Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2018, 03:29 AM   #15

Thanks guys! Now that we've finished our remodel of the RV, we anxious to get on the road. We have a LOT to learn!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2018, 05:22 AM   #16

WE see lots of Class C coaches. Our close friends drive and love their class C. Find the one that fits your needs best, and don't look back.
txcpl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:46 AM   #17

Just curious about Class C's

I miss my class C Tioga. I have a Class A Fleetwood Flair now. I miss that overcab bed with the window that gave me an above the roof view. Wish I had my class C back, I also miss the full bathroom. One problem with the class C's is they lack the full bedroom that class A Motorhomes come standard with. Older people just don't have have the ability to get up into that overcab bed. 😆 A class A offers a much easier alternative for people with mobility issues. A lot of Fleetwood Class A's come standard with an Onan generator too which is something I don't see in a lot of class C motorhomes. it's a nice option to have if the power goes out or if you like to boondock. I live in Southern Nevada and there are a lot of class C's floating around down here. But yes there are more Class A's and 5th wheels then anything else. The 5th wheels seem to be most popular. If I ever get the opportunity to buy a second Motorhome, I will snatch up a nice C in a heart beat.

1979 Dodge Tioga Class C 24 foot. 1987 Fleetwood Bounder 34 Foot.
cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:15 AM   #18

35 years camping, started out with what fit on our motorcycles.... oops...kids. Segway to small used travel trailer, darn kids grow as do pets, buy a new, modern, TT NIRVANA! Kids grow up, move out .... enter 32' used "C" YES! the pinnacle of camping! Envy grows as we admire from afar the omni present "A" Borrowed one to check out for a few weeks, kept the ol "C". Grandkids!!! Yes! now we have a 2018 Freelander 26RS, believe we have achieved balance.

Note; 100# 5' spousal unit did not care to drive "A", no problems with either "C" Actually enjoys driving the GM based Freelander
geoff1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:03 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimplexsound View Post
I miss my class C Tioga. I have a Class A Fleetwood Flair now. I miss that overcab bed with the window that gave me an above the roof view. Wish I had my class C back, I also miss the full bathroom. One problem with the class C's is they lack the full bedroom that class A Motorhomes come standard with. Older people just don't have have the ability to get up into that overcab bed. 😆 A class A offers a much easier alternative for people with mobility issues. A lot of Fleetwood Class A's come standard with an Onan generator too which is something I don't see in a lot of class C motorhomes. it's a nice option to have if the power goes out or if you like to boondock. I live in Southern Nevada and there are a lot of class C's floating around down here. But yes there are more Class A's and 5th wheels then anything else. The 5th wheels seem to be most popular. If I ever get the opportunity to buy a second Motorhome, I will snatch up a nice C in a heart beat.

1979 Dodge Tioga Class C 24 foot. 1987 Fleetwood Bounder 34 Foot.
Few newer C's rely on the cabover bed as the main bed. If you go over around 28 ft you can get a stand alone bedroom as we did.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:50 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
Few newer C's rely on the cabover bed as the main bed. If you go over around 28 ft you can get a stand alone bedroom as we did.

The big thing I like about class A's is the standalone bedroom. Mine has a very nice full bedroom. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1518375032.769082.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	191937
Old 02-11-2018, 11:51 AM   #21

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1518375097.368258.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	191938
Old 02-11-2018, 12:02 PM   #22

Forest River Owners Club
Funny that I just came across this thread. I was down at our storage facility this afternoon to drop something off in our class C, and noticed that the current population of C's has grown quite a bit. Probably 75% travel trailers, 20% class C's, and 5% class A's. But where we often camp, it's more trailers and then A's. C's are few.

Makes sense that TT's are the most - they are less expensive to buy and maintain, and many folks have a pickup for work, or just 'cause. Thus you get double duty out of an expensive part of the rig. Also you get a vehicle to drive around while you're camping.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:45 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimplexsound View Post
The big thing I like about class A's is the standalone bedroom. Mine has a very nice full bedroom. Attachment 191937
What you seem to be ignoring is that C's and A's get the same bedroom adjusted for the size of the unit. Granted, a 40 ft DP will get a better bedroom. OTOH look at what they are stuffing in some of the short A's out there.

The most significant difference between a C and A is the steel cab with all the current safety features vs the wide open bus front with seat belts. Some folks love the front of the bus and some hate it but don't mind the cab. We pick our poison. ;-)
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:49 PM   #24

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
What you seem to be ignoring is that C's and A's get the same bedroom adjusted for the size of the unit. Granted, a 40 ft DP will get a better bedroom.
Our C has a large rear bedroom with walk-around queen and decent cabinet/drawer space. Plus a large walk-thru bathroom with lots of drawers / wardrobe. Really, the only thing I wish we had were two true bunks for the kids. One gets the cabover, the other takes the jack knife couch.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #25

Just curious about Class C's

Quote:
What you seem to be ignoring is that C's and A's get the same bedroom adjusted for the size of the unit. Granted, a 40 ft DP will get a better bedroom. OTOH look at what they are stuffing in some of the short A's out there.

The most significant difference between a C and A is the steel cab with all the current safety features vs the wide open bus front with seat belts. Some folks love the front of the bus and some hate it but don't mind the cab. We pick our poison. ;-)

No I hear what your saying. The class C's I've owner however only had a bed above the cab probably because they were only 25 feet. I much prefer the steel cab in a class C like you said. It makes it feel more like driving a real automobile. Class A's feel more like driving a city bus. They can be very awkward to drive. Although my class A has better shock absorbers. The class C had horrible shocks, just aweful. But I do miss my class C Motorhome very much. If I get the opportunity to buy a second really nice used Motorhome, I will get myself another class C. Because I love that upper bunk with a window view and the full tub the bathroom had too.

Tags
class c