Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #1

I have had several screen tents in the $50 range and I have not been very happy with the for various reasons (too many parts for setup, rain collects in roof instead of running off, etc)
Can anyone suggest a stand-alone screen tent that they are very happy with. I understand it will most likely be more than $50 but I am ready to upgrade since we will use it for years to come.

Andy
2003 Coleman Utah
Utah03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #2

I have had several screen tents in the $50 range and I have not been very happy with the for various reasons (too many parts for setup, rain collects in roof instead of running off, etc)
Can anyone suggest a stand-alone screen tent that they are very happy with. I understand it will most likely be more than $50 but I am ready to upgrade since we will use it for years to come.

Andy
2003 Coleman Utah
Old 08-01-2007, 06:42 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Are you looking for a sleeping tent .. or a room tent?

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:12 AM   #4

I am just looking for a screen tent to put over a picnic table to eat and play games. I would like some coverage (steep walls) so that when it is raining it is still usable and I don't need a floor in it.

Thanks,
Andy
Old 08-02-2007, 06:00 AM   #5

Check with the Bass Pro Shops ... they have a couple you might be interested in

Andrea
C Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:32 AM   #6

The dw and I found a very nice 10x10 square screen tent with 7ft high center at sportsmans warehouse for 65.00.It goes up in about 10 minutes and is very nice check them out

2006 30 ft Cherokee TT
j2detoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:05 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
cabelas has some ...
Sportsman's Warehouse does not have an online catalog...so you will have to see if they have a location near you.
BackCountry.com has some as do SunnySports.com and finally Amazon.com

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:59 AM   #8

These are great and really easy to put up and you can get a screen for them, we have one and love it, folds up into a bag with wheels. takes 3 min to put up, We got ours at Walmart for alot less than advertized on here this is just forreference

http://www.ezupdirect.com/ezup-instant-shelters/express...Eeasy_up_canopy_qts, but make sure its the e-zup brand as it does make a difference

2006 Dodge 3500 dually
countryside drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:02 PM   #9

I was just wondering. The brands that have been mentioned, do they collect water in the roof material when it rains or does it drain properly. I have had problems with the cheap screen rooms where the water does not drain off roof and instead creates a puddle and the weight stretches out the roof material (or tears it) and the puddle turns into a lake eventually causing failure.

Andy
Old 08-03-2007, 04:01 PM   #10

Go to the Cabela's link and look at the backyard gazebo. The roof pitch looks steep enough that there is no way water will pool. Looks fairly sturdy from the picture, although a bit pricey.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:00 PM   #11

the one that we got at sportsmans warehouse is very nice it dose't get condesation inside or leak when it rains It has an all plastic pipe framwork and pops up very quickly and can be easly mooved without tearing it down We love it Folds up and fits into a duufel bag with wheels also good luck

2006 30 ft Cherokee TT
j2detoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:40 PM   #12

ours never pools water, to great of a pitch, these are also easy to move when set up

2006 Dodge 3500 dually
countryside drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:49 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club

My wife picked up a 10 X 10 Screen House from Menards manufactured by Enchanted Garden.I believe this is the stock number 272-1155. She paid around $27.99 for it was probably on sail at the time. What suprise me is that it was made of all cloth, not poloyethlene.

John
Old 08-16-2007, 12:46 AM   #14

I don't know if you are still looking but... I bought mine at K-mart. It is a 10X10 screen tent with the scissor type frame. It is very well made and easy to errect. It was around $100 but a one time purchase for me.
Oh! It is made by Northern Exposure.

Space Coast, FL
JJ Hamick is offline   Reply With Quote