Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2014, 12:26 PM   #15

Rexhall Owners Group
Trouble is , I love the S&B, and the improvements I've made to it over the years, and I love being outdoors and doing the yard work. I also love RVing, and am presently in Missouri, returning from visiting a daughter in Colorado. But growing up near Buffalo, NY, I also hate cold weather and snow. So....at least for now the snow bird lifestyle is for us. December we head for South Florida.

Bobb.25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2014, 06:04 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I think age 55 is a good goal to set to retire, or find something that is flexible enough to allow you time to explore the country.

It still comes down to how well a person had handled ones investments and choosing a lifestyle that matches their income. I have neighbors who have cars parked in there yards that are worth 150% of the value of their homes. Or fellow co-worker who drive around in vehicles retailed at 35 or $40k when they only make $40k a year if that. Granted they might be only leasing them. But your leasing a $40,000 car, when in reality you should buying a Toyota Corolla or a used 2-4 year old vehicle.

IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #17

I do enjoy reading about you folks that were smart enough (or lucky enough) to plan ahead and (or) find your partner.... Life didn't deal me those cards... I was stupid in my younger years,,, didn't find the Love of my life till I was 41... (14 years ago) .. (56 now) But we are doing pretty well for a trucker,, and getting a late start... Less than 2 years now to hopefully pay off the house, (s&b), on our first rv which we have learned a bunch from...(paid for) 'When" we get another, we both pretty much agree on what things we want... Full timing is not an option at this point, nor is it something we want to do.. (at this time) ... We both like having the s&b, BUT we see a time coming we don't want to keep up with 2 acres of yard... (looking at spending 2 grand for a new mower next spring) .... I would LOVE to be able to escape the winters here in AR,,, travel on my own schedual, not someone elses,, etc... Keep the stories coming... they give me hope.... Monkey
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:02 PM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Myself included, I never would be interested in full timing, but will be doing more 1-2-3-4 week trips. Over the last 15 years we have done three 14-18 day trips in the summer, and a few weekend or extended weekends in the spring (April 10th?) or fall up till Thanksgiving weekend.

Do tentatively have a summer of 16' trip planned for Alaska. Also on my "bucket list" would be: 1000 Islands NY., Upper Michigan, Colorado Rookies, Maine.

Not sure if I'll stay put at my present S&B near if the suburbs of Cleveland (OH.). Wish I had more room to store my RV. My ideal S&B would be more of a small town country setting, with a low maintenance home and mostly a wooded natural lot. Mowing a lot of grass or tending to a lot of flower beds is not my idea of things to do. Granted I do keep my present yard up very nice, but I notice after returning from a 15 day trip, it takes a day or two to get things back in order.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:37 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Took the garden off yesterday. Today bag the leaves and till the garden. Leaving Sunday. Plan to be back next April.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey Monkey,

You said you were a trucker, so when you say "Great Dane hauler", do you mean 4-legged or 53-footer?
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
You said you were a trucker, so when you say "Great Dane hauler", do you mean 4-legged or 53-footer?
4 legged when I'm on vacation,,,, double 28 footers when at work...
Old 09-24-2014, 04:03 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Started packing for a two week trip to Branson in a few weeks. Wish it were sooner. But all good things come to those who wait......
1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale) SOLD !!![* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 (For Sale)* Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Disabled Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:16 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-Am.Star View Post
Started packing for a two week trip to Branson in a few weeks. Wish it were sooner. But all good things come to those who wait......
Hope you have a Great time !!!! We are only a couple hours away, but have only camped there once... Should be very beautiful this time of year !!!
Old 09-25-2014, 01:26 PM   #24

Sorrow here... Took the rv in today, filled up the gas tank, drained the holding tanks, going out to wash it before putting it in the garage for the winter....
Old 09-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Only two more sleeps.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:54 AM   #26

Putting 3 more years into SS to get to 55. Buying Entegra CornerStone in next 6 months. Then see where we go from there. Wander Lust is strong for the Dw and I. Our pups have asked to see some of the world as well..Opportunity has smiled on us to afford us this luxury at an early stage. We fully intend to capitalize on it. Just yesterday DW asked if i was planning to Goof Off "again" today.. I replied of course... I didn't finish yesterday. She hates loose ends😂

Robert & Jana Stanton... Birthing a 2015 Anthem or Cornerstone
Old 09-27-2014, 11:05 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday...............

2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote