Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2016, 08:17 PM   #57

Freightliner Owners Club
Mr.D Very best wishes to you both. Speedy recovery

My brother had a liver transplant 18 years ago, his daughter was the donor, used 1/2 of her liver. (it grew back)- First daughter to father transplant at Hopkins. He had been on the list for years with none available.
He has really done well and over the years his meds have been reduced to nil.

Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2016, 09:51 PM   #58

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Mr.D Very best wishes to you both. Speedy recovery

My brother had a liver transplant 18 years ago, his daughter was the donor, used 1/2 of her liver. (it grew back)- First daughter to father transplant at Hopkins. He had been on the list for years with none available.
He has really done well and over the years his meds have been reduced to nil.
DW had HCC, a type of liver cancer. Takes a complete liver transplant, not a partial. Only 6% of those needing a full transplant get one in time.

There are 122,000 people on the national transplant list and they only do a little over 6,000 a year so she's really lucky!

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:31 PM   #59

Blessings to you and your family Deen. Continued prayers for your wife's recovery.
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:59 PM   #60

Hoping for a full and speedy recovery for your DW Mr D
Old 07-09-2016, 10:59 PM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mr D, so glad for you and your wife! Hope the recovery is quick, and the ribs will heal with time! Prayers for you both, as a prostate cancer survivor and one living with lymphoma I know too well what you have been thru! Again, prayers for you both! Rail!
Old 07-10-2016, 12:25 AM   #62

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Mr D, so glad for you and your wife! Hope the recovery is quick, and the ribs will heal with time! Prayers for you both, as a prostate cancer survivor and one living with lymphoma I know too well what you have been thru! Again, prayers for you both! Rail!
I just had a prostate biopsy yesterday, won't get the results back till the 21st as my PSA went up but still below 5. I'm 69 and from what I read at that age anything less than 6 is OK but they want to be sure (and charge Medicare more). Seems like once I went on Medicare they want me to come in just to get test results that they used to phone me with. Can't charge Medicare for a phone call!
Old 07-10-2016, 02:11 AM   #63

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mr_D, keep a very close eye on your PSA as any raise can be very important in your out come! When I first noticed a problem, was after being over here for a year, and when they tested me, my PSA was 9.6, the next day was a biopsy, came back cancer, and two weeks later I was having robotic surgery with the best Dr. In Asia! I am very glad they caught it early, and got it all before it spread!
One thing different over here in the medical system, all tests are done in house, and results are within hours, not days!
I am glad you are on top of things, and so happy for you both! Prayers for you both still coming! If you need to talk about anything, or have any questions, you can PM me. Rail!
Old 07-10-2016, 07:41 AM   #64

Mr. D....DH's prostate level kept rising. I think his latest was close to 7, so he had a biopsy, and no cancer. He has a very enlarged prostate, so just for that fact, his PSA could be higher than the "norm". Hope you have a good outcome.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:31 AM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
WOW! That's was quick and with excellent news that she was chosen as the recipient.

I wish her a very speedy and full recovery!

In regards to your enlarged prostate and possible cancer, I have/had both.

In 2005 I had a TUMT procedure done on my enlarged prostate to reduce the size. It worked great for 9 years. Then I started to have flow problems once again. I then started to take Rapaflo to help with the urine flow and it worked great. In the meantime I had shoulder surgery that required a blood-panel workup where I asked them to also do a PSA count. That came back at 8 up from 6 which alarmed me. So after the surgery I went to my urologist a couple of months later for a checkup and he decided to do his own PSA. That one came back 19.6, yikes! However, he said that the jump did not make any sense to him and does not necessarily mean cancer. So he did a biopsy which I hope I never have to have again!

The results came back with a Gleason number of 3+3, early stage cancer. Out of the 12 samples one indicated 3% and one indicated 5%. He recommended three possible avenues, monitor the situation as I would most likely die of something else based on my age, robotic surgery or radiation. However, monitoring was NOT an option for me because as soon as I heard the word cancer I wanted it gone. I spoke in length with a robotic surgeon and an oncologist before making my decision.

In the meantime my urologist put me on a Ibuprofen regimen for a number of days before having another PSA test performed. The new PSA came back at 9 which is more in line with what it should be. That new result helped me to choose radiation versus surgery.

After 44 treatments done early in 2015 prior to our third Alaska trip I am now cancer free. I have had three follow-up PSA tests of 3.6, 2.2 and 1.7 which I have done every 6 months . Hopefully the next one which will be done this coming December will be under 1.

Good luck with your biopsy results! If it is positive then I wish you well with whatever decision you make for a positive outcome.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
2002 Monaco Windsor PBT 40Ft. (R HOME) - 30Ft. 2006 Pace Trailer (R JUNK). Trailer Has 06 VUE (R TOWD) 04 Victory Alen Ness Edition (R RYDE). Full-Timer for 14 Yr's BUT now a Part-Timer. Cummins ISC-350 With Banks Power Pack and Upgraded PRXB PacBrake.
We are at our Winter Home in Flagler Beach FL
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:29 AM   #66

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Best wishes and a speedy recover.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:35 AM   #67

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Mr_D, keep a very close eye on your PSA as any raise can be very important in your out come! When I first noticed a problem, was after being over here for a year, and when they tested me, my PSA was 9.6, the next day was a biopsy, came back cancer, and two weeks later I was having robotic surgery with the best Dr. In Asia! I am very glad they caught it early, and got it all before it spread!
One thing different over here in the medical system, all tests are done in house, and results are within hours, not days!
I am glad you are on top of things, and so happy for you both! Prayers for you both still coming! If you need to talk about anything, or have any questions, you can PM me. Rail!
Mine went from 4.7 to 4.9 in a year.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:26 PM   #68

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Old 07-10-2016, 09:13 PM   #69

I think they stopped giving results over the phone due to HIPPA privacy restrictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I just had a prostate biopsy yesterday, won't get the results back till the 21st as my PSA went up but still below 5. I'm 69 and from what I read at that age anything less than 6 is OK but they want to be sure (and charge Medicare more). Seems like once I went on Medicare they want me to come in just to get test results that they used to phone me with. Can't charge Medicare for a phone call!
Old 07-10-2016, 11:32 PM   #70

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
I think they stopped giving results over the phone due to HIPPA privacy restrictions.
Nope, they can give them over the phone and did up until this year when I got Medicare Part B and a supplement through AARP.