Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
[QUOTE=PTJeep;1809628]I have never had a leak with my freedom top at all, and its been through lots of rain storms you do have the large screw in nobs that go in the speaker rail that is above the drivers head ?[/QUOTE]
Yes.....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2013, 07:47 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
Jeeps won the war. Hondas mow your grass. Toyotas make tree huggers happy!
Yea I figured I would get a response with this post. Actually I have owned 3 Jeeps in the past. All including the Toyota have been great vehicles. The last one , a 99 Grand Cherokee is still in the family with 250k.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #31

Here is our 2008 Rubicon. Has 35 inch tires, 5.13 gears, aluminum flares and steel bumpers with winch. We have about 50,000 miles on the odo and about 30,000 towing:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3731.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	274.1 KB
ID:	50119  
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:10 AM   #32

Ford Super Duty Owner
Here is my 06 LJ daily driver around moab this last summer

and my 99 TJ back in 2011 between Ouray and Telluride Colorado

here is the TJ playing on a test ramp (2 inch lift, sway bar disconnected)

(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich and Cork View Post
Here is our 2008 Rubicon. Has 35 inch tires, 5.13 gears, aluminum flares and steel bumpers with winch. We have about 50,000 miles on the odo and about 30,000 towing:

Looks lifted also, I would assume with 35's
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Those are some nice looking jeeps
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	254
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	50126  
jjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #35

Here's my 06 Liberty. Last year built with 2.8 TD. Live the torque. Hit the mountains and she don't slow down with the AC blasting. About. A year away from getting the off-road stuff for it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1289689094.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	571.8 KB
ID:	50128  
FamFun4 u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #36

[QUOTE=palehorse89;1809632]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
I have never had a leak with my freedom top at all, and its been through lots of rain storms you do have the large screw in nobs that go in the speaker rail that is above the drivers head ?[/QUOTE]
Yes.....
Hi palehorse,

Sorry to read you are having leakage problems on your Jeep, maybe the seals are just not up to snuff, its really hard to say. I like the soft tops as well, but since my Jeep is our daily driver as well as our magic carpet to less traveled areas I didnt want to deal with the higher noise levels associated with the soft top. Another reason is that we were originally from Michigan and a hard top holds the heat in better, or a/c depending on where you are.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
[QUOTE=PTJeep;1809920]
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post

Hi palehorse,

Sorry to read you are having leakage problems on your Jeep, maybe the seals are just not up to snuff, its really hard to say. I like the soft tops as well, but since my Jeep is our daily driver as well as our magic carpet to less traveled areas I didnt want to deal with the higher noise levels associated with the soft top. Another reason is that we were originally from Michigan and a hard top holds the heat in better, or a/c depending on where you are.

Cheers !!!
Jeff, I am talking about a hard top, that is what mine is and it has had the roof and door seals replaced over a dozen times! I moved it out into the rain after my last post and the drivers floor is getting wet this morning! I just got it back from the dealer last week and they said it was fixed(again for the 6th time) and not leaking.H ummmmmm what to do now?
Old 11-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
What a bunch of nice look-in jeeps, now I have to ask the owners with the Freedom tops does yours leak, do your floors get wet? Mine has been to the dealer 6 times for the "wet floor" (both sides) problem. At the end of the 3rd time It qualified for the Pa. lemon law but I don't want to get rid of it, I just want it fixed but they have been failing and time is running out. Towed it through 2 days of rain coming back from out west and both floors were flooded! Back to the dealer, I am going to put it outside today as it is raining here today.
Our stock Wrangler is almost 2 years old and we have never taken the tops off. Occasionally during a "frog strangler" with blowing rain we get a small leak directly over the dashboard, so we just put a towel there and get on with life. There is a recall on the Jeep, so when we take it in for that we will have them LOOK at the leak...but I doubt they will be able to fix it. Just a part of the "Jeep experience."
Old 11-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

At the risk of sounding like a total knob, I'll ask other JK owners if a soft top is worth the hassle? As I said in another post, we haven't ever taken the hardtop off...mostly because we worry that water leaks, wind noise, etc. will get worse if we do. The Jeep is my hubby's DD and we aren't off-roaders nor mudders...GASP!! We bought the Jeep because it's an easy toad and looks cute behind the Bounder....haha.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #40

This one is stock, but I love it. It has more miles being towed than it has on the odometer. It is a blast to drive.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3886057628.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	543.4 KB
ID:	50135  
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #41

[QUOTE=palehorse89;1809928]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Jeff, I am talking about a hard top, that is what mine is and it has had the roof and door seals replaced over a dozen times! I moved it out into the rain after my last post and the drivers floor is getting wet this morning! I just got it back from the dealer last week and they said it was fixed(again for the 6th time) and not leaking.H ummmmmm what to do now?

Yeah I knew you were talking about your hard top, mine is a hardtop as well, but like I said I have never had a leak with it and its a 2008, my brother also has a 2008 and his has never leaked either, it makes me wonder if there was some kind of design change in the later models I hope not cause someday I'll be getting another Jeep, but not until I wear this one out, sometimes tracing leaks is a never ending job. I would think your Jeep dealer would just completely disassemble the whole top and windshield area and rebuild it completely new and make it right, or has that already been done ?
Old 11-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
At the risk of sounding like a total knob, I'll ask other JK owners if a soft top is worth the hassle? As I said in another post, we haven't ever taken the hardtop off...mostly because we worry that water leaks, wind noise, etc. will get worse if we do. The Jeep is my hubby's DD and we aren't off-roaders nor mudders...GASP!! We bought the Jeep because it's an easy toad and looks cute....haha.
Hey Sarah !!

X2 on being an easy toad, cause they are, ours is a daily driver as well, but ya just gotta get it off road and see things you cant see from the pavement, we love moderate trails, I havent gotten my wife to agree to hard trails yet, but I keep trying, but there are so many places to go off road that you just have to try it once, get it down into 4-wheel low and just have fun. You will be amazed at what you can see.

Cheers !!!