Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-17-2016, 08:20 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post

Me ... when I run into somebody who fits the bill as stupid/ignorant/deceitful or any of the other traits being lamented in this thread - I smile and think to myself how lucky/thankful I am that I was able to spot 'em before they had a negative impact on MY life! But hey ... that's just me!
Yes, that is what we are talking about ... you can't always avoid them or not be affected by them.
__________________

__________________
Ram 2500 6.4L, Creekside 23RKS, Smyrna, Ga
Previously - Casita 17' w/Dodge Dakota 3.9L
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2016, 08:48 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Old Radios's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Upstate (the other) New York
Posts: 581
When I'm driving and someone is deserving of my comments my wife always reminds me that they can't hear me. Still it makes me feel better that I've announced to the universe that they are a stupid jackass even if the stupid jackass can't hear me.
__________________

__________________
2006 Fleetwood Tioga 26Q
Toads: '15 Ford Focus, '10 Harley Softail Custom and '15 Harley Softail Deluxe
Upstate (the other) New York
Old Radios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:14 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
tim myers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
As I age, I have a lower tolerance for stupidity, laziness, ignorance and the lack of values in much of our society.

Me too dagnabit!!!!

PS: When I encounter these people I just start humming to myself "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when your perfect in every way"
__________________
2015 Fleetwood Storm 28MS and 13 Honda CRV Toad
Blue Ox Towbar & baseplate SMI Stay N Play brakes
tim myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:27 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
jfran304's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Warner Robins, GA
Posts: 2,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Radios View Post
When I'm driving and someone is deserving of my comments my wife always reminds me that they can't hear me. Still it makes me feel better that I've announced to the universe that they are a stupid jackass even if the stupid jackass can't hear me.
Maybe they can read lips.

Jon
__________________
Jon & Sue Francis (Retired U.S.A.F.)
Lil Girl-Rescued, Abby Rescued, Peaches Rescued
06 Allegro 35TSA Workhorse Chassis
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:28 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Marin County, CA
Posts: 250
Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
What, exactly, is stupid? Someone who doesn't think like you? Could they be calling you stupid? Food for thought. Also, I thought tolerance came with the years because one finally realizes it takes all kinds to make this wonderful, beautiful, crazy world.

Inbreeding destroys the herd, so we can't be all alike.
__________________
Johnitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:35 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Marin County, CA
Posts: 250
Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
The biggest hint that one is getting geezerly is when they start forgetting to...

Wait. What are we talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post
For a bunch of geezers ... all you guys complaining about how stupid the folks around you are ain't very smart! By this time ya'll should have learned that you don't have a say in what others think, say or do!!!!
__________________
Johnitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:26 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
nforus's Avatar


 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 786
Great posts!!

It seems to focus on the fact that as we grow older we see, and care about, the changes that we see in society compared to when we were young, and the pace of change has seemed to accelerate over the last few years. Back in the past, folks thought that the Jitterbug (dance) was revolutionary and was a bad thing, then there was the War (II) and we all had that focus. After that, Elvis was something new, then the Beatles, all things that my older relatives thought were diminishing the character of American life as they knew it. People have been saying that this is all going to go to heck for generations now. Hopefully we're better than that!!

Thank heavens for the DVR. When we want to show the kids/grandkids a lesson on honesty and integrity, we talk with them, and then we show them re-runs of the Andy Griffith show, when we want to let them see how crazy family life can be, we show them old episodes of Everybody loves Raymond, and now that they're older and thinking for themselves, we encourage them to watch Last Man Standing. We also encourage them to disagree, that's the reason for our 2 party system.

JMHO, YMMV, and all the disclosures, We think that the RV community is a good view of America. Great place to live and See, and there's probably better TV shows to reference but we just know the one's that we've seen
__________________
2013 Polaris RZR 4/900
Location: Colorado
nforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:35 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
dons2346's Avatar
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,477
Sometimes I think to myself that there is a need for more chlorine in the gene pool
__________________
Don
2002 Country Coach Intrigue
dons2346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:35 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnitis View Post
What, exactly, is stupid? Someone who doesn't think like you? Could they be calling you stupid? Food for thought. Also, I thought tolerance came with the years because one finally realizes it takes all kinds to make this wonderful, beautiful, crazy world.

Inbreeding destroys the herd, so we can't be all alike.
Well I doubt any of this discussion has to do with people just having a difference of opinion in how people should act or live. It has more to do with people who do STUPID things that cause others safety to be jeopardized, or causing others needless grief just so they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, wherever they want, not worrying about the consequences or how their actions affect others. I'm sure people could start a list of things that could define STUPID for you in the context of this thread, none of which the general public should be or needs to be tolerant of.
__________________
Mike & Charlotte
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3610
Orange County, California
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:58 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim myers View Post

PS: When I encounter these people I just start humming to myself "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when your perfect in every way"
Ha, me too!

I can get along with just about everything else, it's the dishonesty that gets to me.

Steve
__________________
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:18 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Marin County, CA
Posts: 250
Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
Nope, Mike. He said the service industry.
__________________
Johnitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:23 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Marin County, CA
Posts: 250
Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
Mike, he said the service industry. And it clearly could be HIM wanting to do whatever whenever without consequence and that's being impeded and now he's whining because he feels entitled.

One thing about society's progress is that just because someone learned a long time ago doesn't make it right. We've also learned that stupid is an ugly word and reflects upon the user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
Well I doubt any of this discussion has to do with people just having a difference of opinion in how people should act or live. It has more to do with people who do STUPID things that cause others safety to be jeopardized, or causing others needless grief just so they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, wherever they want, not worrying about the consequences or how their actions affect others. I'm sure people could start a list of things that could define STUPID for you in the context of this thread, none of which the general public should be or needs to be tolerant of.
__________________
Johnitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:50 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,796
I still think the rest of us are speaking to the type I mentioned. His service industry part I missed, but he refers to other things too. To each his own, but there are a lot of people out there who don't care about the rest of us and will take advantage of every opportunity.
__________________
Mike & Charlotte
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3610
Orange County, California
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:08 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Marin County, CA
Posts: 250
Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
i agree with you on the first part, but the RV community is a small slice of America, and hardly representative. This is a perfect example.

The OP indicated the he has to deal with service industry personnel. The people being maligned as "stupid," incompetent liars are people who work for the lowest wages in the country, at some of the most unhealthy places in the ou try. Neither clientele nor worker are PhDs. What he considers to be lies could be simple math miscalculations or his inability to understand the worker's accent. To post a thread about "stupidity" based upon such ambiguous criteria is mean and diminishing to someone who might want to consider admission to this club of people of which many enjoy PUBLIC retirements that rely upon "stupid" people who work at minimum wage so they can park for free at Walmart.

As far as the DVR, I would dismiss it as clutter and show my kids "The Jeffersons" on Netflix.

If I were an admin I would delete the the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforus View Post
Great posts!!

It seems to focus on the fact that as we grow older we see, and care about, the changes that we see in society compared to when we were young, and the pace of change has seemed to accelerate over the last few years. Back in the past, folks thought that the Jitterbug (dance) was revolutionary and was a bad thing, then there was the War (II) and we all had that focus. After that, Elvis was something new, then the Beatles, all things that my older relatives thought were diminishing the character of American life as they knew it. People have been saying that this is all going to go to heck for generations now. Hopefully we're better than that!!

Thank heavens for the DVR. When we want to show the kids/grandkids a lesson on honesty and integrity, we talk with them, and then we show them re-runs of the Andy Griffith show, when we want to let them see how crazy family life can be, we show them old episodes of Everybody loves Raymond, and now that they're older and thinking for themselves, we encourage them to watch Last Man Standing. We also encourage them to disagree, that's the reason for our 2 party system.

JMHO, YMMV, and all the disclosures, We think that the RV community is a good view of America. Great place to live and See, and there's probably better TV shows to reference but we just know the one's that we've seen
__________________

__________________
Johnitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dish



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windshield wiper saga, complicated by dealership dishonesty best5 Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 19 08-28-2015 11:21 AM
Stupidity In Action. Possum Just Conversation 61 07-12-2012 08:48 AM
Injured by my Winnebago - and my own stupidity cliff841 Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 27 06-14-2011 09:28 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.