Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2011, 11:10 AM   #71

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
How about when you look in the rear view and there is a car just off your rear bumper in the next lane, when you turn on your TS to turn into the next lane to pass and he won't move to allow you room, your watching the slow truck ahead and him to see if he will back off, so you start to creep to let him know you need to change lanes, and he won't move.
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #72

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You move over a lane to let someone merge on the highway... they sit there next to you and don't either speed up or slow down to give you room to get back over.

Then you speed up to merge and they speed up .. by that time the line behind them has grown and you can't get in anyway. Or if you slow to let them get ahead the other jerks zoom up and start passing on the right.

Or the guys that are going slow in the right lane or center lane until they see your blinker come on.. then they go like hell to block you off.
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay View Post
Hi Mark,
I'm not opposed to people doing these things(chatting and reading labels) but how much consideration and courtesy does it take to move the cart and/or themselves from the middle of the isle.

I know two couples who meet at the local supermarket at the deli for lunch on Saturday's.
They are called feeding stations: Sams club is the worst: try getting by the mass of shopping carts when these yakers are chomping down on free food.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #74

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boh View Post
Many of you have already posted some of the things that drive me nuts but the worst, at least for me, is to watch someone park in a handicap space, then get out of the car, or in some cases, their big pickup truck and walk into the store as if nothing is wrong. It was always a pet peeve of mine but it has become even more so since my daughter was in a terrible car accident several years ago and had her back broken. She is now paralyzed from the waist down and has to use a wheel chair. Many times she has to drive around the parking lot at Walmart waiting for a handicap space to open up. Her van has a ramp that comes out the side so she really needs to use the Handicap Space marked for Vans. If you can walk you do not need to use the Handicap Space!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This really drives me nuts:bangh ead:

Boh
I feel for your daughter. But there are people who CAN walk, who DO drive a big pickup truck and have a handicap. I'm one of them. I can walk, but not FAR. I drive a big pickup because I tow a fiver. I get into it by using the assist handles and my arms. The federal government, the state government, and the county government have judged me "permanently disabled". I have the placard, the disabled veteran license plate, and state and federal ID cards that attest to my disability. Just because a person is not in a wheelchair does not mean they are not disabled. That being said, I make sure that I don't park in the van spots. I have been hassled by well meaning citizens who judge me to be physically fit, one even called the cops. The police officer looked at my ID and sent me on my way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:43 AM   #75

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have another big one from a grocery/department store.

Person going one way in aisle stops suddenly, or someone that has been stopped and paused...Suddenly without looking whips the cart around swinging the front end in a arc in a 180 degree maneuver. I can't count the times I was passing or standing at the side as someone passed me and then pulled this maneuver. I have always been able to dodge it but I bet it would hurt. And to top it off most, say 80 percent, don't even say I'm sorry... some do but most don't.
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:59 AM   #76

Winnebago Owners Club
We manage a storage facility in McKinney, TX and live on site in our motor home. The other day a moving company pulled up right in front of our RV and this punk kid gets out, unzips his fly and starts taking a whiz right in the main driveway! I went out and chewed his rear end. Thing is, he was less than 50 feet from a restroom facility!! AND to top it off, we have security cameras everywhere and they are very obvious!!

So my gripe is inconsiderate people and laziness!!
John_N_Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:51 AM   #77

I just found another one. Dr's appointments. They give you one for 1pm and 2 hours later the Dr finally see's you... The cattle call method they use today is unbearable to me. Wait 2 hr's, see the doc for 5 minutes and then pay $135.00 for the pleasure of it all
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #78

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
so send the doc's office a bill for your time spent waiting.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:56 PM   #79

People who write things like this, and fail to proof read their material before sending. All kinds of spelling problems, sentences that run off the wall, so you don't really get what the story is. Do instead of don't. Can't instead of want.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:31 PM   #80

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne MD View Post
People who write things like this, and fail to proof read their material before sending. All kinds of spelling problems, sentences that run off the wall, so you don't really get what the story is. Do instead of don't. Can't instead of want.
I agee most peoples never read there stuff befor they postand pay no attension to the gramer or anythink else that they are tring to make a point about especially if it is a imprtant tropic that bears discusting so that we allcan learn some stuff so that we may becomb learned or somthing.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #81

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
I agee most peoples never read there stuff befor they postand pay no attension to the gramer or anythink else that they are tring to make a point about especially if it is a imprtant tropic that bears discusting so that we allcan learn some stuff so that we may becomb learned or somthing.

Yeh wayne sunds lik my englsh techerfrom hisschol!
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #82

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Smile

[QUOTE=Boh;854789]Many of you have already posted some of the things that drive me nuts but the worst, at least for me, is to watch someone park in a handicap space, then get out of the car, or in some cases, their big pickup truck and walk into the store as if nothing is wrong. It was always a pet peeve of mine but it has become even more so since my daughter was in a terrible car accident several years ago and had her back broken. She is now paralyzed from the waist down and has to use a wheel chair. Many times she has to drive around the parking lot at Walmart waiting for a handicap space to open up. Her van has a ramp that comes out the side so she really needs to use the Handicap Space marked for Vans. If you can walk you do not need to use the Handicap Space!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This really drives me nuts:bangh ead:

This one is easy to handle... tell your daughter to simply pull up immediately behind or next to the offender... blocking them there and then to call the local police and just sit there until the police come and verify the needs of the offender. Here in Florida I believe it is a $150.00 fine for illegally occupying a handicap spot, even if u do have a temp tag, which by the way are to be used only by the person issued to.

Be safe, report offenders... enjoy the Open Road
Old 05-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #83

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry & Rita View Post
Best way to open a "Child Proof" package is give it to a child-They can get into anything.

Heaven's sake... here I thought that was why we had grandkidz...to open the childproof med bottles !!! Wow live and learn !!!

Be safe out there... enjoy the Open Road
Old 05-22-2011, 10:00 AM   #84

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
I just found another one. Dr's appointments. They give you one for 1pm and 2 hours later the Dr finally see's you... The cattle call method they use today is unbearable to me. Wait 2 hr's, see the doc for 5 minutes and then pay $135.00 for the pleasure of it all
This one is simple...I advise the gal behind the lil glass window that my apt time is XX:XX and that I am "OFF CLOCK" during that time, but after 30 minutes my "CLOCK" automatically resets and I charge $165.00/hr for my time billed in 1/4 hr increments... if that is not acceptable PLEASE advise the dr that I am just as important as he is and charge when I am kept waiting...

I have seldom had to wait more than a few minutes past my scheduled apt time !

Be safe out there...enjoy the Open Road