Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2014, 12:02 AM   #29

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
BTDT...eight stones, passed seven and had two surgeries. I know the numbers don't add up...took two surgeries for the one stone. A urologist told me kidney stones are worse than child birth!
Unless your urologist is a woman and has given birth and had a kidney stone he knows not what he is talking about. I have given birth to two children one by C-section and one naturally and given birth to 4 kidney stones. Yes the kidney stones are very painful but not as painful as giving birth or at least for me they were not.

ginny47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2014, 06:41 AM   #30

Rexhall Owners Group
Really? When's the last time you were in labor for 8 DAYS? One of mine took that long to pass. If having children is so painful why do you ever have more than one? I DO NOT want another kidney stone.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:13 AM   #31

The first time I had one, I didn't know what it was. I went in to the ER and told them that I had hurt my back. The doctor came in, took one look at me and said "you haven't hurt your back, you have a kidney stone.

I asked how he could diagnose anything from across the room. He responded "if you had hurt your back, you would be laying very still. You, on the other hand, are squirming around trying to find some position that is less painful than the others. Don't bother. There is no such position."

Joel
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:49 AM   #32

I have had one and agree with all others on the pain part. I went to my doctor and was told by his staff I could not get in and if I was in that much pain I should go to the ER. Now moving to another Dr. I did not go to ER but to the local walk in clinic. They pumped me full of fluids with an IV that I swear they took out of the freezer. Sent me to another (they own that one too) walk in clinic across town that has a scanner and to make a long story short they did everything correctly and I passed the stone the next day. Now to my point. My wife had an upper respiratory infection and went to the ER they did the same scan. My bill from the clinic for everything was one tenth of what hers was for the scan alone.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:24 AM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Iv'e had lots of them since my first in 85 last year had one taken out bigger than a golfball. Doc says drink lemonaid so i drink several glasses a day so far so good..longest time without one in 29 years
Old 12-30-2014, 09:21 AM   #34

Thor Owners Club
I was curious if there was "A fix" for these things. I hope to never get another.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:53 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
I haven't had a kidney stone that I'm aware of but Christmas morning 2013 I went into acute renal failure requiring dialysis. 3x per week 4hrs each session I'm on a dialysis machine. Recently I was placed on the transplant list.
I'm not a doctor nor am I saying your stones will lead to a need for dialysis but I hope you find a way to treat those stones before serious complications could result in a need for dialysis.
I believe you when you say passing a stone is excruciating pain. As is said "this too shall pass" but believe me when I say dialysis is a life changer. So much so that we sold our MH because my life currently revolves around an every other day trip to the dialysis center.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:56 AM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny47 View Post
Unless your urologist is a woman and has given birth and had a kidney stone he knows not what he is talking about. I have given birth to two children one by C-section and one naturally and given birth to 4 kidney stones. Yes the kidney stones are very painful but not as painful as giving birth or at least for me they were not.
Your body is built for having babies, my body is not built for passing kidney stones. Plus having babies doesn't take a week.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:24 AM   #37

My first and only stone lasted a month and two surgerys , three ambulance trips to the hospital and $40000 later it was passed. Having a stone is bad. The last time I was taken to the hospital my blood pressure was 50 on the high side, don't know what the low was. Bad pain for a month and hope to never have it again.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:53 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Stop counting at 100 had stones all over the country traveling for work. Passed several while camping my old doctor said a case of beer and a horse is good cure. Had them broke up 3 Times. Started having them when I was 27 im 63 now. Good luck .
Old 01-02-2015, 05:08 PM   #39

Had one in my lifetime; horrible and as you described. My DW has had over 33 stones.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:26 PM   #40

Is there any correlation between stones and gout?