Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #43

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I wasn't going to say anything but as far as I am concerned, NASCAR started going downhill when I started the Truck Series, and allowed Toyota to buy their way in.

Wen I was a kid in the days of Richard Petty, Junior Johnson, Fireball Roberts......etc. etc. You could go to a Ford dealership or a Chevrolet dealership, Dodge or Plymouth, dealership and buy a car with the same drive train as was in a NASCAR Race-car......try that today JMHO

NASCAR and the NHRA have sunk to the bottom of the barrel.
If Toyota and Honda want to Race they should stick to INDY-Car and Formula Car racing.....Not NASCAR or NHRA Drag-racing

I guess I will go put my Fire-Retardant Suit on now, let the flames begin

If We Can't Haul It....You Don't Need It ! Motor-T
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #44

I think some have forgotten this happened a split second after the caution flag was thrown. They were still at speed! I am glad Nascar have done what they did and hope they do more on monday. This is his 4th mistake this year!
336muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #45

No it didn't. Kyle was at least 4 car lengths behind Ron after the yellow had been thrown and gassed it to his bumper, then proceeded to drive him into the wall. Watch it again.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #46

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It was the wrong thing for Kyle to do and I do not defend his action. He should have waited until green flag and then did his deed and been a little more discreet and less dangerous about it. Anyone that follows racing knows that Hornaday has bumped a few in his career but not as bad.

If I had been racing for points championship I would have been a little more cautious on lap 15 and not been bumping around on Kyle racing for the lead that early.

I really hate the thought of the racing getting closer and closer to IROC with the car restrictions, and now driver restrictions where everyone is a Matt Kenseth when it somes to agressive racing. I don't say that to diss Matt, but he is usually a very courteous driver. If Kyle or someone like him is not in it, I have no reason to watch it.
If Gibbs fires Kyle, someone will pick him up before Joe Gibbs can finish his statement.
JayGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
What Kyle did was wrong. What Nascar did was right. But, thats what brings in the big buck$$$$ for Nascar.

x2 on the first part and unfortunately you're right on the second part. I think a one year driving and contract suspension to anyone who pulls that kind of stunt on the track might help put a stop to it. Life time suspension for a second offence.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #48

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Montoya blatantly said he will do anything to win an oval track race. He drives dirty. He even took out own his team mate on the last lap to win a road race. Jeff Bodine is no better. He took out his own brother to win. KB, Montoya, Bodine and some others are a bunch of cry-babys and always blame somebody else when they crash. NASCAR needs to do something so KB can't win the championship this year.
Kyle dropped to 11th in the points race. There is no way he can win the championship now. His chances were not that great where he was to begin with.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #49
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekanic View Post

I belive those that would use a vehicle as a weapon need to be weeded out of racing.
Very good move NASCAR!!
Now if Kyle learns to behave I think he should be allowed to race.
The anger mangenment classes tony stewart took some years seems to worked quite well.
I didn't like Tony in his early days but I have to say he has really grown up. I even have started to enjoy when he wins a race but I am still rooting for Carl Edwards.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #50
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
Kyle dropped to 11th in the points race. There is no way he can win the championship now. His chances were not that great where he was to begin with.
And now he has an excuse to whine about.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Way to go "Smoke!" I feel the same way as TAZ. If you are going to represent the sport you need to think about the larger picture. If Kyle Busch gets fired and M&M pulls out you could see hundreds of people loose their jobs. It's not fair to all concerned that Busch did what he did but he needs to get a hold of his sense of right and wrong. Helton stated that Busch wasn't the first person to pull this kind of stunt and he obviously crossed the line.

I think that falling out of contention for the Championship and the loss of his seat will teach him a lesson that he won't forget. Rusty Wallace said it best, When Wallace went into the NASCAR hauler during one of his darker days, Helton told him that NASCAR didn't need him and that they could continue without him. Busch has been given the exact same speech and I hope that he comes away with as a better driver and person.

Coach Gibbs was unwilling to throw him under the bus during his interview and only spoke of the good things that he does when he's off the track. Busch is a guy I love to hate (I don't like his car either) but he remains a talented driver and I hope that this terrible episode just gets a page in the history books and that something good will come of it.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #52

Johnson and Gordon didn't act this way on their way up. Neither did Carl and a lot of others. MM won't pull their sponsorship, but they may stipulate that KB has to go. That would be a good way for Gibbs to save face and not get blamed for KB getting dumped.

I'd love to see Carl get the crown. He deserves it. He's one of the truly good guys.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I root for the Hendricks drivers but if they aren't going to win it I would rather see Edwards win it before Stewart.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #54

I watched the whole race today. The lead ups and the afterthoughts,

The best thing bout todays race?........................Easy

Not having to hear Kyle Busch's name mentioned one time during the race.
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #55
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I root for the Hendricks drivers but if they aren't going to win it I would rather see Edwards win it before Stewart.
I'm with you. I am a Mark Martin fan but I also like Carl.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #56

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hmmm, wonder if Dale Sr. ever put anyone into the wall during his driving career? naaa, they just gave him the Intimidater nickname cause he looked like one.

Dieselclacker
dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote