Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lowe's - This is NOT the way you handle this issue!

http://screen.yahoo.com/popular/woma...stop-161118274

I love my Lowe's and I know the reasons and am sure there are plenty of rules about employee safety, but this woman needs a second chance and/or some leniency. After all, she was looking out for her Company. And 18 years of service? COME ON LOWE'S!

- Yahoo Screen

If this went national, I can imagine Lowe's would get an earful!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just sent an email to Lowe's corporate voicing my displeasure with the handling of this incident.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
I worked at lowes for2 yrs and watched people stealing all the time something they seem to let it happen Each store has 50,000 rite dn for losses To me that is just wrong The only one that can do anything is loss and prevention at the store All other employees are required to notify management and let them go.Now you know why everything is going up up and up. [Moderator Edit]
Old 10-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschuh53 View Post
I worked at lowes for2 yrs and watched people stealing all the time something they seem to let it happen Each store has 50,000 rite dn for losses To me that is just wrong The only one that can do anything is loss and prevention at the store All other employees are required to notify management and let them go.Now you know why everything is going up up and up. [Moderator Edit]
I know there are rules and policies the Company requires to keep its employees safe, however; this incident could have been much easier handled with a reprimand or a warning. Termination was the result of some dim-witted manager that had his/her head up their own xxs so far they couldn't see the light of day.....

So sad, especially with and 18 year veteran of the company. I'd bet if this hit the national news Lowe's would be in quite a hot seat.

I wish I had a link to complain to Lowe's. That's not the type of employment practice I'd like to see from a business I frequent....
Old 10-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #5

Well she was told the rules and chose to ignore them , I want feel sorry for her but I can't. What was it going to get her in the long run ? Lowes is a huge company and knows how handle it's own business it's own way.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
That is why I now "look" the other way when something is wrong, I don't get involved anymore to fix stuff. Over-all companies don't trust any of their employees anymore which in turn cause employees less loyalty to their employer. That is just the way it is now-a-days....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Old 10-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Unfortunately, some companies are looking for reasons to fire employees that have been with the company for a number of years. Sometimes it eliminates a higher cost employee, sometimes it eliminates an employee that might be getting close to a pension, and sometimes they simply want to lower the age or tenure of their workforce. If Lowes is one of those companies, that's downright wrong. Unfortunately it is a fact of life for workers entering their fifties...especially when they are being pushed, through advertisements and inducements to work past initial SS retirement age.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Your Smartphone is a very powerful tool these days. I would highly recommend using it when needed and not confront anyone directly that is suspicious.

Who knows they may have had a gun and decided to defend themselves.

I had a recent road rage encounter on the I-110 freeway in Los Angeles. I had my wife take out her phone and start taking photos of the encounter. She didn't think quickly enough to shoot video but as soon as he realized we were capturing photos he took off like a shot and exited the freeway at the very next exit.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 10-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #9

I seriously doubt if Lowes has a pension. They almost surely have a matching 401k plan where expenses are paid into it each year. The older people do increase healthcare cost though. (I am living proof of that.) I do think that every store should go after shoplifters as hard as possible as it cost us shoppers. I'll bet that this thief was not going to use that tool set, but would be selling them at the flea market for drug money.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If the man [moderator edit] killed her, guess who the family would file a suit against, you got it Lowe's.

Most companies have these policies for a reason.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Although I feel sorry for her she should have just alerted store security and let them handle it. I don't agree with her being fired but obviously the way t was handled is their policy. Maybe when they review it again they'll bring her back.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #12
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdogKing View Post
Well she was told the rules and chose to ignore them , I want feel sorry for her but I can't. What was it going to get her in the long run ? Lowes is a huge company and knows how handle it's own business it's own way.
x2 I applaud lowes for enforcing their policies. you don't like it they can look for employment elsewhere. wasn't like it was a hidden policy.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
The message that this sends to me is that next time I want a $300 DeWalt tool set I can just walk out of Lowes with it

I understand why they have these rules in place but if not for the media publicity I bet she would just have had a warning.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #14

This is the type of person I would want working for my company. Maybe she shouldn't have broken the rules but to let her go after 18 years. Which is the greater wrong here?
Closed Thread