Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
Gulf Streamers Club
Just wondering where you wash rig

Just wondering where and how often you wash your rig when you full time or travel for long periods. I see many campgrounds request u don't wash at your site, are most of you utilizing truck washes at travel plazas??? I see all these nice coaches on the road and most are always spotless. I still park at home and wash there, just curious about others

racefn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #2
Blue Beacon!

Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
Monaco Owners Club
We usually wash every 4 months or so and wax once per year with RejeX and touchups on the road with ProtectAll. We'll either wash at a private campground (if they allow it) or using a bucket and brush at a public campground (again when they allow it). We've *once* used a wash service that came to the campground.
12 paws, 40 feet and the open road
WheelingIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
Damon Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to JimmyLeggett
on the road i will wash at the campground if i can, if not i will use one of the truck washes. they are not great but they keep the road grime off the MH
Jimmy & Judy, Army retired, 2004
09 Damon Astoria, 340HP ISB Cummins
Flippy Do, Tara and sometimes Sweet pea
JimmyLeggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #5

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
At home, in the driveway, with a pressure washer, wand, and RV wash and wax. Never tried a Blue Beacon as there are none around here.
SSgt. Richard L Ray, USAF (Retired) - Laura L Ray
Our second home is a vintage 1995 Jayco Eagle 277RB 'The Love Shack"
towed by a 2008 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab short bed "The Green Goblin"

W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:25 AM   #6
I wash it frequently and do so in any campground... how? I do it when it is raining - I go out with my rags and extended brush and wash away as the rain rinses it... never had anyone say anything to me about this type of RV washing in the parks that don't allow it.
started full timing in the RV class of 2011 - March!
My trials and tribulations-http://zeetraveler.blogspot.com/
heyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:32 AM   #7
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We will wash at the campground if it's allowed. If not I'll be using Blue Beacon when on the road. Of course when we're at home it always get's a bath seems like whether it needs it or not.
Steve & Sally / HiTee & Hudson Our Little Poms / Heidi & Houston Forever in our Hearts
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22 / 05 PT Vert
Michigan (Summer) Florida (Winter)
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #8
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
In my driveway before and after every trip where I come back to the sticks.

On the road, whatever CG will allow me to wash it and it needs it. (which is most of the time) Most CG's will let you bucket wash. When i can only bucket wash I'll just do the front cap and windshield to get the bugs and stuff off, and the mirrors.

There are products on the market that do a good job if you are not muddy dirty. Turtle Wax Ice detailer, and their Turtle Wax Ice wax do a good job. Think "wipe on, wipe off, wipe on, wipe off," in no time at all you will want to take Karate lessons.
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:37 AM   #9
Winnebago Owners Club
I do it in the CG if allowed. When the MH is home which is rarely I do it with the pressure washer in the driveway. Between water/soap washes or if the CG doesn't allow it I use detailers shine spray, ussually McGuires, and detailes spray & wax. I do the car with this detailers spray also if it is just dusty. Otherwise the car goes to the do it yourself coin car wash.
Dan Sees, Full Timing in the MH & Part timing in a S&B In Hampstead, NC
2013 Winnebago Journey 42e, 2014 Featherlite Car Hauler 3110 17.5', 2008 Mazda MX5,
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #10
Unlike private CG's, I have yet to find a State CG that does not allow rig washing at the site.
Ralph & Snickers
2006 3500 Chevy Dually - 8.1 - Allison
2006 30' New Horizon - Solar
ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #11
Country Coach Owners Club
We seem to keep finding campgrounds that have RV washes in them . . . came in really handy in Quartzite after travelling over the Tehachapi's with snow and grime. Both the dingie and the coach looked just brown.

John & Cathy Lamb
45' Marathon XLII
num1dgh is offline   Reply With Quote