Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Joyriding

Some times, we just like to put a little food in the fridge, take a bottle of wine, and take off in the RV overnight. We will drive till we can park somewhere and just set up for the night. We cook some food, have a little wine, and watch some tv. Next morning we get up make some breakfast, clean up and go back home. We are usually back home late afternoon.

So are we nuts? We spend a lot in fuel ding the same thing we could do in a car and hotel room, but it just seems like fun, even if we stay the night at a rest stop or a truck stop. Truck stops are usually more fun, lots going on, and some good greasy food.

Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Heck, we go stay in ours in the barn here at home sometimes. I'll go and grab a beer and sit in mine and watch the game or listen to some music or read a book. If I'm not camping, I'm pretending to camp. If I ever get to retire, maybe I'll get bored with it, but for now, I can't get enough.

Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
AC went out in the S&Bs last week. Put the MH in the driveway, wired a 50 amp breaker into the garage, and we camped at home for almost a week till the repair guy got all the parts.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
AC went out in the S&Bs last week. Put the MH in the driveway, wired a 50 amp breaker into the garage, and we camped at home for almost a week till the repair guy got all the parts.

Built a 30 X50 insulated with 14x14 door,best thing we have done been here 30 years MH has been used here many times!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
When mine is parked at the S&B, we call it "The Guest Cottage". Had friends stay in it lots of times.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:14 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Overnight outings

DW out of commission for awhile. So I have discovered new use for our "A" parked next to house. Most fantastic Man Cave! Betting as she mends we will do exactly the same thing until she gets doc ok to resume normal life.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Some times, we just like to put a little food in the fridge, take a bottle of wine, and take off in the RV overnight. We will drive till we can park somewhere and just set up for the night. (...SNIP)

So are we nuts? We spend a lot in fuel ding the same thing we could do in a car and hotel room, but it just seems like fun, even if we stay the night at a rest stop or a truck stop. Truck stops are usually more fun, lots going on, and some good greasy food.
Several years ago when I was flying Sandee and I would jump in the plane and fly to some of the local airport restaurant for the $40 hamburger. LOL Hey, we get these things to use them and as long as we don't wreck our financial security, Why not be NUTS? I think you and your wife are just living life in a way that others might envy but that is their problem. Keep on having fun!
Old 06-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #8

We do this as well - going to a KOA 40 miles from the house this weekend for some R & R with grandson. Lots of amenities and we just enjoy feeling like we are on vacation for a brief period. Plus we can get up and still be local enough to attend our own church, have lunch, and head back home. This will do until we can retire and MH semi-full time. Love the RV lifestyle.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Some times, we just like to put a little food in the fridge, take a bottle of wine, and take off in the RV overnight. We will drive till we can park somewhere and just set up for the night. We cook some food, have a little wine, and watch some tv. Next morning we get up make some breakfast, clean up and go back home. We are usually back home late afternoon.

Who cares, if you're having fun I say keep on having fun!