Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-03-2015, 09:08 PM   #1
Just wondering......

Just got off the phone with an old navy buddy living in Springfield,Mo. He called to say hello and wish me a happy 4th of July. After shooting the bull for a bit and telling him about my new winnebago trend, he mentioned an incident he oversaw a fewdays back. A guy with a camper which my friend only alluded to as large ( he's not into RV's) was parked at a wallmart. Apparently while inside shopping, someone hit him on the front end doing some extensive damage.
The owner called the cops, but no one witnessed anything, in broad day light and the security cameras didn't cover that area of the lot. The owner had to have his vehicle towed for repairs, a real bummer. Was wondering if that owner is someone on this site, or if thats ever happened to someone here? I had my 2004 dodge crewcab truck damaged by a hit and run driver. Set me back over a thousand bucks to repair the damage. Never was able to determine who done it. It would really "jerk my chain" to experience something like that with my new RV.

mr mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2015, 10:46 PM   #2
Outdoors RV Owners Club
A friend of ours had his car hit in a parking lot last month. That store did have video and he had all his friends post the picture of the guy on facebook and share with everyone. He also listed the officers name and number. They found the person this way who lived about 100 miles in another town. The power of media.

Deb & Dale--RVM107--2015 Blackstone 280 RKSB

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 05:38 AM   #3
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Witnessed a hit-and-run in a store parking lot years ago.. Wrote down the runner's license as did another customer.

We both wrote down the same number and the cops had a very easy time.

Got hit on the freeway on my way to work.. Red ball in the side pocket type hit (I drove a red car) managed to keep it wheels down (To the amazement of the investigating officers) got a tow to work (Body shop diagnoally across intersection) and insurance fixed.

As for the runner about a dozen members of the cell phone possie all called 9-1-1 (my office) so when I got there his license,registration and driving record were on my desk.... Troopers knocked on his door, he declined to talk to them so they handed him a six pack of tickets.. I though 5 was the lmit but forgot "Leaving the scene".

I used a camera to follow my tracks later (right under a remote controlld camera) and ... I'm kind of amazed I kept it wheels down too.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote