Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2011, 05:45 AM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
I will add one to the handicapped tag rant and I do understand some people have disabilities that are not obvious.

We have a friend, more like friend of a friend that keeps renewing her mothers handicap tag. Only problem is her mother died a couple of years ago. She uses it simply because she is too lazy to walk any farther if she can get away with it.

Haven't seen her in a while so we are not sure she still gets away with it but it is tempting to turn her in for it.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
I would turn her in... I became disabled after a work injury. And to see someone park in a disability park space who is not should be fined. What type of person does this.
srzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:10 PM   #59

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Always getting to newbe on the check out they never trained.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #60

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boh View Post
If you can walk you do not need to use the Handicap Space!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This really drives me nuts:bangh ead:

Boh

This statement is not necessarily so, at least not in my particular case. I can walk just fine, but due to a heart condition, I just cant walk very far, or very fast. I have a disabled placard for this reason, that was authorized by my cardiologist. Some peoples disabilities are not as obvious as others.

Dieselclacker
dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #61

Elevators . Here we are, me, the dw in her power chair, her service dog, our t kids. Riding in the elevator, get to our floor, the door opens and someone is wanting to get on stands in the middle or the door not giving us room to get out.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #62

We don't use the handy cap parking. I pull up in front of the door and let the dw out, then go park.

My father who has one leg and uses a power scooter parks in the way out there area and takes up 4 places. That way he has room to get his scooter out of the trunk and not worry about some idiot hitting him while he loads and unloads.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #63

People who don't take care of their pets.....grrrrr!!!

People who get one last HEAPING plateful at an all you can eat buffet, eat 2 bites, and leave the rest to waste.

People who start and 'warm up" there diesels at 5 AM in the space next to me at an RV park. Of course it may just be payback for our group staying up until 2 AM visiting outside (quiet as lambs you understand).

People who drop trash next to not into a litter barrel.

Loud subwoofers in cars that rattle the windows in my house from 100 yards.

Overseas technical support! Arghhh
raceguy549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #64

Vintage RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Second the "helpful" tech people who you can not understand. Add to that phone solicitors calling at dinnertime or in the middle of your favorite show.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:09 PM   #65

People who ask you a question and argue about the answer. You only had years of training and they only an hour. Geeze!!
Buffordt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #66

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
People who come on the highway, from an on ramp, an go straight to the center lane of a three lane highway and when you blow your horn,they give you the bird.
tims52ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:37 PM   #67

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piledrive View Post
As others have noted, many of mine have already been highlighted. The one that really gets me boiling are the drivers pulling clear up to the front of a long line of vehicles in the on ramp and cut in. Why some folks allow this is beyond me. At rush hour or perhaps some special event it seems I always see this going on. I guess some folks are just too important to be expected to *wait* in line like the rest of us.
However, it is nice to be retired and not have to drive these danged SoCal Freeways every day. Never could figure out the term freeway, these SoCal parking lots use more gas at idle than most states use all day long.
This is a similar situation that will make your day. We were traveling to an event on a secondary road and hit a stretch of construction where the road narrowed to one lane. In my rear view mirror I could see this car traveling in the breakdown lane in a cloud of dust. He got to the front of the line where where a police officer was directing traffic. The officer pulled the guy over. On the way back from the event we travel the same road but in the opposite direction. The cop still had the guy sitting there. I wonder if he missed the event? I'll bet he will never do that again. Good for the officer!
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #68

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffordt View Post
People who ask you a question and argue about the answer. You only had years of training and they only an hour. Geeze!!
LOL Sounds like someone I know... and then after that person goes and does what they want anyway and messes up .. then they listen LOL
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:15 AM   #69

Send a message via Skype™ to GSGracie
Ok, here goes. People who don't know the width of their vehicle and wait for a gap that is twice as big as necessary to squeeze through. People who can carry a full bottle or can of beer but as soon as it is empty, have to get rid of it as though it was radioactive- particularly on a golf course. People who need to have 400 yds of space to merge into traffic and have NO anticipation of a gap opening to accelerate into. People who park in such a way that if you fit into the space next to them, you can't open your door. People with powerful cars that can only travel at the speed limit on a straight, but have to slow right down to take a gentle bend, where you can't pass.

I had better lie down while I get my pulse down - there are more, but I want to live past tomorrow...
Old 05-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #70

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Child Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by decodancer View Post
Adult proof packaging, you can't even open a snack these days without scissors and an electronic item is outdated by the time you figure out how to open it. I also despise those who rush to pass you then slow down as soon as they can see the open road ahead. And when traffic is forced to merge, why do some people think it's ok to stay in the closed lane as long as possible then squeeze in front of everyone else? Why do people continue to let them in?

Best way to open a "Child Proof" package is give it to a child-They can get into anything.
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote