Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2016, 08:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post

Me ... when I run into somebody who fits the bill as stupid/ignorant/deceitful or any of the other traits being lamented in this thread - I smile and think to myself how lucky/thankful I am that I was able to spot 'em before they had a negative impact on MY life! But hey ... that's just me!
Yes, that is what we are talking about ... you can't always avoid them or not be affected by them.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2016, 08:48 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When I'm driving and someone is deserving of my comments my wife always reminds me that they can't hear me. Still it makes me feel better that I've announced to the universe that they are a stupid jackass even if the stupid jackass can't hear me.

Old Radios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:14 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
As I age, I have a lower tolerance for stupidity, laziness, ignorance and the lack of values in much of our society.

Me too dagnabit!!!!

PS: When I encounter these people I just start humming to myself "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when your perfect in every way"
Old 05-17-2016, 09:27 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Radios View Post
When I'm driving and someone is deserving of my comments my wife always reminds me that they can't hear me. Still it makes me feel better that I've announced to the universe that they are a stupid jackass even if the stupid jackass can't hear me.
Maybe they can read lips.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:28 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
What, exactly, is stupid? Someone who doesn't think like you? Could they be calling you stupid? Food for thought. Also, I thought tolerance came with the years because one finally realizes it takes all kinds to make this wonderful, beautiful, crazy world.

Inbreeding destroys the herd, so we can't be all alike.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:35 PM   #20

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
The biggest hint that one is getting geezerly is when they start forgetting to...

Wait. What are we talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post
For a bunch of geezers ... all you guys complaining about how stupid the folks around you are ain't very smart! By this time ya'll should have learned that you don't have a say in what others think, say or do!!!!
Old 05-17-2016, 10:26 PM   #21

Great posts!!

It seems to focus on the fact that as we grow older we see, and care about, the changes that we see in society compared to when we were young, and the pace of change has seemed to accelerate over the last few years. Back in the past, folks thought that the Jitterbug (dance) was revolutionary and was a bad thing, then there was the War (II) and we all had that focus. After that, Elvis was something new, then the Beatles, all things that my older relatives thought were diminishing the character of American life as they knew it. People have been saying that this is all going to go to heck for generations now. Hopefully we're better than that!!

Thank heavens for the DVR. When we want to show the kids/grandkids a lesson on honesty and integrity, we talk with them, and then we show them re-runs of the Andy Griffith show, when we want to let them see how crazy family life can be, we show them old episodes of Everybody loves Raymond, and now that they're older and thinking for themselves, we encourage them to watch Last Man Standing. We also encourage them to disagree, that's the reason for our 2 party system.

JMHO, YMMV, and all the disclosures, We think that the RV community is a good view of America. Great place to live and See, and there's probably better TV shows to reference but we just know the one's that we've seen
Old 05-17-2016, 10:35 PM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
Sometimes I think to myself that there is a need for more chlorine in the gene pool
Old 05-17-2016, 10:35 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnitis View Post
What, exactly, is stupid? Someone who doesn't think like you? Could they be calling you stupid? Food for thought. Also, I thought tolerance came with the years because one finally realizes it takes all kinds to make this wonderful, beautiful, crazy world.

Inbreeding destroys the herd, so we can't be all alike.
Well I doubt any of this discussion has to do with people just having a difference of opinion in how people should act or live. It has more to do with people who do STUPID things that cause others safety to be jeopardized, or causing others needless grief just so they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, wherever they want, not worrying about the consequences or how their actions affect others. I'm sure people could start a list of things that could define STUPID for you in the context of this thread, none of which the general public should be or needs to be tolerant of.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:58 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim myers View Post

PS: When I encounter these people I just start humming to myself "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when your perfect in every way"
Ha, me too!

I can get along with just about everything else, it's the dishonesty that gets to me.

Steve
Old 05-17-2016, 11:18 PM   #25

Nope, Mike. He said the service industry.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:23 PM   #26

Mike, he said the service industry. And it clearly could be HIM wanting to do whatever whenever without consequence and that's being impeded and now he's whining because he feels entitled.

One thing about society's progress is that just because someone learned a long time ago doesn't make it right. We've also learned that stupid is an ugly word and reflects upon the user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
Well I doubt any of this discussion has to do with people just having a difference of opinion in how people should act or live. It has more to do with people who do STUPID things that cause others safety to be jeopardized, or causing others needless grief just so they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, wherever they want, not worrying about the consequences or how their actions affect others. I'm sure people could start a list of things that could define STUPID for you in the context of this thread, none of which the general public should be or needs to be tolerant of.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:50 PM   #27

I still think the rest of us are speaking to the type I mentioned. His service industry part I missed, but he refers to other things too. To each his own, but there are a lot of people out there who don't care about the rest of us and will take advantage of every opportunity.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:08 AM   #28

i agree with you on the first part, but the RV community is a small slice of America, and hardly representative. This is a perfect example.

The OP indicated the he has to deal with service industry personnel. The people being maligned as "stupid," incompetent liars are people who work for the lowest wages in the country, at some of the most unhealthy places in the ou try. Neither clientele nor worker are PhDs. What he considers to be lies could be simple math miscalculations or his inability to understand the worker's accent. To post a thread about "stupidity" based upon such ambiguous criteria is mean and diminishing to someone who might want to consider admission to this club of people of which many enjoy PUBLIC retirements that rely upon "stupid" people who work at minimum wage so they can park for free at Walmart.

As far as the DVR, I would dismiss it as clutter and show my kids "The Jeffersons" on Netflix.

If I were an admin I would delete the the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforus View Post
Great posts!!

It seems to focus on the fact that as we grow older we see, and care about, the changes that we see in society compared to when we were young, and the pace of change has seemed to accelerate over the last few years. Back in the past, folks thought that the Jitterbug (dance) was revolutionary and was a bad thing, then there was the War (II) and we all had that focus. After that, Elvis was something new, then the Beatles, all things that my older relatives thought were diminishing the character of American life as they knew it. People have been saying that this is all going to go to heck for generations now. Hopefully we're better than that!!

Thank heavens for the DVR. When we want to show the kids/grandkids a lesson on honesty and integrity, we talk with them, and then we show them re-runs of the Andy Griffith show, when we want to let them see how crazy family life can be, we show them old episodes of Everybody loves Raymond, and now that they're older and thinking for themselves, we encourage them to watch Last Man Standing. We also encourage them to disagree, that's the reason for our 2 party system.

JMHO, YMMV, and all the disclosures, We think that the RV community is a good view of America. Great place to live and See, and there's probably better TV shows to reference but we just know the one's that we've seen

Tags
dish