Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2010, 08:13 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Cool It could never happen

While on a RV road trip, an elderly couple stopped at a roadside restaurant for lunch. After finishing their meal, they left the restaurant, and resumed their trip. When leaving, the elderly woman unknowingly left her glasses on the table, and she didn't miss them until they had been driving for about forty minutes. By then, to add to the aggravation, they had to travel quite a distance before they could find a place to turn around, in order to return to the restaurant to retrieve her glasses.

All the way back, the elderly husband became the classic grouchy old man. He fussed and complained, and he scolded his wife relentlessly during the entire return drive. The more he chided her, the more agitated he became. He just wouldn't let up for a single minute. To her relief, they finally arrived at the restaurant.

As the woman got out of the motorhome, and hurried inside to retrieve her glasses, the old geezer yelled to her. "While you're in there, you might as well get my hat and the credit card."
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Dang .. my wife promised not to tell on me
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:45 PM   #3
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Not funny. It was me that left the credit card, and 40 miles later remembered it. The glasses were on my wife's head.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:28 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Not funny. It was me that left the credit card, and 40 miles later remembered it. The glasses were on my wife's head.
How were you able to get a credit card? Second question, was it your glasses or her glasses on her head?
Old 05-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #5

My wife's credit card was stolen last Christmas, but I haven't turned it in yet, because the thief spends a lots less than she had been spending.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #6

Haha! Lindsay I like your joke best!
oldrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #7

Joke???
Old 06-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #8
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well Jim, I went through some trash in Elkhart, TX and found a CC number that I have been using. It's been working very well, thank you. You do check your account occasionally don't you. Please raise your limit. An Essex is on order.

And just to stay on topic, I really did have to drive 40 miles to retrieve my credit card. When I walked into the service station, the lady said, "Did you forget something?" There was a smirk on her face. When I got back to the MH, there was a smirk on Earlene's face. It took another 40 miles to change the subject.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Well Jim, I went through some trash in Elkhart, TX and found a CC number that I have been using. It's been working very well, thank you. You do check your account occasionally don't you. Please raise your limit. An Essex is on order.

And just to stay on topic, I really did have to drive 40 miles to retrieve my credit card. When I walked into the service station, the lady said, "Did you forget something?" There was a smirk on her face. When I got back to the MH, there was a smirk on Earlene's face. It took another 40 miles to change the subject.
Wayne, don't think that you've heard the last of that one. It will resurface at some un-opportune time in the future.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for both the laugh and a memory.. Thought not quite that one.

Your post reminded me of a trip we took up north.. We stopped in Topnabee michigan (As best I can spell it) and my daughter, who was a very small child back then, left a favorite toy behind.

On the way back south we stopped in again.. They were holding it for her.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #11
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Jim & BJ,
Is Earlene your sister by any chance. You seem to know her well. Yes, it has come up in conversation occasionally, and it seems to be when chatting with some one else. But that's okay, because pay backs are a devil, and I have some things on her that I tell when around a group.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:20 AM   #12

Hahahaha!!! I hope I don't get like that one day