Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
It is time to be Thankful...

Good Afternoon to all my RV Friends...

I just put the bird in the oven after spending the morning singing at a memorial service for a lovely young man that was taken way too soon....

As I drove home, I realized how lucky we all are. We have the best of all worlds. Some of us have a stick and brick home in addition to the rolling home but some of us have just the house on wheels...but whatever we have...we have the most wonderful lives. We have the best friends here and I say that you are all the best of friends.... You offer help whenever I need it and support always.

I sang this morning..."It Is Well With My Soul".... The young man's family needed to hear that. And as I drove home I also realized that it is truly well with my soul to have this life-style and good friends like y'all.

Our best wishes on this Thanksgiving and our thanks for every one of you...

Faith, Bob and the Pups....

Faith and Bob, Bitsy the Papillon and Bosco the Chi-weenie....RIP Truffles
2005 Revolution LE - 2008 Honda CRV Toad
Northern Massachusetts and the rest of the Country.
fansill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
This was copied from my DW (Selah2) post on the Tiffin Network. There is nothing I could add the this.

"Sitting here at Red Bay, entering our third day as full timers, we have many things to be grateful for. We have a lovely home on wheels, when many have no home at all. We have our health, when many are suffering with health issues. We have food and financial security when many have neither. We are loved when many are estranged from loved ones.
But most of all, I am grateful for the freedom to speak without fear of reprisal and the freedom
to travel this land without fear of war on our American land. Thank you to all that have given their lives, to those that were willing to give their lives and to those that are protecting us now, to give us our freedoms."

Paul, Kathy, and Tux a 4 month Mini Schnauzer
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42 LH, 2013 Honda CRV
"When the time comes to look back, make sure you'll like what you see"
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We do have so much to be thankful for! I am so blessed to be part of this wonderful group of people on IRV2! I haven't been able to meet many of you personally yet, but looking forward to that!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #4

Just finished a nice steak from the grill, baked potato, salad, and corn on the cob. Dressing and bird will be for Christmas.

Happy TG.
competitive shooter RVer
2006 Gulfstream Friendship G7 8411 400HP Cum.
RM Sterling/'07 Chevy Colorado CrewCab 4x4
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
iRV2 No Limits Club
I am thankful every day in my prayers, for living this lifestyle, not just on Thanksgiving. If I should be called home tomorrow, I would thank the Lord for the time He allowed me to see this country and meet such great people. WOW what a trip it has been so far.

Of course, the things that I am thankful for is long, but the above is very high on my list.
Camping Rig: 2006 Outback 27 RSDS--
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
Full time since June 2006
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #6
Tiffin Owners Club
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
I am thankful every day in my prayers, for living this lifestyle, not just on Thanksgiving. If I should be called home tomorrow, I would thank the Lord for the time He allowed me to see this country and meet such great people. WOW what a trip it has been so far.

Of course, the things that I am thankful for is long, but the above is very high on my list.
Well said! Amen.
Warren and Debbie
2014 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 32BR
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #7

Pure joy

Take a few minutes and write down the things in your life that bring you pure joy (e.g. kids, grandkids, travel, an awesome spouse, etc.). Then write down the things that just tear you up or ruin your day.

You now know that you are truly blessed when you compare the length of each list.

Spend more time in pondering the longest list.

Thanx to all of you for lengthening my list of good things in my life.
2011 Coachmen SportsCoach
Living Our Dream One Mile at a Time
Steve & Mary Ann (RVM5 & 5A)
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #8
There is a lot to be thankful for. I truly believe in the good of human spirit. This is why when I hit a low (and some of them have been doozies). That their is always an upside, an equilibrium. Some day we'll evolve to the Utopian society that people like a certain gent who had a dream, or another rather loud man had when he put forth into this world a fictional universe that resulted in having Picard trump Kirk. (I should support Kirk his actor is Canadien after all, not a typo for him.) Someday we'll all work for the betterment of man kind. When the entire world is "developed" which is fully possible and we value culture (put an emphasis on Science & Arts) we will all be happier. Just think the return of conductors on buses, trolly ladies handing out lunch to all the hard workers, sidewalk sweepers who have time to chat to a lonely ole' man, lots of farmers making food for the world, artists painting wonderful murals all over buildings and in hallways of the institutions of society, perfectly manicured lawns everywhere, lots of buskers who are just performing for performing sake, unlimited budgets to novelists and movie/television producers. People employed to scan all the books and archives (including translating) for all those archives, public, corporate and private, so we will never lose another thought or idea to the ravages of time, people painstakingly restoring all recorded film and audio to crystal clear clarity, then another bunch of people colourizing and researching to assure accuracy B&W photos and film. Giving us a choice of seeing the original b&w for posterity as well as a colourized version so we can all see history is not just black and white. I know a very long sentence but just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm thankful for many things, including the future yet to appear. Whoops there it is. There it is again, and again.

FREG/P under 45', over 300 hp under 600 lb ft torque.
OrngTrillium is offline   Reply With Quote