Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
His Video's are being downloaded/watched(youtube), and will be used for year's to come.........(Training)......History in the making...........might go viral!

Yep they will be used at Lazy Days RV driving school. On HOW NOT to drive an RV.

Russell

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #128

Winnebago Owners Club
Boy oh Boy. This sure seems to be a lay it on HuffyPuff.

It seems to me the only thing he did wrong was not slow down when the trucker turned on the signal lights.

I have read HP should have been in the right lane which would have left him signaling for a lane change instead of the trucker. That would be WRONG. Signs say HP was in the correct lane. IMO he was traveling at a safe speed and was in the slow lane for the interstate.

I agree with Mike and Cha when Mike says slow down and let the trucker in. IMO nobody wins in an accident as Lynne points out in post 93. She does not say if either A or B did anything to help C avoid the accident. That is immaterial to the result.

Anytime you can avoid an accident is a good time. HP was not wrong BUT better judgement should have been displayed.

I believe if there was an accident the report would likely have read "Trucker attempted to pass MH using a turning lane that ended. Struck MH while making a lane change with insufficient clearance".

Old 03-11-2015, 07:04 PM   #129

Five mph under the limit means you are in the way, take the darn two lane roads instead.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:05 PM   #130

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post

Watched it many many times, and like Flyingdiver said, when the truck got just in front of you, the second full width sign over the interstate went by telling the truck driver that the interstate is the 3 left lanes, that is about the time the rear of the truck is visible to see the trucks turn signal signaling , wanting to merge left..... you had a clear view of both full width over head signs showing/telling you his lane was ending. Your dash cam shows this................"May our path's never cross"
Safe travels to you...........seat belts a must!
I would bet that he paid no attention to ANY of the signs because his GPS told him to be in the far left three lanes. He had his cruise control on sitting comfortably in his comfy captains chair just moseying down the highway. He probably didn't even look into either of his mirrors otherwise he would have been FULLY aware of the truck passing him on the right LONG before the lane disappears. Even though the truck and towing speed limit is 55 mph I know a lot of trucks will do 60-65 at times. Plus passing on the right and left happen ALL the time on California freeways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post

You're supposed to be aware of your surroundings.
I am re-posting these two comments because you are obviously NOT a defensive driver who is trained to be AWARE of ALL of your surroundings while driving. And that means reading the LARGE signs that are there to help people navigate the freeway.

If you can't handle a simple defensive maneuver on a fairly open freeway than I suggest you stay away from the Los Angeles area freeways as people will EAT you up and spit you out.

For people following this thread I had lived in the LA area for 16 years before taking up a domicile in Alaska. So I am VERY familiar with the freeways there. With a four lane freeway trucks are not allowed in the #1 or #2 lanes. They are allowed ONLY in the #3 and #4 lanes unless. Only under certain conditions they are allowed to be in the other lanes plus there are signs posted which driver's need to pay attention to that will allow trucks in other lanes. If driving on a five lane freeway with a HOV lane the rule above still holds true. On a three lane freeway such as the I-5 through most of the San Joaquin Valley, trucks are still only allowed in the far two right lanes.

Based on what I have read so far I am positive that the OP will not change his position or view regarding his driving habits plus I am sure that this was NOT the first encounter he has had. If fact I would go so far as to say that he is a prime candidate for multiple road rage encounters. It is just a matter of time before it will catch up to him. Hopefully it won't cost anyone their lives.

Some people learn from their experiences and others choose not to.

His iRV2.com handle says it all.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 03-11-2015, 07:07 PM   #131

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cucotx View Post
Don't take this too personally, but I think you were wrong. You're not driving defensively. The truck driver is in a lane that is ending. Defensive driving on your part would have said, let him in.

Your driving style could have caused an accident.
I'm not taking anything here personally. Just responding to posts here. There is always two sides to the story and I'm just stating my side.

If I wasn't driving defensively, there would be an accident. It also wouldn't give the truck driver the right to drive offensively. It would be the offensively driver that be the cause of an accident.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:13 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
I would bet that he paid no attention to ANY of the signs because his GPS told him to be in the far left three lanes. He had his cruise control on sitting comfortably in his comfy captains chair just moseying down the highway. He probably didn't even look into either of his mirrors otherwise he would have been FULLY aware of the truck passing him on the right LONG before the lane disappears. Even though the truck and towing speed limit is 55 mph I know a lot of trucks will do 60-65 at times. Plus passing on the right and left happen ALL the time on California freeways.

I am re-posting these two comments because you are obviously NOT a defensive driver who is trained to be AWARE of ALL of your surroundings while driving. And that means reading the LARGE signs that are there to help people navigate the freeway.

If you can't handle a simple defensive maneuver on a fairly open freeway than I suggest you stay away from the Los Angeles area freeways as people will EAT you up and spit you out.

For people following this thread I had lived in the LA area for 16 years before taking up a domicile in Alaska. So I am VERY familiar with the freeways there. With a four lane freeway trucks are not allowed in the #1 or #2 lanes. They are allowed ONLY in the #3 and #4 lanes unless. Only under certain conditions they are allowed to be in the other lanes plus there are signs posted which driver's need to pay attention to that will allow trucks in other lanes. If driving on a five lane freeway with a HOV lane the rule above still holds true. On a three lane freeway such as the I-5 through most of the San Joaquin Valley, trucks are still only allowed in the far two right lanes.

Based on what I have read so far I am positive that the OP will not change his position or view regarding his driving habits plus I am sure that this was NOT the first encounter he has had. If fact I would go so far as to say that he is a prime candidate for multiple road rage encounters. It is just a matter of time before it will catch up to him. Hopefully it won't cost anyone their lives.

Some people learn from their experiences and others choose not to.

His iRV2.com handle says it all.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Huffypuff is a nickname from as far back as high school because my last name is Huffman. Wow what a hateful group.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:14 PM   #133
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Moderators....please close this thread and put us all out of this misery
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:19 PM   #134

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huffypuff View Post
If I wasn't driving defensively, there would be an accident. It also wouldn't give the truck driver the right to drive offensively. It would be the offensively driver that be the cause of an accident.
Why do you care how the other driver is driving? IMO, we should only care how we're driving. We must all drive defensively because there are morons on the road and you want to keep your family safe!

Your attitude may one day get you to win the Darwinian award by becoming a road statistic.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:20 PM   #135

Monaco Owners Club
Mad Truck Driver, What do you think?

Just for my clarification you say when you saw the turn signal why does he want over why is he trying to come over you said it a couple of times on the video before he nudged over ( you saw that right ? Trucker language for give way ) and you said it afterwards you didn't understand why he wanted over. my question is Why didn't you slow down and let him over ? you knew he wanted over so the big question we are asking what caused you to not want to let him over? I guess that's the point I don't understand . Yes the trucker was wrong yes ... But my above question. ?
Old 03-11-2015, 07:23 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Moderators....please close this thread and put us all out of this misery
Oh come on, at the very least it's entertaining, nobody has gotten out of control with their comments, and nobody is forced to read it...even though I told myself not to read anymore, I can't help myself and keep coming back...haha, I guess just to see what else Huffypuff is going to say to support his driving habits. 136 responses and over 2400 views in one day-not bad, this is a bigger debate than Gas vs Diesel, even though this one is somewhat one-sided.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:27 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliej View Post
Just curious what are the five beeping noise once the truck was beside you? Every so often there was a beep.
Shock sensor in the GPS
Old 03-11-2015, 07:28 PM   #138

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post

Just for my clarification you say when you saw the turn signal why does he want over, why is he trying to come over you said it a couple of times on the video before he nudged over ( you saw that right and you said it afterwards you didn't understand why he wanted over). My question is why didn't you slow down and let him over you knew he wanted over so the big question we are asking, what caused you to not want to let him over? I guess that's the point I don't understand . Yes the trucker was wrong yes ... But my above question. ?
Because the truck driver was fully aware of the roads signs and the OP was not. The truck driver obviously could read English.

Enough said I'm outta here.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 03-11-2015, 07:32 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
Oh come on, at the very least it's entertaining, nobody has gotten out of control with their comments, and nobody is forced to read it...even though I told myself not to read anymore, I can't help myself and keep coming back...haha, I guess just to see what else Huffypuff is going to say to support his driving habits. 136 responses and over 2400 views in one day-not bad, this is a bigger debate than Gas vs Diesel, even though this one is somewhat one-sided.
Wow another positive comment. Think of the revenue this place is making. Keep all comments coming. I can take it after surviving that trucker.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:36 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucotx View Post
Why do you care how the other driver is driving? IMO, we should only care how we're driving. We must all drive defensively because there are morons on the road and you want to keep your family safe!

Your attitude may one day get you to win the Darwinian award by becoming a road statistic.
What make you think I didn't drive defensively? I also didn't say I care how the other truck was driving.

Tags
driver