Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2007, 03:50 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
This has been one of those "astericked words" days
I have many things to get done by this weekend ...and today doesn't help any ....
Took the dogs to the vet for shots before we leave town. One of the dogs has an allergic reaction - has never happened before. I have to leave him and will have to go back to ge him later in the day. Go home... have to get ready to meet the former good boss and his wife for lunch. We go to lunch - had a great time. Run to get the dog from the vets...on the way home his snout starts swelling up BAD...It has been 5 hours since the first reaction..and this is a different type of reaction. We need to get gas before going back to vets. We go home give him Benedryl and hop back in the car with Sacs & dog again. Back to the vets... we wait for an hour plus...and we are now home again. Had to reschedule hair cut for tomorrow... ok... just needed to vent..I'm done for a bit ...

PS.. Oh yeah... Did I mention my Mom-in-Law may be having medical issues and I have been trying to reach her Dr. I finally get ahold of him AFTER he saw her ..she will have an MRI done on her head this Friday

PLUS there is a fire somewhere north of here ...and the air quality is awful so everyone is extra cranky

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2007, 03:50 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
This has been one of those "astericked words" days
I have many things to get done by this weekend ...and today doesn't help any ....
Took the dogs to the vet for shots before we leave town. One of the dogs has an allergic reaction - has never happened before. I have to leave him and will have to go back to ge him later in the day. Go home... have to get ready to meet the former good boss and his wife for lunch. We go to lunch - had a great time. Run to get the dog from the vets...on the way home his snout starts swelling up BAD...It has been 5 hours since the first reaction..and this is a different type of reaction. We need to get gas before going back to vets. We go home give him Benedryl and hop back in the car with Sacs & dog again. Back to the vets... we wait for an hour plus...and we are now home again. Had to reschedule hair cut for tomorrow... ok... just needed to vent..I'm done for a bit ...

PS.. Oh yeah... Did I mention my Mom-in-Law may be having medical issues and I have been trying to reach her Dr. I finally get ahold of him AFTER he saw her ..she will have an MRI done on her head this Friday

PLUS there is a fire somewhere north of here ...and the air quality is awful so everyone is extra cranky

Old 09-06-2007, 03:37 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
MonacoMama,
I feel your pain. You are not alone. For me, "stuff" never happens until I am getting ready to leave for an extended trip. This is when the coach, stick house or eldery parent will have something unexpected happen. This time around it is the stick house and elderly parent's turn. The wife's mother suddenly had her blood pressure rise. This has happened before and nobody ever figures out why it does this, but the extra tasks are known and take two days of activity to have tests, see doctors and adjust medications.

Next, the lawn sprinkler system decides to not sprinkle in 2 areas of the lawn. The problem is diagnosed, parts are purchased and installed. One part was defective and ruined another part! . Two days of extra tasks to get this fixed. Then the pool pump springs a leak! The pump casing has cracked. Pump casings do not crack. Not in decades have I had a pump casing crack. All new pump activities cost another day of unplanned activities.

It is uncanny how this "stuff" only seems to happen when I am getting ready for an extended trip. However, there is a potential solution I'm now testing. The trip get ready tasks used to take 3 maybe 4 days. Shhh, don't tell anyone but I extended the get ready tasks to be performed over two weeks. Me thinks I can sneak a task or two a day, and the "unexpected stuff gods" will not notice. Before one knows it, we'll be out of town with no unplanned activity. Only time will tell.

Let's wish each other luck.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:50 AM   #4

MonocoMama, hang in there. Gary, here in rural New Hampshire, home base, the swiming pool is a New Hampshire river in the back yard, just 35 feet from the back door of the barn, built in pump. The sprinkler system is when the clouds come over the mountain and drop some water on the lawn, and the MH is packed all the time and has it's own set of cloths for the DW and I, it's own litter box for the Kitty Kat, and is filled up with fuel and water at the last possable stop coming home from the last trip. Hang in there all and yep a venting day is good for the soul.

1990 Foretravel ready to travel.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:00 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Thanks guys...
It really did help just to do that post...it was amazing how much better I felt 15 minutes after I posted that...I have found doing something like that post keeps me from "taking it out" on anyone else...

Today is a much better day!

Old 09-06-2007, 09:56 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Butch up, Nancy! You think you have it tough today?? Well, let me tell you that I am now on my second load of laundry. Ang will be back later today, but I have had to do laundry TWICE since she has been gone! Oh, the huge manatee!!!

Hope the poochers is feeling better, and good luck with the rest of your day. It has nowhere to go but up!

BTW - we will be at Sugar Barge starting Sunday for a couple of weeks. Hope you and Sacs can come by and say hi (and have a marg, of course!)

--kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:23 AM   #7

I worked a few hours mon morning(labor day) and all I could think of during the hour drive home was to hit the couch,crack a beer and relax.Not so.I walked in the door,went to use the bathroom and my bride had the whole bathroom stripped out and says ,I am painting,geez,okay.Go to paint store,after 1 and a 2 hours she picks out the same shade of blue I suggested 2 hours prior.While she is painting I decide to replace the mixing valve cover plate and faucet.I start yanking on handle to remove and kablowy,water starts shooting everywhere.Run down and turn main off.Okay,no bathroom,we have a MH,thank God.I get cover plate off and notice some rot.Before I know it all the tub surround is off and you guessed it more damage and mold.So I go out and get enough tile backer to replace rotten sheetrock.I start installing and realize they had 5/8" board prior,does not match my 1/2" board.Back to hardware store for 1/4" shims.Plumber comes and replaces mixing valve,I should have been a plumber,my lawyer didnt charge me that much.As of now I have started the tiling,picking that out was also a 2 hour job.So how was your labor day?

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:31 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I know how you feel...there have been better days at times.

My daughter called last Friday on the way to work asking about her van running hot...told her to get out of the traffic, shut it off and call AAA.

She had been off from work with the oldest son in the hospital and got him home Wednesday afternoon. Thursday AM her baby sitter called and ask if her dog has seizures very often (10 year old schnauzer that is diabetic). I go pick the dog up and take her to the very and back home.

Back to Friday and the dead car, 45 minutes to get it towed and the dealer had her a rental car ready. She put in her purse and lunch and locked it to go get the two car seats from her van. Got back and the door would not unlock. 45 minutes later she managed to get them to cut another key and try it...no go, call a locksmith. 1 hour later locksmith gets it open and the lock is bad. Go in and get another car and finally off to work and get a new lunch since the other had been setting in the Houston sun for several hours. Rolls into work at 12:30 afternoon.

Working like mad to get caught up and the lights at the office go out. She stands in her door and shouts to everyone....I am sorry that I came into the building today.....lights were back on in about 5 minutes.

She kept calling us to fill us in on the newest development. Her husband was unable to get off and make it across town to help.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:54 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Say Frankie what did you expect on Labor Day.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:04 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, sometimes when it rains, it pours. But MM, you have a very positive attitude, and you know mean old Mr. Stress is making things worse... take a deep breath, pet the doggies, make Sacs make you dinner... have a glass of wine... pet dogs, pet Sacs... you get the idea. I'm not making light... I'd be stressed too given the circumstances. It's good to vent, sometimes.

I'll keep this thread handy for when I need to vent. Hoping today (and tomorrow) are better days...

Brenda
Old 09-06-2007, 04:08 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sounds like what happens to us EVERY time we plan an extended trip with the HR!
mountainkowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">BTW - we will be at Sugar Barge starting Sunday for a couple of weeks. Hope you and Sacs can come by and say hi (and have a marg, of course!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You evidently have not read my blog ... We are on the way to Oregon no later than 4AM Monday morning - after spending all day Sunday at my Mom's 80th birthday party ...when will you and Ang make it back to the Oregon coast?

Old 09-06-2007, 09:38 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
...when will you and Ang make it back to the Oregon coast? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You evidently don't know of my allergy to cold and wind and rain So, see you next July then??

Have a safe trip.

--kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:41 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Kev... I am moving to Oregon now... Sacs will be following....so I can only assume you will be attending another Monaco Rally then?