Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2014, 07:21 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, please update us on the cause. That's about as serious a safety issue as I can think of!

sadrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2014, 11:30 PM   #16

Mine came down after fueling up 1:30 AM inthe morning when I started the engine and had a hard time getting them up and mess the jacks all of the systems even the slide. I am working on trying to get it fixed .they are RVA JACKS. What brand do you have. My email is sneice002@aol.com if you want to cotact me. SUSAN

Old 03-05-2014, 12:49 AM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
mine will not actuate if the gear selector is in any position other than neutral and the parking brake is set

i found out last trip if you have them down and let off the parking brake they Immediately retract
good thing is the suspension had aired up and weight was off the jacks
I got distracted and forgot to raise them
scared the you know what out of me

i would imagine a serious switch malfunction occurred
glad you did wreck or break things off
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:25 PM   #18

Levelers deployed update

As of now every thing is working, but they have discovered a slow leak in the system and are leaning towards replacing the pump and motor. This does not answer the question as to why did they deploy while traveling down the highway? I am not convinced that it is safe to drive even with a new pump and motor. I will insist on a new controller before it leaves the shop. I'm sure it will be a battle to get any help from LCI but I will do my best to get some restitution.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:55 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by eterwilliger View Post
As of now every thing is working, but they have discovered a slow leak in the system and are leaning towards replacing the pump and motor. This does not answer the question as to why did they deploy while traveling down the highway? I am not convinced that it is safe to drive even with a new pump and motor. I will insist on a new controller before it leaves the shop. I'm sure it will be a battle to get any help from LCI but I will do my best to get some restitution.
Agreed, they don't get what the problem is yet. Addressing the leak is one thing, but the potential for the jacks to extend with the coach going down the highway is something else all together! From a safety (dummy proofing) standpoint, the jacks and control panel shouldn't even have power available for something like that to happen, even if you tried to do it!
Old 03-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #20

Latest up date... LCI sent El Toro RV a new pump assembly including the motor( it took 2 weeks to get it) and after installing it they determined that the replacement pump was defective! LCI then suggested that ETRV open the pump and inspect it. They did and found a mess. LCI said they would send a rebuild kit to fix it since the pump now had been disassembled(at LCIs request). ETRV said no you will send us a new pump and express mail it. Another week will pass, but maybe they will get it right this time. LCI still has not addressed the real problem!! We are still waiting for a new control panel.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:49 PM   #21

They're having trouble with our LCI system and hopefully, they'll isolate the problem. Just ordered a wiring harness. We have a 2014 Sunstar 27N.

Tags
levelers