Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2014, 11:34 AM   #141

Our '01 Sahara edition.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3135511596.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	438.3 KB
ID:	57228

Name:	image-2872189499.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	477.4 KB
ID:	57229

Name:	image-2439551424.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	641.3 KB
ID:	57230

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2014, 11:49 AM   #142

Ford Super Duty Owner
Another moab area pic This one is from my July 2013 trip

(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:02 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Roo View Post
That's some backyard you have there Roo...is that second pic in King's Canyon NP? My favorite N P...

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:38 PM   #144

2013 JKU and 2013 Fleetwood Storm
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ForumRunner_20140301_133725.png
Views:	82
Size:	247.9 KB
ID:	57233   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140301_133734.png
Views:	92
Size:	574.3 KB
ID:	57234  

Old 03-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
That's some backyard you have there Roo...is that second pic in King's Canyon NP? My favorite N P...
That's the back road to the visitor center above the Yosemite Valley. I think it's Glacier Rd. The third pic is about 10 or more miles back woods between Pagosa Springs and Durango Colorado. Had to use 4wd the whole way. The first pic is of course Morro Bay. Check out the license plate.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:46 PM   #146
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Starting to pack for our trip to the GatorNationals.

By the way if anyone thinks I'm being foolish about posting that we will be away, our son George will be house sitting while we are away.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_3924.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	57267   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3926.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	57268  

Name:	DSC_3937.jpg
Views:	709
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	57269  
Old 03-02-2014, 07:01 AM   #147

A 64 CJ-5 and a 2012 Arctic. I haven't towed the 64 yet but it will probably make a few trips this summer. I just finished the bumper to attach the Roadmaster.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3497550226.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	752.1 KB
ID:	57311   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1161023541.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	498.1 KB
ID:	57312  

Old 03-02-2014, 07:57 AM   #148
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Roger, that '64 put me in mind of the '60 CJ 5 we had in the late 70's. After we blew up the 4 cylinder I dropped in a V6 salvaged from a 67 Buick Skylark. This photo was taken in Michigan sometime late 70's, early 80's. The young man in the back was our "little brother", we were part of the Big brothers program.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	024 (2).jpg
Views:	74
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	57313  
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:05 AM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Roger, that '64 put me in mind of the '60 CJ 5 we had in the late 70's. After we blew up the 4 cylinder I dropped in a V6 salvaged from a 67 Buick Skylark. This photo was taken in Michigan sometime late 70's, early 80's. The young man in the back was our "little brother", we were part of the Big brothers program.
Looks like the same Jeep. I got my first Jeep when I was 14 and haven't spent many years without one since. I started with a surplus M38 and have had just about everything they have made since. A Jeepster, a Forward Control, and a 4dr Unlimited would just about complete my personal Jeep slam.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:32 PM   #150
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Little update on my Jeep

Time to work on the inside of the Jeep for a little bit. I bought some original parts awhile back. One of the pieces was a seat. The seat cover was in almost perfect condition with one small exception. The seat frame was rusted out in the area of the right rear mounting bolt area and as it turned out the rod used to hog ring the seat cover to was also rusted out. My original intention was to have the two seat covers swapped, the good cover swapped to my good frame, have them leave the other cover of the rusted frame, weld it up and then put the old cover on that frame and sell it. It turned out the old frame was not savable, so I have just the cover. I think I will just hold on to it as it is not that bad.

As is always the case you start one project and another pops up, the inside of the Jeep looks pretty sad

I guess I will have to do something about it. I have been want wanting to get to this rust for awhile now.

I have used this paint a number of times and it was a pretty good match, but this time it did not match up that well, but makes little difference as it is under the capet. Here is my tool of destruction. It works well.

I taped off the area after grinding and sjhot some primer and then the paint and then clear on top. As I said above it did not match as well this time as it did in past projects, I was closer once I cleaned up all the over spray from the primer, and I really should have taken more car and covered EVERYTHING with drop cloths before spraying.

A little soap and water cleaned up the rear very nicely.

I can never leave well enough alone, so when I saw the seat frames, they had to be sand blasted and powder coated. Both front and rear

So how do you tell a crazed jeep fanatic? Well look for the guy out in his driveway in the freezing cold cleaning the carpets in his Jeep. Another piece of original stuff I picked up was another complete carpet set. I have cleaned both the set of carpets that were in the Jeep and the set set of carpets that I picked up used. i will install the best and then sell the other set. They actually came out pretty good.

The newly cleaned carpet and the freshly powder coated seat frames really look good together.

Another item I picked up was an NOS roll bar cover.

It did not come with the foam pad needed to go under the roll bar cover so one will have to be made. I have extra if anyone needs some

We cut the pieces, and then trimmed them to fit. The piece that goes over the top is just a square piece 60" X 1/2" X 9" and fits perfect. The short piece that runs down the back side of the seat 23 1/2 " X 1/2" X 9" has to be trimmed at the top to go around the seat belt bolt and fit the intersection of the rear brace. The piece that goes around the rear brace has to be trimmed to fit the rear deck of the wheel house and the intersection of the top roll bar. 36" X 1/2" X 9". I then used tape to hold the foam in place to put the cover on, I taped the whole length of the foam to give it a uniform thickness and left it in place.

I have some wrinkles in the cover, and hope they will come out over time, I will go back and try and straighten them out as time passes.

As always I wan to thank the help of the car nuts that show up to eat my food and drink my drink, and help out.

So it is time to start packing for our long planned trip to the Gator Nationals, It will be good to see green grass again.

Just a note, for anyone that thinks I have been foolish in posting my trip plans, my son George will be staying at our house instead of in his apartment taking care of the fish and taking a vacation from his room mate.

Hey, I'm always looking for NOS parts for this Jeep (tow hooks, light switches, Garnet interior pieces, etc. keep me in mid please.

As always I have updated my web site with more pictures.
Week 2014 02 22
Old 03-02-2014, 02:33 PM   #151

All I can say is great job Glenn. And I will try to make George's party while you are gone! Your Jeep looks great by the way. Enjoy your trip.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #152
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coincidence??

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:22 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Coincidence??
Hey Sarah !!!!

Now I must say I like that !!!

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:18 PM   #154
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Sarah !!!!

Now I must say I like that !!!

Cheers !!!!
You can get a t-shirt with that on it from Amazon. (Hmmm, my hubby has a birthday coming up.... )

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote