Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2011, 07:20 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
License and Registration please....

License and registration please.....

The Saturday before Labor Day my cousin and his lady came up to see us. We decided to ride up to Boone and then up to Beach Mountain to watch the international ''Kite'' fly in up on top of ''The Beach''. Willa and Linda, Earls lady friend proposed to meet us that evening and we should go to the Lawn mower Races over to the dirt track there in Boone. Me and Earl took Willa's red car and I let him drive. You need to understand that this car is almost 19 feet long and he was more than a little nervous. It took him three tries to get it out of the garage. I sat in the passenger seat and giggled. He took the complete left lane to make the turn at the stop sign at the top of the hill... I giggled. At the next stop sign he waited till the traffic was clear both ways and took the whole road to make the turn.
''This damn thing is longer than our van aint it?''
''You just need to get use to that six foot hood out front and you will do fine''
We got out on 321 and headed north toward Boone. I mentioned that we should get some gas up to the Marathon station before we hit the mountain. He just ''threw me an OK'' without looking at me. He pulled into the gas station and iI told him that the filler was on the right side of the car. It took him three tries to get into the pumps. I giggled a little..... I pumped the gas and he went and got us some juice and a snack. He came back out and I tossed him the keys again. He tossed them back to me and said that I should drive because there were curves on 321 going up to Boone and he was not sure he could negotiate them. I kinda giggled and slid under the wheel.

We eased along the four lane toward Boone with the top down. Two pretty ladies in a yellow Corvette passed us and waved and yelled something. We waved back.

Understand that this was Labor Day Weekend and the road was crowded going to Boone. Lots of families out for a holiday. We got waved at and ''high signed'' and photographed and videoed and ooggled and pointed at more times than I can remember in the 37 miles up the mountain. We were heading for the ''cut off'' to go to Beach Mountain when I noticed a police car in the left lane behind us. I knew I was not speeding because I am familiar with this road and I know the cops watch it on the weekends. The police car followed us for about a mile just staying in the left lane behind us. I told Earl that we could expect the ''BLUES” any time and sure enough ….. ''BLUE BLUE BLUE''...... I pulled into the parking lot of a tourist trap that sell lawn furniture.

''Can I see your license and registration card please''
''Yes sir officer, what is the problem?''
''Exactly what kind of car is this sir?''..... Earl giggled …..
''It's called a LUXXOR sir.''
''Be right back sir''..........
I watched him put me in the computer and he used his radio mic. Before he got back to us another police car pulled in behind him and the officer got out and walked up to our car.
''Wow, what kind of car is this sir?'' …. Earl giggled …..
Earl could not be still any longer …..''It's a stolen car and I have been kidnapped by this guy''......... He giggled again ….
The first police officer came back and handed me the registration and my drivers license. Both police officer walked around the car looking and pointing and asking questions. They finally told us we could go but to be careful of all the traffic.
We headed on up the mountain and turned to go to Beach Mountain. Traffic was kinda busy and we were in the right lane when I noticed another police car in the left lane shadowing us.
''Here we go again Earl''........
Sure enough, ''BLUE BLUE BLUE''...... and we went thru the ''routine again''...... Not a problem....... Earl sat and giggled while I answered questions........
It should be understood that Beach Mountain is a ski resort in the winter time and a ''rich mans playground'' in the summertime and they charge the ''Florida Sunbirds'' up there a fee just to breathe the mountain air.
A county sheriff stopped us and pointed toward the curb and we pulled over and, sure enough, we went thru the complete routine again. Several of the locals stopped and looked and one asked the sheriff if he could move his car up so they could get better pictures or our car....... Earl sat and giggled.....
We finally made it up on the ''Beach'' and found out that the ''Kite Fly'' was Sunday, not Saturday. I threatened to beat Earl to death with a seat belt.

We went back to Boone and met the girls and went to supper and then hit it for the ''Lawnmower Races'' over to the fair grounds. As we traveled we kept seeing motor cycles on the road. Bunches of motor cycles. Then we saw the sign ''BIKE RALLY, THIS WAY''. We got over to the fair grounds and asked a guy at the gate....''Where the heck is the lawn mower races being held at?''
''Right here, NEXT SATURDAY.''........ Earl giggled and again I threatened to beat him to death with a seat belt.
The ladies split off from us and went to ''Shops on the Parkway'' for shopping and me and Earl headed for Blowing Rock. This is a tiny town with one stop light and is a pure tourist trap. Blocks of stores selling everything from walking stick to chocolate fudge for 20 dollars a pound. (its really good fudge)..... We headed for Blowing Rock. We eased along main street and I got lucky and found a parking place on main, right in front of the ''Fudge and ice cream Factory.'' I parked and we went into the store. It was fun to watch the people looking at the car. They walk around it and peep inside and point and sometimes touch and look then around like a kid stealing watermellons. Earl got ice cream cone and I got a pound of , Non Fattening, Sugar Free, Colosteral free, Cream Free, chocolate fudge containing no Sodium Glutimate that is GOOD for your heart and will not make you FAT. (COUGH COUGH)

I waited while he ate his ice cream cone because it would be impossible for him to ''keep up with'' the dripps in a convertible while riding.
''You reckon' we will get out of here without getting ''checked again'' there Mr. Seaway?''
''Yep, I think it is late enough that their ''rent-a-cop'' here has gone home for the evening.''
We sat and enjoyed the evening and answered lots of questions and met lots of nice folks there in Blowing Rock community just outside of Boone, NC....

Life is good …...

Some veteran died to give us this great life we have now …... think about it...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	adjustedlux.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	13569  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I can attest that the car in the picture is Seajay's. I have a picture of it in my album with my wife sitting in it.

She has not asked for one, yet.

Seajay, they should have locked you up just for creating a commotion.

Nice story.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #3

Sound like you had a great day. Thanks for the story. Fair wind and trailing seas.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:36 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
That is one cool car!
Old 09-05-2011, 07:46 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
What year Chevy is that?
Old 09-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Now THAT's a car!

Does it come in a hybrid?

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That's cold
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
You need to write a book

Dave
Old 09-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by w6pea View Post
That's cold
Naw, it would be cold to ask what year VW Beetle chassis is under it.

(OK, I know that it's not a VDub... )

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok..... to clear up some questions.
It started life as a 97 Mustang GT Convertible.
It was ''stretched'' 40 inches and is about 18'9'' long
it has a new engine, tranny, all new breaks, calipers, pads and hoses.
It has a new interior with ''My Willa'' embroidered in the front seats.
It has power seats, antenna, lighted vanity mirrors, power outside mirrors and a lot of other stuff that i dont remember.
Those are real ''knock off'' rims with new tires.
It has a new convertible top with cover.
The windshield is new and it has seat heaters.
Lots of folks think it is an old Duzenberg or a Rolls.
The name of the car is a Luxxor. It was hand built up in Pa. and is number 8 of 9 in existence that I know of.
We drive it daily just like you drive your car and it gets a lot of attention. Willa will refuse to drive it to get groceries. She says her ice cream will melt before she can get back in the car and leave the parking lot.
I ordered it for her after she seen one two years ago down in Clearwater Fla. I asked about the car and the salesman said it was sold and going to Saudi and he would not let her sit in it. He gave me the mans name and phone number and we contacted him about a car. Willa picked out the way she wanted the car and we ordered it. It has been photographed hundreds of times and we love the attention it gets. (except from the police) ..... It is very unique and we have the only one that I have ever seen around here. We take it to car shows and I have seen people climb over Corvettes, Cobras, 57 Bell Air Chev convertibles, 56 Storm chicken Convertibles and all manner of really beautiful cars just get a look at the Luxxor.
Thank you for your interest in our toy. We tell people that we drive it up to the 'welfair office' to get our check and our cheese.....lol....

We may bring it to the National Rally this fall......

God bless our troops and bring them home safe.....
Old 09-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for sharing your story!
Old 09-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
Ok..... to clear up some questions.
It started life as a 97 Mustang GT Convertible.
It was ''stretched'' 40 inches and is about 18'9'' long
it has a new engine, tranny, all new breaks, calipers, pads and hoses.
It has a new interior with ''My Willa'' embroidered in the front seats.
It has power seats, antenna, lighted vanity mirrors, power outside mirrors and a lot of other stuff that i dont remember.
Those are real ''knock off'' rims with new tires.
It has a new convertible top with cover.
The windshield is new and it has seat heaters.
Lots of folks think it is an old Duzenberg or a Rolls.
The name of the car is a Luxxor. It was hand built up in Pa. and is number 8 of 9 in existence that I know of.
We drive it daily just like you drive your car and it gets a lot of attention. Willa will refuse to drive it to get groceries. She says her ice cream will melt before she can get back in the car and leave the parking lot.
I ordered it for her after she seen one two years ago down in Clearwater Fla. I asked about the car and the salesman said it was sold and going to Saudi and he would not let her sit in it. He gave me the mans name and phone number and we contacted him about a car. Willa picked out the way she wanted the car and we ordered it. It has been photographed hundreds of times and we love the attention it gets. (except from the police) ..... It is very unique and we have the only one that I have ever seen around here. We take it to car shows and I have seen people climb over Corvettes, Cobras, 57 Bell Air Chev convertibles, 56 Storm chicken Convertibles and all manner of really beautiful cars just get a look at the Luxxor.
Thank you for your interest in our toy. We tell people that we drive it up to the 'welfair office' to get our check and our cheese.....lol....

We may bring it to the National Rally this fall......

God bless our troops and bring them home safe.....
Now that is cold for sure......I thought it was some expensive type of car geeeezzzzz
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #13

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Now that is a car worthy of it's owner! Or is it the owner is worthy of that nice car? Either way very cool!
Now can they stretch my 94 PA to look like your car only still have all the same amenities?
See you the day before the rally!

I'll be driving the nondescript compact rental car but will pretend I'm driving your LUXXOR!
Ron
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #14

Sure hope you DO bring it to the rally this fall. We would all really like to lay an eye on it in person. One sweet car for sure.

Ann n Gene is online now   Reply With Quote