Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Its in the new BLOG NOW

Ok people,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Listen up.........
Some of you have said ''Seajay, you need to write a book. I'd but the first copy''
Some of you have said ''Seajay, you should get your stories all in one place so I can find them easy''
Several of you have said ''Seajay, you should try to write somehting worth reading''
And a few of you have said ''Seajay, you stink as a writer and should go back to farming''

Well guys and gals and all you little kids in the front row..... I HAVE STARTED A NEW BLOG and I have gone back and coppied and pasted about all the original posts that I have posted on IRV2. They are not in any particular order but you can look on the right at the ''list'' click on what you think you will like, and it will ''pop'' up on your screen. Some are old from when I first came on IRV2, some are sea stories and some are the dieing truth as I remember it. Anyhow. Here it is and you are welcome to go read and if you do .... LEAVE A COMMENT, GOOD OR BAD, it dont matter I would love to know what you think either way. Bookmark the spot and I will be updateing it from time to time and when I do update I will put a note on the end of my post on here saying ''UPDATED BLOG'' and you can go look if you like ....
the address is
My Life as I remember it and other boaring stuff
HAVE FUN and let me know what you think ....

Seajay the sailor man...
ps. over under the pix of my dogs there is a blog entries to my old blog and there are 8 stories in it and about 300 in the new blog.....
God bless our troops...........

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2011, 11:50 PM   #2

Thanks SeaJay, I've gotter earmarked. You know, there are publishing companies out there that will publish what you bring them for your own private use as you see fit. You may give them away, sell them, whatever you wish. I have an old friend that collected all his stories and experiences, had them published, and sold them for $10 ea.; which is what it cost to print and bind.
Reading your "stuff" has kept me up to the wee hours of the morning (three bells for you)many times. Thanks again!

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:22 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Seajay, Mark Twain has nothing on you (except maybe grammar, spelling and sentence structure LOL) I read the post I was born ugly, then I looked at you and Willas picture, don't ever get her lasik surgery because age hasn't improved on you baby photos Good Job keep pounding those keys. Mike
Old 08-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #4

I just looked at your picture with Willa. You are correct ......

My first impression...............

You WON..........
But what could you expect from an Ole Naval codger.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #5

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Wow! Thanks SeaJay and thanks to Katy O'Neal! Brings back memories that were very faint and now seem like last night! But more so, Thank you Willa for saving that ole dog in Walmart, if not for you we may not be reading these wonderful stories.
Ron
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
It's late and I'm heading to bed, but I'll give that all a read tomorrow!
Old 08-23-2011, 12:54 AM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Hilarious! Laughed so hard I cried and other watery things.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Well that was totally not fair....

I read the trip to alaskapost on my android mobile while eating nachos supreme for lunch and drinking a really big margarita...

And when I tried to comment it demanded I sign into google, and I coujldn't remember my password!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #9

Seajay,

I'm glad you've put your "sea stories" in one place. Now I know where I can go when I need a chuckle or two. I love your sense of humor!

liz
Old 08-23-2011, 05:20 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
i would like everyone to know that my Blog with most of my posting off of IRV2 are TRUE TO MY MEMORY. You guys should remember that I was in the Navy from late 1958 until 1962 and I am now 71 years old and to be honest, things can get a little foggy over that many years. I will say this THEY ARE TRUE AS I REMEMBER THEM because they burned into my mind as they happened. Virtually all of them were FIRST PERSON, FIRST TIME EXPERIENCES and they really stuck in my mind. I want everyone to understand that they may be ''slightly embellished'' to a point for more fun reading but they are all based on truth as I remember them.
The story of Katy O'neal does not contain all the personal stuff because it would not be worthy of print here on IRV2 and I would guarantee it would not pass the sensors if I had put in all the '' good parts ''......lol..... That was one of those things that happens to a man ''once in his life'' and you remember it the rest of your life like watching a movie in your mind. No, it was not my ''first time'' but it was my ''first time'' with a lady that really knew how to please a man and how to show a man how to really ''please her'' and NO she was not a ''lady of the evening'' as it were, she was just a lady that I happened to strike her fancy for some reason and I thank the good Lord for that experience ..... Nuff said on this because I would guess someone is reaching for his ''delete'' button.....
The other sea stories are from the Uss North Hampton CLC1 while I served aboard her for about 30 months and my service in Cheltenham MD while on shore duty. I am sure more will come back to me as I sit and think about my service to this nation in the Navy.
All of you should remember that others have posted in the ''Sea Stories'' and a lot of them are really good reading.
I hope everyone will go to my blog and enjoy the stories. One word of caution...... If you read a post and you see (cough cough) in the text or at the end of the post ........ IT IS WRITTEN FOR SATIRE..... It is from a real happening but I have highly embellished it to a point of satire and that is the way it is meant. It is for ENTERTAINMENT and should be taken as such.
Again, I invite everyone to go look, and read, and enjoy my blog at
My Life as I remember it and other boaring stuff and please leave a comment so I will know you were there.......

Remember this ..... A veteran put his life on the line to guarantee our freedom of speech. When you see a veteran always say thanks for your service.......
Old 08-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #11
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh! No! Another four hours on the computer. I'll never get the dishes done, or the housework completed. DW is not going to like you much.....hee hee, but i will.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #12
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm going to have to pause. This is going to take more than 4 hours.

Remember, I read real slow, and I have to convert the big words to small words of 4 letters each so I can understand them.

Shux!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #13

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M
I'm going to have to pause. This is going to take more than 4 hours.

Remember, I read real slow, and I have to convert the big words to small words of 4 letters each so I can understand them.

Shux!
I found this site to help the old people in the group, oh wait that everyone but me
http://www.macmillandictionary.com/t...for-old-people

This one is for those that may not understand the "boat people" terms used in some of the stories
http://www.history.navy.mil/trivia/trivia03.htm

Got to spend a few months with some Navy folks in Haiti(98)

Just trying to help out, no jibs, jabs or pokes (cough)
Ron
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:18 PM   #14

Thanks SeaJay. Fair wins and trailing seas.