Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-10-2011, 05:32 AM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Just Thinking

ONE LUCKY FELLA' (written in Florida, last winter)

I was sitting and thinking about my life yesterday as we drifted in Sabastian Inlet. We were bottom fishing for flounder because the blues were not running yet. The incoming tide was really ''tame'' and we drifted slow, touching the bottom and waiting for the fish to get hungry. I sat there and kinda pondered my life and thought back over the years of work and travel, fun and tears, high points and the Black Low Point when I lost my first wife Linda. We were 43 years together and we laughed and loved and sometimes cried together. We explored life in a station wagon heading for Colorado and the Rockies and Utah where the earth has its skin scraped off and the bones are showing. We crossed this great country on a Goldwing motor cycle and tasted the rain and the wind and the sun on our faces and down in our boots some of the time. We took that same Goldwing and explored most of the eastern seaboard states and got a real 'taste' of travel and wanted more. We bought a motor home and went exploring after I retired in 95 and were firmly bitten by the RV bug. Life was good and we had the world on a string with great adventure thru our windshield. In 2000 Linda saw a coach with ''slides'' on it while we were in Dawson Creek on the way to Alaska. Guess what we bought when we got home from that trip. Yep, a 2000 Pace Arrow with two slides. On the last day of September, 03 My Linda woke up with a head ache and by 10:30 she was on the way to the hospital in an ambulance. Brain aneurism, nothing they could do. The doctors pronounced her brain dead on October 1 at about 8:37 am. My world caved in and I entered the Black Hole of nothingness. I walked the walls of our house that I had built in 2000. I stopped taking my heart meds and re-lit a ''ciggie'' and sat the bottle of Jack on the table and lost count of the days and nites. I slept on the sofa and used the guest bathroom when I decided to take a shower. I walked the walls like a caged tiger and cursed God for taking My Linda. Life meant nothing, nothing meant nothing. My closest friends became a bottle of Jack and a 357 Smith with hollow points. I tasted gun oil several times and backed away. Sometimes I lived life a few minutes at a times. I would watch the sunset from our deck and curse God and challenge him for taking away my life. I lost my faith and didn't care. Life was nothing. Money was nothing. Nothing was nothing and I had no purpose in life save to take a breath for no reason that I could see. I ''Zombied'' along from day to day, bouncing off the walls without purpose. I changed my will and would have made a few people kinda wealthy if I would have punched out. I gave some things away to people that I thought loved me and were truly my friends. I gave away some gold and money and most of all I gave away my trust to people that swore they loved me. I made the error of giving them a copy of my will so they would come to the funeral and to the ''reading''........ Big Error.....Really Big Error on my part. Everyone knew that Linda and I had no children, and I had no brother no sister no mother no father and now .. No Wife.... I had ''money'' but it meant nothing to me.
I would go to Walmart and take a buggy and just walk. Not looking, Not shopping, just walking among people so I would not ''punch out'' that day. Maybe tomorrow or maybe tonight when I get home, but not today in the Walmart.
One day I saw Willa shopping in Walmart. Pretty girl. Big brown eyes, pretty smile. She was pushing a buggy and for the first time in a long time I smiled and she smiled back. WOOOOOOOHOOOO... I smiled again and she smiled again and I looked around to see if she was really smiling at me and she was. We had coffee in the coffee shop and talked for two hours and I started to come back to life very slowly. She was a nurse and she thought I was a maintenance man in a furniture factory because I kept babbling about fixing the saws.
We went very slow. We would meet at Wally World and just talk and drink really bad coffee. I started becoming human again and Mr. Jack D. got sat back in the cub board and Mr. Smith & W. got put back in the gun cabinet and I started to live again. I will not bore you with the rest of the story because I am sure I have posted it before now but I will say this.
When you are your lowest in life and life means nothing to you and life has nothing to offer............... LOOK AROUND AND SMILE AT SOMEONE.... It may just change your life back to the good..........

Nuff said for now.

God bless our vets ALL GAVE SOME.... SOME GAVE ALL...

I will post again when I find something worth writing about .me....

ps. Note to MY Willa. You are my love and my life and without you, I would not be here now.

Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2011, 07:58 AM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
Nuff said. God Bless

1995 Winnebago Vectra 454 Chevy
1999 Volvo C70 Convertible following on Dolly
2010 Yorkie--Sir Lenny Thomas - Riding Shotgun
Hammer Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Very nice.

Give Willa a hug for us.
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I come to this site, looking for posts by Seajay, looking for a good story, a few laughs, some truth and some blarney but always worthwhile reading.

Thanks for being so honest and so real, buddy. I am so glad you chose to smile that day. You bless us all.

I hope we cross paths some day.

2007 Adventurer 38T w/
sway & trac bars, Koni FSDs and SafeT+
2006 Jeep Liberty toad
jackrobinryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #5

Thanks for sharing sailor man.

2009 Newmar 42 ft. Allstar 4188, Wheelchair Accessible, 400HP Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, Mastertow Dolly, '98 Riviera
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #6
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by Wayne M
Very nice.

Give Willa a hug for us.
Ron & Wendy-Kansas
94 Pace Arrow 34 ft
25 yr Army retired 2006
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Guess who sent Willa to Wal-Mart that day! Through all your horrible pain God was always right there with you, just waiting for that perfect time. Thanks for sharing that story with us. God bless!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:58 PM   #8

Yet another good reason to visit Wally World . Just think. If it weren't for WW (and divine intervention), you wouldn't have your beautiful Willa.

1998 Alumascape 30RLS FW
LibbyLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #9
Monaco Owners Club
Wow!! You never know what`s around the next bend.
Dennis & Marcie & Hook The Jack Russell, 2001 HR Imperial 38wds 350 Cummins, 07 Chevy Trailblazer/Blue Ox/Ready Brake, 04 Dodge 3500 Cummins,
slickest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:59 PM   #10
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Thanks for sharing this---very touching! May God bless you and Willa.

Skip & Pat

SkiPat is offline   Reply With Quote