Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2011, 09:12 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to Pghwizard Send a message via Yahoo to Pghwizard
Life after kids?

My daughter and youngest turned 18. This spring when we head out the wife and I will be alone, for years I dreamed of these days, no playpens and swings diaper bags..... well you know what I mean but now what do we do?

I have some cool lighthouses and historical places we plan to hit, oh yeah and winery's.... Mmmmmmmm

Pghwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2011, 10:59 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pghwizard View Post
My daughter and youngest turned 18. This spring when we head out the wife and I will be alone, for years I dreamed of these days, no playpens and swings diaper bags..... well you know what I mean but now what do we do?

I have some cool lighthouses and historical places we plan to hit, oh yeah and winery's.... Mmmmmmmm

Now you get to enjoy life while you are in good health and get get to be with each other ALONE
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:22 PM   #3

Appalachian Campers
Get it all done while you can............The grandkids will change all that soon enough!
sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:27 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Take your time and smell the roses!!
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:21 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
What will you do ? ANYTHING YOU WANT (within reason anyway). Our kids are grown and have been out of the house for years and we now enjoy our grand kids.
blackf3504dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:01 AM   #6
IC2

Our kids are long gone, with the closest 250 miles away All have their own kids. We see them all, but usually as a group or a family at Christmas. Then again as they or us decide to visit. While we enjoy visits with them, they have their lives, kids and careers to consider as well.

What I'm saying is enjoy -
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #7

We like to go to public parks, have impromptu picnics, go to see small historic towns and just wander down the streets looking at the architecture, visit small museums and art galleries, attend art, music and food festivals in towns that are off the beaten path. Take long drives on scenic byways. I guess we were different. Life after kids isn't much different than life with kids. Since we homeschooled our kids, we never had much problems with "vacationing" around a school schedule. When we first moved to TN, I got their visitors guide and immediately sat down ad picked out all the free and cheap attractions to visit (highlighted free in one colour then cheap in another colour), found a public campground near the attractions and we would take the pop-up and go. We had a life before kids, we had a life while we had kids and we have a life after our kids grew up. Nothing much really changed. We go... always have, always will.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #8

Yeah, we are down to sending rent money to only one child.
sadiebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Without kids? What's that?

Both of ours live close by and we consider ourselves blessed. Our daughter was in and out of living with us for 10 years after high school. Our son and his family unexpected lived with us for 10 months after their house flooded because of a broken water pipe.

As another poster pointed out, the cycle starts all over again with grandkids. We just had our 7yo granddaughter with us on the Texas Boomer camping trip last weekend. Do you know what a challenge it is to keep an active 7yo busy on a totally rainy and cold weekend?

One of these days, we might not have to worry about kids either. Naw, probably not.
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote