Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Kro1957's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Mitchell South Dakota
Posts: 1,143
Blog Entries: 2
Neil,

Thanks for your sponsorship! We certainly understand that it is part of what keeps this forum operating.

Trina and I just returned from a weeks vacation where we checked out resorts and also found a very nice Community Development District (CDC's) with RV ports. Lake Ashton in the Winter Harbor area. We will also now check out your development also. Welcome to irv2! Jim & Trina
__________________

__________________
06 King of the Road 37RLQS
06 Coachman Cross Country 5.9L 300HP 382 DS
03 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0L James, Trina, SMSgt, USAF Ret
Kro1957 is offline  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2014, 06:33 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
spritz's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: c above
Posts: 4,954
I will drive down and they can use my MH infront of its new garage home, and my 64 caddie on the other door. I'll even throw in the lawn maintance for Free because nobody does it better but me Send me the directions, I can leave right now.
tb
__________________

__________________
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad: 1999 Deville Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline  
Old 01-27-2014, 06:43 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
palehorse89's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,777
You are a nice guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
I will drive down and they can use my MH infront of its new garage home, and my 64 caddie on the other door. I'll even throw in the lawn maintance for Free because nobody does it better but me Send me the directions, I can leave right now.
tb
As always Tim.....you are willing to help out
__________________
2000 Newmar MADP 4060, 350ISC, Spartan MM, IFS 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is online now  
Old 01-28-2014, 06:20 AM   #32
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lake Weir, FL
Posts: 34
Here is a picture of a class A in front of the home that is on the left side of the Lake Weir Living header advertisement above.

I grabbed it from their Facebook page.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	58820_540229295997896_1515020566_n.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	54837  
__________________
Good Sam's Club Life Member
Coast-to-Coast Premier Member
Passport America Life Member
jabird56 is offline  
Old 01-28-2014, 06:24 AM   #33
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lake Weir, FL
Posts: 34
Here is a shot of a 5th wheel at another LWL home. No RV garage with this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	556149_413783791975781_1611772274_n.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	54838  
__________________
Good Sam's Club Life Member
Coast-to-Coast Premier Member
Passport America Life Member
jabird56 is offline  
Old 01-28-2014, 07:59 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
bruceisla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: St. Lucie West, FL
Posts: 5,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabird56 View Post
Here is a shot of a 5th wheel at another LWL home. No RV garage with this one.
Nice examples! What is an average lot size?
__________________
2005 Newmar Essex 4502, 2013 Caddy SRX
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is online now  
Old 01-28-2014, 08:57 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Snowbird - Waterford Mi and Citrus Springs Fl.
Posts: 3,609
Just a thought for those that might be considering a non HOA, "RV friendly" community? Just keep in mind the potential for somebody to install a modular, or very basic, home next to your dream home?

You might want to look into a community with actively enforced "deed restrictions"? You don't need an HOA (as they are most commonly thought of) to do this.

We've recently been through all this, and when the dust all settled, we found ourselves with a home in Citrus Springs (guessing maybe 30 miles west of the Villages, closer to the Gulf coast), with a 38' MH sitting next to the house?

This is just one of several VERY large (way bigger than what I thought previously existed!) developments in the area - with well defined and actively enforced deed restrictions. The deed restrictions here allow for RV's of all sorts - as long as it's stored in a manner where it's not going to be an eyesore for your neighbors? They go on to explain what they are looking for here, but it's subject to interpretation, and I've found much of that interpretation to be common sense - seems pretty fair to everyone involved. What I found is the size of the lot your home is on controls this to a certain degree? An example of something that may be hard to work out might be along the lines of trying to figure out where you might put a 44' MH on a lot with a home that meets the deed restrictions, that's 1/4 acre? Not impossible, but you'll need to be pretty creative?

Not trying to sell anything, just pointing out something I hadn't thought of prior to going into all this. In fairness, Citrus Springs does have something similar to an HOA, but it's all volunteer, and there are no dues, other than the 15.00 annual fee to be a member (if you choose to do so). Here, MOST deed enforcement action would be deferred to Citrus County code enforcement. Our HOA (if you want to think in those terms) might get involved directly in a situation where somebody is trying to bring a modular home in, build a home that doesn't meet minimum deed restrictions, an excessive number of out buildings, etc. Basically, situations defined in our our local deed restrictions that go beyond rules spelled out in the county codes? FWIW, -Al
__________________
1997 37' HR Endeavor, 275hp Cat, Freightliner
03 CR-V Blue Ox, Ready Brake
ahicks is offline  
Old 01-28-2014, 09:10 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Franconia PA
Posts: 116
Thank you Lake Weir for buying advertising space which pays for this forum. I am happy that this site is free because of advertisers like you. I have better things to do than whine about things that are free. JMHO.
__________________
mcbrian is offline  
Old 01-28-2014, 09:20 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
spritz's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: c above
Posts: 4,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
As always Tim.....you are willing to help out
Don't cha know it... Its the least I can do for the good folks in Lake Weir.
tb
__________________
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad: 1999 Deville Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline  
Old 01-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,250
I'd love to be able to consider moving there. Looks real nice. Maybe someday...... Monkey
__________________
Monkey, pilot of a Great Dane hauler,
2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax/Alison 4x4 CrewCab 2016 Cougar 28SGS
1ST CAV
monkey is offline  
Old 01-30-2014, 10:02 AM   #39
Member
 
Lake Weir Preserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ocklawaha, FL
Posts: 55
Photo of RV Garage Home

Here are shots of a Class A in front of its garage, as well as shots within the garage at Lake Weir Living. (More photos to come!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	adfsasdf.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	344.5 KB
ID:	54978

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00756-2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	54979
__________________
Lake Weir Preserve
Lake Weir Preserve is offline  
Old 01-30-2014, 10:22 AM   #40
Member
 
Lake Weir Preserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ocklawaha, FL
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
Just a thought for those that might be considering a non HOA, "RV friendly" community? Just keep in mind the potential for somebody to install a modular, or very basic, home next to your dream home?

You might want to look into a community with actively enforced "deed restrictions"? You don't need an HOA (as they are most commonly thought of) to do this.

We've recently been through all this, and when the dust all settled, we found ourselves with a home in Citrus Springs (guessing maybe 30 miles west of the Villages, closer to the Gulf coast), with a 38' MH sitting next to the house?

This is just one of several VERY large (way bigger than what I thought previously existed!) developments in the area - with well defined and actively enforced deed restrictions. The deed restrictions here allow for RV's of all sorts - as long as it's stored in a manner where it's not going to be an eyesore for your neighbors? They go on to explain what they are looking for here, but it's subject to interpretation, and I've found much of that interpretation to be common sense - seems pretty fair to everyone involved. What I found is the size of the lot your home is on controls this to a certain degree? An example of something that may be hard to work out might be along the lines of trying to figure out where you might put a 44' MH on a lot with a home that meets the deed restrictions, that's 1/4 acre? Not impossible, but you'll need to be pretty creative?

Not trying to sell anything, just pointing out something I hadn't thought of prior to going into all this. In fairness, Citrus Springs does have something similar to an HOA, but it's all volunteer, and there are no dues, other than the 15.00 annual fee to be a member (if you choose to do so). Here, MOST deed enforcement action would be deferred to Citrus County code enforcement. Our HOA (if you want to think in those terms) might get involved directly in a situation where somebody is trying to bring a modular home in, build a home that doesn't meet minimum deed restrictions, an excessive number of out buildings, etc. Basically, situations defined in our our local deed restrictions that go beyond rules spelled out in the county codes? FWIW, -Al

All homesites at Lake Weir Living are zoned "R1". That means that they are zoned for a "residence" complying with Marion County building code. This type of zoning does NOT allow for modular or mobile homes. All construction and land use must comply with Marion County laws including zoning, building, and code enforcement. Neighboring homes can not be mobile homes. Our community is entirely focused on boomers/retirees that want their dream home with their dream garage to fit their "toys". Typical RV garage homes are built on approximately 1/2 an acre (larger land if you prefer). Many residents love to have some privacy and space around their home. An RV garage home may be built on less than half an acre depending on the footprint of the home, and complying with county code.

Citrus Springs is a pleasant area, nearly 1 hour west of The Villages and Lake Weir Living. If you head out to The Villages sometime, please let us know and I would be happy to personally take you on a guided tour of our community (8 miles from The Villages).
__________________
Lake Weir Preserve
Lake Weir Preserve is offline  
Old 01-30-2014, 12:26 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Snowbird - Waterford Mi and Citrus Springs Fl.
Posts: 3,609
My apologies. My note may have been a little off topic as I had not originally intended for it to apply directly to Lake Wier Living. It was intended for those considering "RV friendly" communities? Also, I did not mean to present Citrus Springs as an alternative, but more as an example of what is available in this area. I spoke of it's location relevant to the Villages only to give people with little knowledge of the area some reference?

That said, you probably know a lot more about this than I do, but I do know Marion County DOES allow manf. housing, modulars, etc. as does Citrus County, where I'm at. Not too long ago, when somebody brought a "modular" into the Citrus Springs development and started installing it (in direct violation of the deed restrictions), they were in possession of a building permit issued by Citrus County. It was only action by the Citrus Springs Civic Association (the local HOA if you will) that had it removed....

How would that have been handled at Lake Wier?

Are you saying mobile/modular homes are not allowed due to your R-1 zoning? You're pretty sure about that? Just curious, -Al
__________________
1997 37' HR Endeavor, 275hp Cat, Freightliner
03 CR-V Blue Ox, Ready Brake
ahicks is offline  
Old 01-30-2014, 04:06 PM   #42
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lake Weir, FL
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post

Are you saying mobile/modular homes are not allowed due to your R-1 zoning? You're pretty sure about that? Just curious, -Al
My 2 cents, our experience with LWL: we took one of LWLs home designs from their website and modified it. Actually taking some ideas from other plans that they had and inserted them into a TUSCAN. Once we got our floorplan (square footage) worked out, then Neil took us out to look at what lot(s) to go with.

Take one of their plans, modify for YOUR requirements, then choose the lot.

They do not have a set options list, it's whatever you want to build to. They will however go with you to all the vendors and help you work out your material listings for such things as: doors (internal/external)/windows/garage doors; light fixtures, plumbing fixtures, flooring options, pool design, custom cabinets; etc.

They have 7 baseline plans to choose from. Some plans; such as the TUSCAN, have 6 different plan options listed on the website. With our modified TUSCAN you can probably say they now have 7 versions.

Website: Lake Weir Living : Marion County, Central Florida, FL.
__________________

__________________
Good Sam's Club Life Member
Coast-to-Coast Premier Member
Passport America Life Member
jabird56 is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Warning Prohitch South Lake Tx maxwell18 iRV2.com General Discussion 22 10-18-2014 02:52 PM
Lake Tahoe Area Camping MandG-Fun Boondocking 6 09-15-2013 05:01 PM
New Jersey to lake Champlain to Clayton Mikeeg Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 3 08-29-2013 07:16 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.