Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #15

Your family may be allergic. Thankfully I'm not. After a year of krill oil my sholder has healed, my my diabetes is under control. My bp is normal. And my cholesterol is dropping. What more can I say. Gpd I'd good!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #16

GOD is good!

Old 09-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #17

The problem with doctors and the medical profession is they think getting that Md means they know everything. They stop doing research and were totally unaware of all the studies going on around them. So I'm forced to do my own research on my condition that's how I found out about krill oil and physical therapy to help overcome my paralysis. The center stopped giving me physical therapy so I continued on my own. And that has also worked for me surprising my doctors who had giveh up on me. I can walk now with my walker and I've star ted to get movement back in my left arm which the doctors said would never happen just like they told me IWould need insulin for the rest of my life. I haven't needed a shot except once in the last six months. So imho Take what doctors say with a grain of salt. Most of the doctors I've met are all about billing hours not really helping their patients . I had a doctor visit me in the hospital ask me a few stupid questions and leave. A week later the Medicare/Medicaid services called me because he had tried to bill them $2000.00 for a consulation. So please don't tell me about doctors!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #18

Krill are tiny shellfish. You're probably alergic. Fortunately mose people are not. If you're not allegic to fish I would suggest you try fish oil. Youll have to take more than if you could handle krill but it's still omega 3.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Hi Jasright, I read your post a few days ago and was at Costco the next day.
Saw they had a sale on them 5.00 off a bottle of 80. I said what the hey.
Bought two bottles. One for me and one for the Wife. We Quit Smoking Aug 1st.

Had been spiting up some junk. It really had slowed down.
Started taking these and am spitting up a lot more again.

Hope it does clean me out some. I smoked a pipe for 36 years, and yes I did inhale.
too top that off I was born with asthma.

I have an ex Brother in law to thank for getting me started. For my 21st Bday he
gave me a pipe and Tobacco. was hooked almost immediatley.

But any way thank you for the info. I will let everyone know how it goes.
Bj Safe travels.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A couple of things regarding Fish Oil, Krill Oil, Omega 3, DHA, EPA...

You can cause problems if you take too much... While DHA and EPA are certainly helpful in numerous ways they also thin your blood. If you consume large amounts you can thin your blood as much as pharmaceuticals like Warfarin. There have also been recent studies that linked Prostate cancers with high doses of Fish Oils.

Remember the old saying, "Everything in moderation", too much of anything is not going to be good for you.

I am not a doctor and the forgoing is just my opinion based upon my own research....

OH, and also, it doesn't matter what the front of the jar says, i.e., 1500 mgs, 300 mgs, etc. Look on the back and see how much of the capsule is actually DEA & FHA. You'll find that an 800 mg capsule may contain more actual DEA/FHA than a 1500mg capsule. Really, read the backs.....
Old 09-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #21

My blood sugar was 89 this morning and by blood pressure is normal no medication is needed.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Well after a few days the DW broke out in a severe rash. Had never shown any shellfish
alergies before. Her Doctor thinks it could be the red dye. stopped taking and it cleared up. However the Stress from the rash has brought on a bout of shingles.

I hope it doesn't last as long as some have.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #23

No doubt jasright will have some words of wisdom to help your wife get over her reaction and its consequences.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #24
laj

first really sorry your wife is suffering, hope for a speedy recovery. Really no surprises by this.
it's half what I expected to happen. all I can say
still hope she is well soon. the body is resilient
if given half a chance and a little help.