Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #1

Kyle Busch will not race this weekend

NASCAR to meet with Kyle Busch Saturday morning: UPDATE - Busch parked: Tempers flared early in Friday night's truck race at Texas Motor Speedway. As they ran three-wide early in Friday's race, Ron Hornaday moved up the track, causing Kyle Busch, running on the outside, to hit the wall. Hornaday also hit it. As they slowly went around the track, Busch ran up on the rear of Hornaday and caused Hornaday to smack the wall head-on in what was hard contact. Hornaday was uninjured. NASCAR called Busch to the hauler to meet with officials after the race. NASCAR met with Kyle Busch for less than five minutes on Friday night after the race. They will meet with Busch before Saturday morning's Cup practice (which is at 8:45am/et) to discuss the incident. Hornaday went to the NASCAR hauler (he wasn't called there by officials) after Kyle left and said: "If NASCAR doesn't (park Busch), I'm hanging around, and I'm going to buy Tommy Baldwin's ride and that guy will never finish another race. That's a promise. He's got to be parked. They did it to Harvick at Martinsville.'' Hornaday was reminded that the Harvick parking was in 2002, which Hornday said: "So, let's have at it? So I can go over and beat his ass and let's have at it? He lives too close to me. We'll see what NASCAR does. If they don't handle it right, I'll be over at his house Monday morning.''(Virginian-Pilot)(11-5-2011)
UPDATE: NASCAR announced Saturday morning that they have parked Kyle Busch for the remainder of the Texas race weekend. He will not be allowed to participate in the Nationwide or Cup races. He will be replaced in the Cup race by Michael McDowell and by Denny Hamlin in the Nationwide race. Further penalties against Busch could be announced early in the week.(11-5-2011)
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2011, 09:11 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneykrantz View Post
"If NASCAR doesn't (park Busch), I'm hanging around, and I'm going to buy Tommy Baldwin's ride and that guy will never finish another race. That's a promise. He's got to be parked. Hornday said: "So, let's have at it? So I can go over and beat his ass and let's have at it? He lives too close to me. We'll see what NASCAR does. If they don't handle it right, I'll be over at his house Monday morning.)
This is what needs to happen then Gibbs should send his [moderator edit] down the road.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It"s about time that *^&%#$%%^& got parked

How does a man of the caliber of Joe Gibbs tolerate this young hot head? Joe is everything a man should be and has been a true leader in the physical, spiritual, and mental growth of so many, but he just can't teach this kid anything. Kyle is an embarrassment to the whole Gibbs race team. Get rid of him before he kills someone.
Akibase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Rodney, you have made my day a happy one. I have not liked either of the Bush brothers, because of their attitude. Nascar finally did something right. It's too bad, because he is a talanted driver. Maybe this will finally bring him down off his pedestal.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
He's a spoiled child in a man's body. This is exactly why Hendricks unloaded him. I would like to see Gibbs do the same thing, but I doubt that it will happen (sponsorship $). Being parked for Sunday's race is probably a good thing for his personal safety as well. I'd be willing to bet Harvick would make sure Busch didn't stay in the race very long.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
"I'd be willing to bet Harvick would make sure Busch didn't stay in the race very long.

Bob, wouldn't that put Harvick in the same class with Kyle?

Dieselclacker
dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselclacker View Post
Bob, wouldn't that put Harvick in the same class with Kyle?

Dieselclacker
Yep, I'm not a Harvick fan either.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
"Yep, I'm not a Harvick fan either."

I second that!!

Dieselclacker
Old 11-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
He's a spoiled child in a man's body. This is exactly why Hendricks unloaded him. I would like to see Gibbs do the same thing, but I doubt that it will happen (sponsorship $). Being parked for Sunday's race is probably a good thing for his personal safety as well. I'd be willing to bet Harvick would make sure Busch didn't stay in the race very long.
I'm not sure the sponsors are going to turn a blind eye anymore. Not knowing what goes on in the background, but I would think his actions would not please a sponsor and they might not want their product associated with him. Time will tell.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #11
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Like time several years ago when Home Depot took Tony Stewart to the wood shed and laid down the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
I'm not sure the sponsors are going to turn a blind eye anymore. Not knowing what goes on in the background, but I would think his actions would not please a sponsor and they might not want their product associated with him. Time will tell.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I know I will be fryed for this but as one that lives around a lot of these drivers I can say things are not all what they seem.what Kyle was wrong and this should be done.This has been building sence Kyle was taken out by another Harvick driver to give Kevin the Truck owners title. T his was taken before Nascar and nothing done,also Kevin has taken out every Gibbs car and nothing said. I know this was not Harvick driving but it was his car.As I said I live in the area and Kyle is one of the few drivers I have meet that don,t act like he walks on water when away from the track.If you would like to meet a real jerk away from the track try Dale Jr or Tony Stuwart. Again Kyle was wrong.but Nascar let this go too far to start with.As R ichard Petty said there is more poltics in Nascar then in the Gov.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #13

And that's the crux of the matter. It's all politics.
bucks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What Kyle did was wrong.
What Nascar did was right.

But, thats what brings in the big buck$$$$ for Nascar.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote