Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird23 View Post
As I said I live in the area and Kyle is one of the few drivers I have meet that don,t act like he walks on water when away from the track.If you would like to meet a real jerk away from the track try Dale Jr or Tony Stuwart. Again Kyle was wrong.but Nascar let this go too far to start with.As R ichard Petty said there is more poltics in Nascar then in the Gov.
When my buddy owned a Cup and two Truck teams we spent a lot of time in the pits and with the drivers/owners in the owners lot. Most of the drivers did not like Kyle(or Kurt) years ago.

We spent many summers with Dale and Jr.(not as many with Jr. but did spend entire evenings with Jr.) in the Bahamas. Both were/are the most down to earth people you could meet.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I could not agree more with you about Dale Sr.We raced on local short tracks at the time he was still running Bush at some events,an he treated us lower money guys as equals.I am not speaking of the way they treat anybody that is rich,I am talking the way they act around the people that don,t have the money they have.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I liked him when he first came into the league but unfortunately his ego has become to big for his head. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they parked him for good. Someone like that needs some anger management before he really hurts someone.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Freebird, Kevin Harvick had nothing to do with this incident. If Kevin or one of his drivers hurt Kyles feelings than he just needs to man up instead of wrecking a championship contender because he was having a few bad weekends. He said as much in his interview. Kyle is responsible for Kyles actions.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #19

Best news I have heard in days

NASCAR
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #20

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
NASCAR has rhe right to pull any drivers license at any time. I liked a few years ago when Jimmy Spenser made an adjustment to Kurt Busch head.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by diandtom View Post
I liked a few years ago when Jimmy Spenser made an adjustment to Kurt Busch head.
Correct, he even had to get his ears fixed.
BobGed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:52 PM   #22

Most professional drivers I put in the same basket as most NBA players. The primadonna basket. OTOH, NASCAR is responsible for the disaster that got Dan killed. Perhaps they must share responsibility for Kyle's actions.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:15 AM   #23

Hopefully Shrub gets more than just his hand slapping...If Nascar cant take points and put a monetary fine on a driver using a 4 letter cuss word.....there best be more punishment to come.
I won't bash the kids driving abilities because he can drive....but his maturity has yet to develop
Old 11-06-2011, 12:19 AM   #24

Its a good thing my name aint Mike the pres, cause KB would never sit a seat in NASCAR.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:26 AM   #25

They should take points away from KB and give Hornaday enough to keep him in contention for the championship.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:15 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Its a good thing my name aint Mike the pres, cause KB would never sit a seat in NASCAR.
I'll agree with that! Haven't heard much about Kyle getting caught for speeding,(on the road) he didn't get true punishment for that either.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:07 AM   #27

I remember when Kurt was in AZ and when the sheriff stopped him for speeding, he said: "Do you know who I am". Didn't fly with the sheriff.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:34 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
Freebird, Kevin Harvick had nothing to do with this incident. If Kevin or one of his drivers hurt Kyles feelings than he just needs to man up instead of wrecking a championship contender because he was having a few bad weekends. He said as much in his interview. Kyle is responsible for Kyles actions.
bsirby,It was a Harvick truck that took Kyle out of the owners points.As I said Kyle was wrong in this ---Nascar is right--but it should not been alowed to get this far by anybody.I have been around Nascar all my life and never seen it so one sided,as it has been the last 5 or 6 years.I have gone from going to 9or 10 races a year to 0 this year .On the speeding ticket he got the same as anybody else,and a lot less as he who can not be named got even though he wiped out his Chevy.Sorry if I made anybody mad,just tired of my driver always being wrong (in this case he is)and all the rest being right.