Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-14-2014, 11:32 AM   #1
Lose weight RVing ?

I told my wife once we start RVing we will both loose weight. You guys agree ?

David T
Triatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2014, 12:17 PM   #2
Newmar Owners Club
Good luck with that....LOL.
I always seem to eat more when camping and relaxing. But that's just me, maybe you have more ability to resist all the good food flavor's cooked on the open fire. I worry about loosing when I'm back home.....sometimes...

1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale)* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 * Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:33 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Oh absolutely I lose weight when out with the coach.

Up/down, move around, set up the ex-pens, hook-ups, in/out, just a lot more exercise for me even sitting in the outdoors.

I love it, it gets me so motivated and much more physical activity. Even working on the coach on weekends gets me out of the house even if I don't go anywhere.

But that's because the work week for me I'm sitting on my fat duff in my fat chair at my fat desk, driving back and forth to the fat office in my fat car.

And sometimes I'll go through the fat drive through to get a fat cheeseburger on the way home!

Kent - '03 Fleetwood Storm Ford F-53 V-10
With Susie (Lhasa); Angie (Shorkie) Ferbie (ShihTzu)
In Memoriam: Katie, Spencer and Zoey
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #4
Not necessarily. We really work at keeping fit and trim. Diet and exercise is the key of course, but it seems to me that there are so many opptunistic moments with happy hour beer, margaritas, snacks being presented very often.

We carry a digital scale and we both weigh every morning and one pound up means fewer calories and more exercise that day.

Another notch in the belt spells trouble for me.

I have maintained a 32" waist and 42" chest for more than 50 years and maintain a BMI of 22 and my wife keeps at a BMI below 23.

Weight loss/ maintenance is a constant sttuggle for us but we do it. NO FASTFOOD
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:58 PM   #5
Fleetwood Owners Club
Nope. I likes my Burgers and Beer. Not necessarily in that order.
stuhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Originally Posted by Triatik View Post
I told my wife once we start RVing we will both loose weight. You guys agree ?
My experience is that it is no different than being at home. I can choose to sit around, watch TV, and eat constantly or choose to be active and eat wisely.

I used to chuckle at the RV's with bicycles, boat, etc... attached. Now I are one!
JD & Buddy (the ferocious feline) - Full timer out west
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 4023 | 2010 Wrangler (daJeep) | 650 Watts Solar
My Adventures
JFNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:50 PM   #7
Alie & Jim 2009 CarriLite Max1
Volvo Dually Pickup
My keyboard is faster than yours
rollondown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:24 AM   #8
If your weight gets loose, you could be in trouble if you lose it.

Frank Damp -Anacortes, WA,(DW- Eileen)
ex-pat Brits (1968) and now ex-RVers, as of 08 Dec 14.
frankdamp is offline   Reply With Quote

weight, rving