Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2015, 06:38 PM   #141

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huffypuff View Post
What make you think I didn't drive defensively? I also didn't say I care how the other truck was driving.
It's clear from the video you were not driving defensively. And you keep harping on what he was doing. QED.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2015, 06:39 PM   #142

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Because the truck driver was fully aware of the roads signs and the OP was not. The truck driver obviously could read English.

Enough said I'm outta here.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
I hope youre not making fun of my wife accent because she from another country. That is just plain wrong.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:40 PM   #143

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
What make you think I didn't drive defensively? I also didn't say I care how the other truck was driving.
Probably because they watched your video.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:41 PM   #144

Hey when we get done here lets all go play some tennis. I'm game.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:42 PM   #145

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gordon,

In my accident, Driver A had the right away since she was on the road driving with neither stop light or stop sign. I was sitting at a STOP sign yielding to driver A who had the right of way. Vehicle C was at the STOP sign opposite to me and decided she could beat Vehicle A. She didn't.

There were two of us in the right but in the end it didn't matter. My neck and head have been at a level 4/10 for the last three days. I don't care who was right, I still hurt. I'm lucky, the surgeon said I came within 1/8 an inch of being a quad. 1/8 of an inch. 60 seconds, think about it. 60 seconds.

Pease go back and read that post because it puts this in the perspective from someone who will pay the rest of their life for someone else being in a hurry.

Keep it safe, Lynne
Old 03-11-2015, 06:44 PM   #146

Quote:
Wow glad for the opinion, I didn't expect to get beat up here. As for what lane I was in is what my GPS directed as left three lanes. So I was in the far right of left three lanes that put me in the lane I supposed to be in. The speed limit for trucks three axles and over was 55 MPH and all others 65 MPH. I have a 2 axle motorhome and wasn't towing at the time so the speed limit for me and the others was 65 MPH. There was no indication to me that his lane was ending because his trucks and trailer blocked my view. If I knew I would of backed off but it looked like he was passing me just fine at the speed he wanted. I did look in my mirror to see if I can get over but there was a car coming up to the left of me as you can see pass right after I braked. There was other trucks passing me on the left and I was thinking what is this a truck speed up zone. Again all 2 axles trucks were allow to go 65 MPH. What you don't know is the very next clip he cuts off a car at 1:35 minutes into the clip.

I linked the videos to ABF safety department as well of picture and to identified him and the tractor he was driving. They didn't like what their driver was doing and he will get a talking to and have to sit through more safety training. Their drivers are supposed to know the lane the supposed to be in well before the time. The other truckers didn't have a problem with that, just him. He is not allow to cut any other vehicles off and then flipping them off like he did. He is lucky that there is a shortage of drivers so they will try to retrain him instead of firing him.
You drive like a rolling road block cause traffic issues and then call the company, WOW! I hope karma catches you soon!
Old 03-11-2015, 06:46 PM   #147

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Gee I thought I had a simple question , no answer? I guess I'm not interesting enough. Oh well
Old 03-11-2015, 06:50 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Gordon,

In my accident, Driver A had the right away since she was on the road driving with neither stop light or stop sign. I was sitting at a STOP sign yielding to driver A who had the right of way. Vehicle C was at the STOP sign opposite to me and decided she could beat Vehicle A. She didn't.

There were two of us in the right but in the end it didn't matter. My neck and head have been at a level 4/10 for the last three days. I don't care who was right, I still hurt. I'm lucky, the surgeon said I came within 1/8 an inch of being a quad. 1/8 of an inch. 60 seconds, think about it. 60 seconds.

Pease go back and read that post because it puts this in the perspective from someone who will pay the rest of their life for someone else being in a hurry.

Keep it safe, Lynne
Sorry for what has happen to you and I didn't start this post to prove right or wrong. I'm just giving my side and wasn't pointing fingers at anybody here. Like I said before reading post 93 once was enough.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:57 PM   #149

I am sure Dr4film was not referring to your wife. I think he was referring to you , that you cannot read English. After all, You are in California where majority only know Spanish..
Old 03-11-2015, 07:01 PM   #150

Monaco Owners Club
You better hope the next time you are trying to merge onto a busy highway that the other traffic especially trucks don't have that attitude.
Maybe the guy was wrong in being in that lane and yes he was over the speed limit.
He made a bad choice and after a certain point there is no turning back. The right thing to do is slack off a bit or move over when you can and give him the room he needs. Then you can shake your head at his ability or habits and know that you are in control of the situation and avoid a near collision. Letting it come to that point where you have to swerve is not defensive.
When I am driving our coach on a busy multi lane road I too will be in the lane you were in, along with a bunch of other trucks. I am always on the lookout for any traffic for that matter trying to get over.
Driving defensively is an acquired skill and and climbing into a class A and heading down the road requires alot more responsibility than driving your family sedan.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:01 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
Just for my clarification you say when you saw the turn signal why does he want over why is he trying to come over you said it a couple of times on the video before he nudged over ( you saw that right ? Trucker language for give way ) and you said it afterwards you didn't understand why he wanted over. my question is Why didn't you slow down and let him over ? you knew he wanted over so the big question we are asking what caused you to not want to let him over? I guess that's the point I don't understand . Yes the trucker was wrong yes ... But my above question. ?
Sorry I missed this question. LOL Trucker languages, wow is there a book for that. I said I didn't understand why he did that or why he was in the lane he was in passing. Maybe I need that book. I didn't slow down because it look like he was passing me fine. I also didn't speed up to try to prevent him from passing. It was all in his hands and I didn't try to do anything to him to make him do what he did.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:04 PM   #152

Quote:
Shock sensor in the GPS

Thanks
Old 03-11-2015, 07:07 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by koda59 View Post
I am sure Dr4film was not referring to your wife. I think he was referring to you , that you cannot read English. After all, You are in California where majority only know Spanish..
Wow you are defending Dr4film and know what he meant. Where is my defence team, I need it. LOL Saying someone can't read english is not nice a being a bully like the trucker.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:08 PM   #154

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I watched the video this morning with my 1st cup of coffee. I was going to stop viewing when I seen how often you failed to maintain your travel lane. I watched all of it anyway and had the same thoughts as the majority of the responders.

I hope the truck driver has no grief from his employer.

You asked for an opinion.
Closed Thread

Tags
driver