Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #71

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey TdogKing

GREAT photo...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2014, 08:59 PM   #72

My previous toad: Stock 1999 Wrangler Sahara at Moab:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5666.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	472.7 KB
ID:	55576   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5737.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	417.2 KB
ID:	55577  

aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:38 AM   #73

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I never actually got to tow this. Alas, had to change campgrounds last Easter, the tow bar would have come in Monday or Tuesday after and then I could have towed it, but since we moved on Sunday, wife drove it.... INTO A TREE at 50 mph.. I am now accepting applications for a traveling companion

Believe it or not that was a 1987 Jeep Wagoneer.. Nice ride, handled well, ran great. Only problems were a few loose screws and other minor stuff and sun damage to paint job.

I would have really liked that car. Do miss my wife though.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #74

Monaco Owners Club
Here are a few that always give me smiles...

Old 02-07-2014, 05:14 PM   #75
KIX

This is our '04 Rubicon. Traded it on our current '13 JKUR. Oooops pics reversed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	074.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	55645  
Attached Images

KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #76

I don't have pictures yet but I do have a Jeep story. I have owned multiple Jeeps through the years from a 53 CJ 3 B to my current 2012 Arctic Wrangler. I just sold the 53 a few months ago and bought another project, a 64 CJ5 with the original hard top and a PTO winch. My wife was impressed because this one was driven home, most of my PROJECTS come home on a trailer and quickly become several hundred individual parts.
When I bought the jeep I was told it needed a wheel cylinder but a new one was included with the jeep. The first nice warm day, I decided to change the wheel cylinder, one hour , two tops! I didn't pull in the shop since it was relatively warm and a simple job,so I just pulled in front of the door. Up on jack stands and out comes the impact wrench, lug nuts seized. Did you know that the old jeeps have standard threads on the right side lug nuts and left hand threads on the left side lug nuts? I knew that, it just took me an hour and a busted socket to remember it. Did you know that jeeps of this era had one of three different brakes? I didn't but I do now, the previous owner didn't either. Wrong wheel cylinder! So it takes a week for the correct wheel cylinder to come in. As it sits on the drive, I notice something leaking under the jeep. The fuel pump is leaking gas, I order a fuel pump.
The weather is not cooperating and I wasn't smart enough to pull inside the shop so it is a few weeks before I get back to work. Put the wheel cylinder and the fuel pump on and as I try to bleed the brakes, the master cylinder goes. I'm waiting on the master cylinder to come in and I notice something is still leaking, it's the water pump. Out comes the radiator, shroud, fan, alternator, and belt to get to the water pump bolts. Yep, broke one off in the block!
A few afternoons and several choice words later, I put the new water pump and all that other stuff back on and crank the jeep. There is a fine mist of water hitting the fan, oh wait, that's gas. I have nicked a hard steel fuel line that runs from one side of the motor to the other side under the water pump. Guess what, all that stuff has to come back off to install a new $6.37 fuel line. I still haven't installed the new master cylinder and it's a chance of snow predicted for the next four days, in Mississippi! So goes the life of an old Jeep owner. To be continued.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:49 PM   #77

Oh wait, you said Jeeps??
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:28 PM   #78

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm posting on this thread so I'll be notified on post. Don't own jeep but shopping. I see Rubicon in my future!
Old 02-07-2014, 07:40 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I'm posting on this thread so I'll be notified on post. Don't own jeep but shopping. I see Rubicon in my future!
Hey Tim !!!!

If you pull the trigger on a Rubi you won't be disappointed, but a stock trail rated Wrangler will get you lots of places.

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:58 PM   #80

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Tim !!!!

If you pull the trigger on a Rubi you won't be disappointed, but a stock trail rated Wrangler will get you lots of places.

Cheers !!!!
Jeff have you been to Ouray, CO yet?
That's where we got the bug. Did the easy stuff in our Tahoe but climbed in with friends for a truly high adventure. After crossing the red mountains and having lunch in a pub at Silverton Mary made that now famous statement "We need a Jeep". By the way Happy Birthday!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:00 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Tim just do it. If you do find a Rubi, the 2012 and newer have 80 more HP and a five speed auto instead of a 4. Ours is a 11 Sahara and we love it. But I swapped in 4.88 gears and a Eaton E-Locker in the front end. It's cheaper to just get a Rubi then to try to upgrade a Sahara or Sport, although they are very capable for most all four wheeling, you can't put in lockers front and rear, sway bar discos and the bigger front end that comes standard on the
Rubi.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:05 PM   #82

Our 11 Sahara with a few mods. Make that many mods, to many to list right now. In December in Colorado. If you want to get a four door, you might as well get a Hummer. Just my personal opinion.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	356.6 KB
ID:	55659  
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:09 PM   #83

Fleetwood Owners Club
I figure having the lockers and mabe not needing them is better than getting into a climb and wishing I had them. Thinking the unlimited so I can take the old folks out to eat with us and the added stability on steep climbs on on the highway. Might need a 2 inch budget lift ans 33 inch tires.

Now just to find that easy bank to knock over! lol
Old 02-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
Our 11 Sahara with a few mods. Make that many mods, to many to list right now. In December in Colorado. If you want to get a four door, you might as well get a Hummer. Just my personal opinion.
Hummers are to wide and too heavy at least that's my opinion I have a 4-door X and it isn't lifted and does find so far. But I haven't made it to CO yet
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote