Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2017, 10:44 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
I have ran out of a lot of items/stuff at home and traveling, but "Spirits" is not one of the item's..............
The stock at home and in the Coach is closely inventoried and watched.....
A person can run out of a lot of things.........but this is not one of them............
This is one "Aging Area" for wine in my garage.........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04121.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	316.7 KB
ID:	154490  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2017, 11:10 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzbill View Post
Not so sure about today, but in Utah a few years ago it took a little effort. I did find a beer-Polygamy, with the tag; Why have just one?
I kid you not!
Has anyone else experienced this issue due to location?

Thanks for the responses. It's all good.
larrymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 07:36 AM   #17

Location, location, location. No alcohol sales in Texas before noon on Sunday. What happens between 11:59am and noon?

I have witnessed the 11:59 phenomenon many times. A long line develops at the register with everyone holding a 12-pack and credit card at the ready. Easy to see who had more fun than planned on Saturday. Hey, don't cut in line.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:28 AM   #18

And there are still places where you can't buy at all to carry out.
But most states are finding it impossible to exist on a tax base that doesn't allow sufficient alcohol sales--even Utah has made a lot of changes.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:00 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
And there are still places where you can't buy at all to carry out.
But most states are finding it impossible to exist on a tax base that doesn't allow sufficient alcohol sales--even Utah has made a lot of changes.
I have a time keeping up with dry counties in my home state of Arkansas -- much less an entire nation

We have dry counties where the only way you can buy liquor is in private clubs where it must be consumed on premises. So I can buy beer at a club and drink it before driving home, but I can't buy it and take it home with me before drinking it. And I know all about not drinking and driving, but I'm not naive enough to believe even a small percentage of the people drinking at those tables has a designated driver with them.

Oh! And that no-liquor-sales-on-Sunday thing is not about religion. When we tried to rescind that law a few years back, someone asked how it squares with our separation of church and state, and they said it was not about religion. It's so we'd just have one day a week where nobody's drinking and driving -- unless of course you go to a private club for your drink before driving, I guess.

Sorry.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:44 AM   #20

To the OP, I just try to stay stocked up when traveling... I like to sit and relax with one or three after a long day of driving... Different strokes for different folks...
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:05 AM   #21

As I understand it part of the problem is that when they repealed prohibition they left it up to local governments. In NY it can be regulated by State, County, and Town laws. Off hand I know of a couple of dry towns.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:21 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Minnesota legislature just passed, signed by Governor, Sunday sales of liquor. It won't go into effect until July, 2017. The law allows off sale stores to be open 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. on Sunday.
sask66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:41 AM   #23

Statelines app. It is very helpful not only with alcohol info but smoking, fuel taxes, leash laws, bike and motorcycle helmet laws, min/max speed limits etc. We mainly use it for smoking laws. We will not go to a restaurant that allows smoking.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:58 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
We keep a small inventory in the coach ... rarely do we find ourselves running dry. If/when we do - it's nothing that we can't take in stride. More often than not - it's just a hope skip and a jump to the little cluster of shopping at the last little town we passed thru. ... and I won't lie, once we're parked somewhere - I rarely mind having to jump in the toad to run an errand. It gives me a chance to see a little bit of the surrounding area.

There are just too many things that I need to keep track of to try to proactively stay on top of this one. Absolute worst case - I spend a "dry" night. That ain't even a problem.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:47 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplanned View Post
I try to have a week's supply on board at all times, but sometimes I misjudge the daily limit
Good link Cruzbill X2!!
Naw! You too?
Old 03-14-2017, 11:04 AM   #26

State Line app by Technomadia

This app would help:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ond.statelines
Old 03-14-2017, 11:10 AM   #27

Should try shopping for alcohol in in Ontario, separate stores for wine, beer and liquor.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:21 AM   #28

Dying of thirst is not an option. Prior planning can save your life.
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel