Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #1

Jack Russell Terrier - Man what a fiesty dog

We bought one and man these things have energy.

One thing that makes me scratch my head, even in the rain and cold, the dog refuses to get in her doghouse to stay dry / warm.

What is that dog thinking?
drakethib is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
KAS

Most likely she is afraid she might miss something interesting.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #3

Yup, these Guys are 'wired' from the moment of birth. Never met a dog that could equal them for pure pent up energy. Get used to it, nothing will ever change.
fredaevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Terriers

We adopted a stray terrier mix puppy and the energy level is almost hard to witness. He's 11 pounds of dynamite in a small package and has a mind of his own. I think they should call this breed(?) terrorists not terriers. Gets into any cramped place and will chew anything including us if we are not carefull. Loves to go in the car and is sure to have fun in the bus when we hit the road again.

I'm sure he knows he finally has a good home now that he is off the street.
chuydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Tried to adopt one from an adoption showing at Petco last year. Their comment was "If you are in an RV you don't want a Jack Russell". They do seem a little hyper. We ended up getting a Golden Retriever. We poke her once in awhile; if she moves we assume she is still alive. Definitely opposite ends of the spectrum.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
what makes you think it is warm in the dog house---Jack Russels are not dumb, he/she want in.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
My Jeepin' companion is only 1/4 Jack Russell, at 10 years old he's slowing down, . . . . . . a little.
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
what makes you think it is warm in the dog house---Jack Russels are not dumb, he/she want in.
Well we have some blankets in there, and it is not in raining inside the doghouse.

Beats here just curling up in the grass which is what she seems to prefer for some reason.

You got me dude. I am stumped.
drakethib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We have a Schnauzer, and I often think he received more "terrier" than my last one did. This little guy is dead set in the waterbed, and in the MH he likes his doggie sofa on the dash. He is too friendly at times, but is learning to bark instead of just RUN FAST to the door. We notice his hearing is the best as he can hear a new car pull up across the street and thinks he's getting a visitor. We know he understands the English language, but there's something that prevents him from obeying when it comes time to go. He has to run fifty more times and bark 100 more before he will get in the house.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
We have a 12 year old Jack Russell Terrorist. He runs around like he did when he was a pup. And what is this about sleeping next to you. It's like laying next to a sand bag, If you move, he moves too. But he is a great little companion, and a ferocious mouser. I never worry about critters in the MH with him around.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Just look at my signature Actually mine are layed back for Jacks, but they do have their moments.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #12

My sister-m-law had one. It didn't like my husband or anyone she found out after she was telling her lab colleagues about her dogs unusual self inflicted demise.
sadiebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
We have 2, a 10 year old female and a 8 year old male. The first one was full of energy and someone supposedly in the know told us to get another and they will wear each other down. BS, twice the trouble!! One hates people and the other hates animals. They are great companions and will keep them to the end. You want to see a frenzy, take them into a building where there may be rats or mice. They are vermin killers for sure.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Many folks think Terriers are .. Well Terrors.. Jack Russel .. That's the Terrier of Terriers..

That said, I've never felt that way about Terriers.

Now, snotty nosed neighborhood brats (the 2 legged kind) who will torment a nice kind loving animal till it attacks..... Those I believe in.

Adults who will teach a dog to be vicious.. Likewise.

But the That's a topic for another thread.