Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Our stock Wrangler is almost 2 years old and we have never taken the tops off. Occasionally during a "frog strangler" with blowing rain we get a small leak directly over the dashboard, so we just put a towel there and get on with life. There is a recall on the Jeep, so when we take it in for that we will have them LOOK at the leak...but I doubt they will be able to fix it. Just a part of the "Jeep experience."
Hi Sarah, if my leak was just a drip like yours I could live with that but my floors are getting soaked(mold in time), the carpet is so wet when you press your hand into the carpet water is dripping off your hand! I have not seen a "recall" on the water leak problem, can you post a link to it if you have it? The service manager also said I might want to think of asking jeep to install a soft top instead of the hard top as they are not leaking, but I do not want a soft top, if I did I would of bought one instead of the hard top I told him. I love my jeep and don't want to get rid of it as it is a "blast" to drive and take on vacation.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Hi Sarah, if my leak was just a drip like yours I could live with that but my floors are getting soaked(mold in time), the carpet is so wet when you press your hand into the carpet water is dripping off your hand! I have not seen a "recall" on the water leak problem, can you post a link to it if you have it? The service manager also said I might want to think of asking jeep to install a soft top instead of the hard top as they are not leaking, but I do not want a soft top, if I did I would of bought one instead of the hard top I told him. I love my jeep and don't want to get rid of it as it is a "blast" to drive and take on vacation.
Sorry I wasn't clear on the recall...it is NOT for the leak. It's for the "transmission oil cooler tube." (Safety Recall N28) I meant that we will have them look at the leak when we take it in for the recall--sort of two birds with one stone.

And I agree, if ours was leaking like yours, we would exercise the lemon law and let them have it back.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Sarah !!

X2 on being an easy toad, cause they are, ours is a daily driver as well, but ya just gotta get it off road and see things you cant see from the pavement, we love moderate trails, I havent gotten my wife to agree to hard trails yet, but I keep trying, but there are so many places to go off road that you just have to try it once, get it down into 4-wheel low and just have fun. You will be amazed at what you can see.

Cheers !!!
Jeff, my adventuresome spirit has gone the way of the dinosaurs. Back in the day we were motorcycle enthusiasts and owned an old 4WD International Scout. We bogged it down at the beach one time when the tide was coming in. I don't think I care to relive any of those experiences. I don't need to be winched out of the mall parking lot.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
That's funny Sarah, I also owned a 66' scout w/ plow , what a fun machine!
Old 11-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #47

Quote:
Jeff, my adventuresome spirit has gone the way of the dinosaurs. Back in the day we were motorcycle enthusiasts and owned an old 4WD International Scout. We bogged it down at the beach one time when the tide was coming in. I don't think I care to relive any of those experiences. I don't need to be winched out of the mall parking lot.
Sarah, ermmm I can honestly say we havent had to be winched out of any water as of yet, not sayin it couldnt happen sometime though, but we tend to go off road where its dry, although we have done a few wet crossings, but never to the point where the water was coming in to claim us as you were with your scout. I taking that you got it out in time before the tide got to the cabin.

Come on out west, and join in a desert crawl, the only way you'll need to be winched out is if ya get her stuck between two big rocks, or something like that.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #48

Winnebago Owners Club
Rigged for bikes and kayaks: Tunnel running our Jeep on an old RR grade!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FourByMore.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	272.7 KB
ID:	50158  
Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #49

Quote:
At the risk of sounding like a total knob, I'll ask other JK owners if a soft top is worth the hassle? As I said in another post, we haven't ever taken the hardtop off...mostly because we worry that water leaks, wind noise, etc. will get worse if we do. The Jeep is my hubby's DD and we aren't off-roaders nor mudders...GASP!! We bought the Jeep because it's an easy toad and looks cute behind the Bounder....haha.

I don't have a JK but I just don't care for the looks of the hardtop other than on a JK, on the CJ7's I have had I go with a soft top, bikini top or no top, my current CJ i bought a couple years ago at an auction and when I got it home I took the hard top and doors off and sold them, even with a soft top I don't mind it in Minnesota winters but I have lived here all my life and don't mind winter.

Here it is in the auction yard, battery was dead so nobody bidding knew if it ran or not.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Sarah, ermmm I can honestly say we havent had to be winched out of any water as of yet, not sayin it couldnt happen sometime though, but we tend to go off road where its dry, although we have done a few wet crossings, but never to the point where the water was coming in to claim us as you were with your scout. I taking that you got it out in time before the tide got to the cabin.

Come on out west, and join in a desert crawl, the only way you'll need to be winched out is if ya get her stuck between two big rocks, or something like that.

Cheers !!!
We have a sissy Jeep. Some of the guys on the Jeep forum tried to get me to buy these... CLICKETY
Old 11-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #51

Quote:
We have a sissy Jeep. Some of the guys on the Jeep forum tried to get me to buy these... CLICKETY

Hahahahaha well I just cant see those on any Jeep, but if you say you have a sissy Jeep then so be it. But I think you should try to loosen it up on some really good bumps then ... ...

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #52

Towed this one 10'000 miles behind my dodge sprinter
It's a 96 with 36" tires and locker front and rear
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2956839526.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	50165  
Vsilvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #53

Now I am dragging this 2013 Over 8000 miles this year we just
Our jeeps
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2942648849.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	395.4 KB
ID:	50166   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2620523808.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	50167  

Vsilvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #54

Our first summer out we towed our Solara on a dolly . . .
Before our second summer we bought our '03 X.

Name:	image-1229161823.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	617.5 KB
ID:	50174
Old 11-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
Looks lifted also, I would assume with 35's
Has 1 3/4 Daystar lift and 1 1/2 wheel spacers to use the stock wheels.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #56

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here's my 2011, which just happens to be for sale.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Wrangler_iRV2.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	50179  
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote