unions to keep their job that give the rest a bad name.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #151

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
But there is also a bunch of fanatics that use unions to keep their job that give the rest a bad name.
Exactly!
Old 02-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #152

Newmar Owners Club
Please Folks,

We're getting off track. The topic is about Walmart and how it's affecting America. It's the OP's post we want to discuss.

Thanks for you understanding.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #153
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay View Post
Please Folks,

We're getting off track. The topic is about Walmart and how it's affecting America. It's the OP's post we want to discuss.

Thanks for you understanding.
I think we are still in the spirit of my original question. Walmart is just a representation of the decline in America. No longer do we strive for quality and craftsmanship. We want instant gratification at a bargain price. Everyone feels entitled but does not want to put in the effort our forefathers did.

We are abandoning our roots... But then others may argue we are evolving.

Personally I miss my home town with the hitching post. I live in the mountains and y closest neighbor id a 1/4 mile away. But if I need anything I can count on them. If they need som earth moved they call and have a six pack ready for me.

Unions are part of our history and have done good as well as become too powerful and abusive at times.

I don't know what the answer is but I appreciate everyones perspectives.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
Old 02-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #154

Newmar Owners Club
I found this article this morning. Walmart Wins with a Back-to-Basics Approach.

Closed Thread