Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #477

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesgr81 View Post

For better or worse you can see here at the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach the thousands of containers arrive each week. You can see them head down the road to the WalMart warehouses. Yet I don't see much except empty containers, except for a few stolen cars, going the other way.

If your interested check out the stats PortofLA
WOW-I doubt if all of the thousands of containers ALL go to walmart that being said look at all the high paying jobs them containers created Longshoreman,teamsters just to name a few. You all can blame anybody you want to, the bottom line is the GOVERMENT has passed the laws and letting all this happen, your congressmen aren't losing any sleep or money over all this in fact most a millionaires X2!(money made while being a public servant) I hope this isn't to political to get banned-Just stating the facts,
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #478

Read here about all the satisfied WalMart employees
Walmart Strike Memo Reveals Confidential Management Plans
Old 10-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #479
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by henderson View Post
Read here about all the satisfied WalMart employees
Walmart Strike Memo Reveals Confidential Management Plans
I believe any large corporation has a certain percentage of disgruntled employees. It will be interesting to see what happens if they ever successfully organize in the future.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #480

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Maybe WalMart is "killing" China?

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #481

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought the goal of our federal government starting with the first President Bush was to make our economy a "global economy", and our U.S. economy was to be focused on "financial services".
I remember reading that in the newspaper, and thinking that was crazy.
How can the worlds economic superpower remain the economic superpower if all we do is service financial investments?
How can we remain an economic super power if we're always in debt?
I'm telling you, the Bank of International Settlements is driving the global economy, and they do not care about keeping the U.S. as the economic leader. China will do just fine for them.
Ask your Senator about it, and I bet you get no response. They don't know what to do about it, and since they let this happen over many years, thinking there would be a better outcome for the U.S., they're just hoping things will get better, and we will all return to complacency.
I don't think it's the result of a conspiracy, just the result of incompetence.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #482

With Walmart working in a global economy...
Could you say it really started with G.A.T.T.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #483

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I believe any large corporation has a certain percentage of disgruntled employees. It will be interesting to see what happens if they ever successfully organize in the future.
Among the hourly worker I would thing that percentage would be a rather large percentage. Our youngest sons first job was with WalMart as an hourly associate he would regale us nightly with tales of disgruntled employees up into the assistant manager ranks. Not a pretty picture.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #484

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by henderson View Post
Among the hourly worker I would thing that percentage would be a rather large percentage. Our youngest sons first job was with WalMart as an hourly associate he would regale us nightly with tales of disgruntled employees up into the assistant manager ranks. Not a pretty picture.
I read in one of the previous post's that Walmart locks their employees in the store and makes em work overtime, don't provide health insurance etc. just TERREABLE working conditions with very low pay. All that being said and taken by many as the truth, well personally I would not allow my son or any member of my family work there! A person would be better off becoming one of the 47% and live off the govt. like the young man down the street with the bad back that can't continue at his job,his life and activity's have not changed just don't have to work.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #485

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwhit View Post
I read in one of the previous post's that Walmart locks their employees in the store and makes em work overtime, don't provide health insurance etc. just TERREABLE working conditions with very low pay. All that being said and taken by many as the truth, well I would not allow my son or any member of my family work there! A person would be better off becoming one of the 47% and live off the govt. like the young man down the street with the bad back that can't continue at his job,his life and activity's have not changed just don't have to work.
WELCOME TO 1945
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Closed Thread