Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2014, 12:10 PM   #15

Hello. Let me introduce myself. I'm Neil Schuster (owner/developer of Lake Weir Living). I'm impressed by all the overnight commentary, as we our sponsorship placement just appeared yesterday.

Thank you, Everyone, for looking into what we have to offer. We're proud to be a sponsor of iRV2, and appreciate your active forum community. A resident of ours (whose RV garage home is under construction) is an iRV2 forum member and referred me to your forum. We're excited to have a relationship with iRV2 and all of you (forum members). I'm happy to chat further in the Vendor section with specific details of what we have to offer from RV Garages Homes, Mancaves, Workshops, to our customize home designs.

And yes, we are an HOA-free community -- a very unique aspect in a Florida Retirement Communities.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2014, 12:30 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

And thank you for the sponsorship. This forum is a friendly and informative island of calm in the internet.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 01-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #17
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post
I think it's interesting they base their ad on close to The Villages they are!

Why not just buy in the The Villages then?
Because The Villages is not very friendly to RVs. There are no RV port homes, no RV garage homes, and no RV parking at all except for something like 72 hrs before and after a trip. There are numerous storage lots in and around The Villages.

We drove through Lake Weir Living. It is close enough to take advantage of shopping and entertainment opportunities associated with The Villages; but even though Lake Weir Living is only 8 miles away, it seems like it is kind of out in the boonies.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Weir Living View Post
Hello. Let me introduce myself. I'm Neil Schuster (owner/developer of Lake Weir Living). I'm impressed by all the overnight commentary, as we our sponsorship placement just appeared yesterday.

Thank you, Everyone, for looking into what we have to offer. We're proud to be a sponsor of iRV2, and appreciate your active forum community. A resident of ours (whose RV garage home is under construction) is an iRV2 forum member and referred me to your forum. We're excited to have a relationship with iRV2 and all of you (forum members). I'm happy to chat further in the Vendor section with specific details of what we have to offer from RV Garages Homes, Mancaves, Workshops, to our customize home designs.

And yes, we are an HOA-free community -- a very unique aspect in a Florida Retirement Communities.
Hi Neil, thank you for your sponsorship and welcome to the forum. Your Lake Weir Community offers a unique opportunity ... a welcome change for those of us that have lived in Florida long enough to prefer homes in a community with no HOA.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Welcome to irv2 and thank you for your support. I agree that an HOA free community is a plus.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 01-25-2014, 02:35 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
Because The Villages is not very friendly to RVs. There are no RV port homes, no RV garage homes, and no RV parking at all except for something like 72 hrs before and after a trip. There are numerous storage lots in and around The Villages.

We drove through Lake Weir Living. It is close enough to take advantage of shopping and entertainment opportunities associated with The Villages; but even though Lake Weir Living is only 8 miles away, it seems like it is kind of out in the boonies.
Other reasons for Lake Weir Living (LWL):
  • HOA fees and restrictions at The Villages.
  • At LWL the houses aren't right next to each other like dominoes.
  • Though LWL has baseline floor plans on their website, every home to date has been customized by each owner. There are no "finite" options list.
  • You get to landscape the way you want.
Just a few things
Old 01-25-2014, 03:38 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabird56 View Post
Other reasons for Lake Weir Living (LWL):
  • HOA fees and restrictions at The Villages.
  • At LWL the houses aren't right next to each other like dominoes.
  • Though LWL has baseline floor plans on their website, every home to date has been customized by each owner. There are no "finite" options list.
  • You get to landscape the way you want.
Just a few things
here's another one ...

it's not The Villages
Old 01-25-2014, 03:39 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
The HOA in the villages is about $130 a month, you get to play for free on 35 golf courses, about 1500 activities a month, there are 100,000 residents I think.

But you are correct not RV freindly, I will check out the Lake weir complex nex time.

How many golf courses do they have and how many homes at this point in time built.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:08 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post
The HOA in the villages is about $130 a month, you get to play for free on 35 golf courses, about 1500 activities a month, there are 100,000 residents I think.
Well ... sort of. At The Villages, there is also a CDD Assessment of about $400 annually.
And the free golf is if you walk.

No idea about fees/charges/amenities at Lake Weir.

Cost of Living in The Villages, Florida
Old 01-26-2014, 07:10 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
Well ... sort of. At The Villages, there is also a CDD Assessment of about $400 annually.
And the free golf is if you walk.
If you're lazy it cost $4 for a golf cart

I have friends that live there their taxes on a $250K house is $2,000, they don't have a CDD assessment.

They say their cost all in is about $700 a month, they use a pass for reduced rates on golf carts at about $1 a round.

Free live music at 3 town squares every nite of the year.

They are selling over 300 homes a months, so there must be something there attracting buyers. there are 200 salespersons there

But no one place is perfect for everybody, he said the articles by Ryan Eismann are laugh at by the residents
Old 01-26-2014, 07:27 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Hello and welcome.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Weir Living View Post

Thank you so much for your sponsorship, Maybe through your request and working with IRV2 tech dept. you can come up with a photo with a Motorcoach sitting in the driveway in front of the door for it, The big banner across the top of the page would be more appealing to look at on a RV forum with one in the photo.........Just my thoughts....
Old 01-26-2014, 07:42 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just curious (since we now live in a HOA community and understand its pros and cons), if there are no HOA fees, who takes care of maintenance of the lawns, streets, common property? From my experience in the HOA, even folks who are financially able will not always maintain their property well unless they are forced to do so. Some folks are just plain lazy and others are not physically able to do maintenance.

I would think most folks who move into a place like this aren't interested in cutting their grass, etc. and if no HOA fees, is the individual homeowner on the hook to pay someone to do those things?
Old 01-26-2014, 09:19 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Thank you so much for your sponsorship, Maybe through your request and working with IRV2 tech dept. you can come up with a photo with a Motorcoach sitting in the driveway in front of the door for it, The big banner across the top of the page would be more appealing to look at on a RV forum with one in the photo.........Just my thoughts....
My thoughts exactly! We have already submitted a request for same.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 01-26-2014, 09:35 AM   #28
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I'm going to go the other way. And this is just an opinion of course.

While I appreciate that every business must make a profit, or at the very least, break even, personally, I wish the banner at the top of the page was left alone and out of the coffers for advertising.

I'd rather see member submitted beautiful photos of scenery and places we've been to share with the other members. This could be done possibly as a slide show.

I personally already see a lot of advertising on my screen.

Again, just my humble opinion.
Closed Thread