Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2012, 06:56 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Lost words

Since we started Rving, some words seem to be disappearing: suitcase, motel, TSA, fly, schedule and - - -. I don’t miss any of them.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2012, 07:09 AM   #2
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Since we started Rving, some words seem to be disappearing: suitcase, motel, TSA, fly, schedule and - - -. I don’t miss any of them.

But others will rear their ugly head: poor fuel mileage, tire blowouts, fridge not working, dog poop, stinky water. Wouldn't trade it for anything.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
...layover, flight cancellation, baggage claim, etc... Don't miss em either. If I never spend another night at LaGuardia due to a cancelled flight, it'll be too soon.

But! In place of those old missing words, are new ones:

Campfire, relax, new friends, good times, ...
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Full Time

I don't know if you meant full time RV, but some more words....

Mowing, Shoveling, Fertilizing, Weeding, Edging, Trimming, Sumps, ...
Old 06-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
...layover, flight cancellation, baggage claim, etc... Don't miss em either. If I never spend another night at LaGuardia due to a cancelled flight, it'll be too soon.

But! In place of those old missing words, are new ones:

Campfire, relax, new friends, good times, ...
In the eight years we have been travelling, I don't believe we have been in 10 RV parks where campfires are allowed.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamguy View Post
In the eight years we have been travelling, I don't believe we have been in 10 RV parks where campfires are allowed.
In eight years don't believe we have been in 10 RV parks that don't allow campfires. Average 100 days/nights a year of campfires.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamguy View Post
To each his own. If the CG doesn't allow a campfire, its not a proper CG, in my book. You must be staying in those high-dollar hoity-toity places where the noses achieve the highest altitude of any body part. They're not my crowd, but they can pull up a chair to my campfire and enjoy a cold domestic beer with me anyway.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
To each his own. If the CG doesn't allow a campfire, its not a proper CG, in my book. You must be staying in those high-dollar hoity-toity places where the noses achieve the highest altitude of any body part. They're not my crowd, but they can pull up a chair to my campfire and enjoy a cold domestic beer with me anyway.

Ah yes, work a day discord, don't miss it either.

"And never was heard a discouraging word". A campfire song?

For the sake of discussion "campfire" is a symbolic word. Most places I know you need to bring or buy your own wood, fire danger can squelch campfire plans, etc; So maybe the comment was more in the line of, things are not like they used to be; a lament.

I spent a lot of time in a tent, in the "highest altitudes", smelling of smoke and sweat and enjoying every minute. I was younger then. The last was this past weekend breaking our three year old Grandson into "camping". And yes the campfire and somores was a big part of the experience.

I am not hoity-toity (far from it) but for practical reasons (my nose) I prefer not to get my MH full of woodsmoke so I choose a different life when traveling.

You say to each his own? Then chastise/insult us? Discord. Nope I don't miss it a bit.

Where ever, when ever you camp you have my best wishes.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #9

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Hey Ramblin, I'm with you on that! and if that's an open invitation I'm coming your way soon!
skstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
Ah yes, work a day discord, don't miss it either.

"And never was heard a discouraging word". A campfire song?

For the sake of discussion "campfire" is a symbolic word. Most places I know you need to bring or buy your own wood, fire danger can squelch campfire plans, etc; So maybe the comment was more in the line of, things are not like they used to be; a lament.

I spent a lot of time in a tent, in the "highest altitudes", smelling of smoke and sweat and enjoying every minute. I was younger then. The last was this past weekend breaking our three year old Grandson into "camping". And yes the campfire and somores was a big part of the experience.

I am not hoity-toity (far from it) but for practical reasons (my nose) I prefer not to get my MH full of woodsmoke so I choose a different life when traveling.

You say to each his own? Then chastise/insult us? Discord. Nope I don't miss it a bit.

Where ever, when ever you camp you have my best wishes.

I apologize if you (or anyone) took my message as chastisement, it was not meant that way. For you to seek out campfire-less places because of your preference is a-ok with me. My commentary was in response to a poster who said he rarely finds CGs that ALLOW campfires, which has not been my experience at all, and so these CGs he is referring to must be ones which have exclusive access. I wish you (and everyone who camps) happy trails, and safe travels, and I hope you find CGs to stay in that are to your liking.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by skstrickland View Post
Hey Ramblin, I'm with you on that! and if that's an open invitation I'm coming your way soon!

Old 06-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #12

A word that has a new meaning.....Coach
Not an expensive, over-priced handbag, but an expensive thing to drive, live in, and enjoy life!
Old 06-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Lost words? I'm noticing a scarcity of "please" and "thank you" lately. Maybe it's regional.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
As a former military and corporate pilot, I hate airports and commercial flying. I'm used to going to either the Fixed Based Operator, or military terminal, and departing whenever I (and the passengers) are ready...no hassles. I have not flown commercially since 2004.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote